Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Times for First Three Clemson Football Games Announced
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

May 11, 2011, 11:19 AM

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let the complaining begin ...***

May 11, 2011, 11:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Oh crap! A

May 11, 2011, 12:36 PM

nooner? ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

OK. My complaint.

May 12, 2011, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Let the complaining begin ...*** ]

I had to stay at the WORST flea-ridden, crack-head inhabiting hotel on the planet when I drove to Auburn last year to see the game. I wanted a night game if for no other reason than to force Auburn fans to experience some of the seedier motor inns in the Anderson/Pickens County area.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of our biggest home games of the year already @ noon.

May 11, 2011, 11:30 AM

Sorry but kickoff time does affect home field advantage.

Re: One of our biggest home games of the year already @ noon.

May 11, 2011, 11:31 AM

It should for the Auburn game. A nooner sucks for a game like that. Hopefully the F.S.U. game will a night game.

That will depend on how we do against Auburn.***

May 11, 2011, 11:34 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awww...you can't cheer as loud that early in the day?

May 11, 2011, 11:52 AM [ in reply to One of our biggest home games of the year already @ noon. ]

What a pity.

i can barely get there that early in the day***

May 11, 2011, 11:52 AM

Re: Awww...you can't cheer as loud that early in the day?

May 11, 2011, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Awww...you can't cheer as loud that early in the day? ]

I really hope you aren't trying to argue day games ate as loud as night games

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Doesn't get much louder than this

May 11, 2011, 12:04 PM

It was a 3:30 and not 12:00, but a day game nonetheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaJwiOjt9fE

I think there is a big difference between Noon and 3:30p..***

May 11, 2011, 12:37 PM

What was it like at kickoff?***

May 11, 2011, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Doesn't get much louder than this ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was DEAD......

May 11, 2011, 1:04 PM

we don't have those fire extinguishers to get all giddy about or that chicken in a box right before kickoff. Well, actually, we do have chicken in a box....but it is from Bojangles or some place like that.

Mmmmmmmmm ... Bojangle's chicken in a box***

May 11, 2011, 1:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Mmmmmmmmm ... Bojangle's chicken in a box***

May 11, 2011, 9:54 PM

Coots in a sewer at billy brice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Louder than a coot crying about DMc...***

May 11, 2011, 1:50 PM [ in reply to What was it like at kickoff?*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NOON? So much for making the trip down for the Auburn game.

May 11, 2011, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Awww...you can't cheer as loud that early in the day? ]

Ten hours round-trip not including pit-stops (me, my wife, and our infant son) make noon games a logistical impossibility. I though this would at least be a 3:30 game.

I'm in the same boat....***

May 11, 2011, 2:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

My point is...a bunch of people are complaining...

May 11, 2011, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Awww...you can't cheer as loud that early in the day? ]

About something that, if it exists, they are causing. Why don't you just cheer louder?

I can't make other people better fans***

May 11, 2011, 12:59 PM

Can you make yourself stay on Carolina boards? Thats an

May 11, 2011, 1:33 PM

initiative we can all get behind...

Proofread much? Why are your posts always full of typos?

May 11, 2011, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Awww...you can't cheer as loud that early in the day? ]

Doesn't say alot for that SCU education if you can't post all day on your rivals board without a handful of typos. Is that why you never go to SCU boards? Your spelling?

Its become painfully obvious those aren't just "typos"

May 11, 2011, 1:42 PM

its reflective of the poster's lack of quality education

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Iva only gets you so far...***

May 11, 2011, 1:48 PM

It's****

May 11, 2011, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Its become painfully obvious those aren't just "typos" ]

I'm usually posting from my phone***

May 11, 2011, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Proofread much? Why are your posts always full of typos? ]

So, when you have down time you troll your rival's board

May 12, 2011, 12:52 AM

on your phone? That is just sad...

Re: Awww...you can't cheer as loud that early in the day?

May 11, 2011, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Awww...you can't cheer as loud that early in the day? ]

Clueless09, you just keep on sucking it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Strange, on same day Nort Carolina and VA kick off at 3:30.

May 11, 2011, 1:16 PM [ in reply to One of our biggest home games of the year already @ noon. ]

Thanks, Swoffy!

On the U though....They can have that crappy coverage, 360

May 11, 2011, 1:47 PM

is better than the U.

Our best chance for a night game is ...

May 11, 2011, 11:52 AM

any game with an "@" in front of it ...

for example,

@ VT
@ MD
@ NCSU
@ GT
@ Cooter U

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's BS.

May 11, 2011, 12:16 PM

Gawd, I hate noon games. And they are interfering with my golf time.

I guess I'll DVR it and pretend it's a night game.

Re: Times for First Three Clemson Football Games Announced

May 11, 2011, 12:18 PM

I am not going to scream and yell but it is disappointing. It was such a great game last year. The defending national champions... that is a shock.

not AU that is bringing it down...given CU played a great

May 11, 2011, 1:51 PM

game that game, but AU went on to glory and that was the start of the downfall for CU. Understood that KP was injured and not the same the rest of the year, but they do not include excuses in the record books.

