Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Morris looks to put swagger back in Clemson offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Mar 3, 2011, 2:45 PM

New offensive coordinator Chad Morris said on Thursday that he wants the Clemson offense to develop a much-needed identity and swagger during spring practice, which starts Friday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Morris looks to put swagger back in Clemson offense

Mar 3, 2011, 2:55 PM

In regards to how fullback Chad Diehl and tight end Dwayne Allen would fit into the offense. Morris said there is a place for both of them because he runs a lot of H-back and tight end sets. He said he wants to use Diehl out of the backfield and try to put the rising senior into situations where he can create mismatch problems for the defense.

I have been wondering for at least three years why we didn't use the FB to the full potential. If the FB doesn't get the ball the D can basically ignore tackling him coming through the line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I have been wondering ever since we wasted Ben Hall

Mar 3, 2011, 3:46 PM

why we don