Not a conference game and the home team is not likely to be ranked coming into the season. Win that game, assuming you win your first two, then you will be ranked and looking good.

May 11, 2011, 12:24 PM

we have to earn night game kickoffs. clemson is the loudest and best place to be on game day but the team has to show it is ready before night games are scheduled.

May 11, 2011, 12:32 PM

Hahahahah @clemchem

B.S.***

May 11, 2011, 1:05 PM

Well, there goes some of our homefield advantage for Auburn.***

May 11, 2011, 1:18 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what was Clemson's record in night games last year?***

May 11, 2011, 1:24 PM

Can't blame ABC, ACC, or Wofford. Blame Dabo for 6-7 record

May 11, 2011, 1:29 PM

Our head-coach-in-training, led Clemson to a losing record, including several losses to teams with inferior player-talent, capped by a bowl loss to a much inferior USF team. The national perception is that (despite perennial Top 20 recruiting classes) Clemson is an irrelevant underperformer, and therefore Clemson will be unranked with little national appeal when Auburn comes to Tigertown. (It's interesting to note that Virginia Tech will be ranked, despite having significantly lower-ranked recruiting classes 4-of-the-last-5 years, because the national perception is that their coaches overperform.) Auburn has much more national appeal because of their 2010 undefeated run and national title, but Auburn lost a lot of talent and (based on the early preseason rankings so far) will likely be ranked in the bottom of Top 25 by the time of the Clemson game. If Clemson were as nationally relevant as Auburn, the Clash of the Tigers would get a better time slot, but nationally most football fans don't care about this game because Clemson is irrelevant. Therefore the game won't get many viewers, advertisers won't pay highly for it, and ABC/ESPN can't justify a good time slot.

It's not a conspiracy. It's not personal. It's just business. If Dabo & crew start to coach as well as they recruit (i.e. consistently Top 20) then Clemson will get better time slots.

Blame Auburn

May 11, 2011, 1:51 PM

For letting Cam go pro. It's not that Clemson is irrelevant, it's that without Newton, the whole world is expecting Auburn to be irrelevant. If Newton was still there and it looked like Auburn would beat the crap out of us, this would be a night game.

Re: Blame Auburn.

May 11, 2011, 6:31 PM

I'm not sure how much the loss of Cam Newton has to do with the difference time slot from last year. When Auburn and Clemson played last season, Auburn was similarly a low Top 25 team (#22 AP), and most people had no idea who Cam Newton was because he had only played one game. But back then, Clemson was relevant, having just come off of a Spiller-fueled Top 25 finish in 2009, and Clemson was on the cusp of being a Top 25 team in 2010, in the high end of the "others receiving votes" category.

Hahahahahahaha

May 11, 2011, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Blame Auburn ]

Marking this post for future consumption. What a lovely definition of delusional.

Re: Can't blame ABC, ACC, or Wofford. Blame Dabo for 6-7 record

May 11, 2011, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Can't blame ABC, ACC, or Wofford. Blame Dabo for 6-7 record ]

Agree 100% with that assessment. Also it hurts that FSU/OU and OSU/MIAMI are both playing on the same day, all 4 of which have a bigger national presence. Its just kinda frustrating after we got Gameday with that matchup last year and now we got at noon game.

I hate noon games***

May 11, 2011, 2:33 PM

was really hoping to go

May 11, 2011, 2:55 PM

No way I can make it down from Virginia for a noon game. Was hoping to go to that game but no chance. Hopefully some big games not at noon so I can see at least one Clemson game. Why do they love noon games so much. I love Clemson to death but the one huge complaint I have about the school and the ONE thing USC does a lot better than us is more night games. No way you can call Clemson a great tailgating place if all games are at noon. Night games at Clemson are out of this world though.

Sucks***

May 11, 2011, 3:19 PM

I dont think its Clemson/USC picking the time slots

May 11, 2011, 10:30 PM [ in reply to was really hoping to go ]

I think its that the ACC doesnt really have a TV contract and the SEC does

I fully understand the reasoning...

May 11, 2011, 4:41 PM

but it sucks that we had to play at Auburn in a big time night environment, and they'll come to the Valley at noon. Not exactly a big time home field advantage, but at this point, I guess we're not a big time team.

Sucks though.

May 11, 2011, 9:48 PM

Its really a hard thing to believe in a Swofford or an ACC conspiracy against CU. But hey, games 3 to 9 is loaded, then the Auburn game at noon. Something in the Greensboro office isn't clean....

Really? What did you expect?

May 11, 2011, 10:07 PM

no way the ACC wants us in prime time.

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Why does the ACC not want Clemson

May 11, 2011, 10:49 PM

to play in prime time

Man I can tell this is gonna be a great year already!

May 12, 2011, 6:35 AM

We get the first two games of the season on the internet. and the biggest game on our schedule is NOON on abc. Can't something be done from now until then? I mean Sh I see wofford on local crap networks all the time. And Fu Troy. Troy is a good team. That should be on pay per view. Tiger net. Go to work. Get this Sh televised.

QUACK, QUACK, QUACK..and QUACK***

May 12, 2011, 7:02 AM

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic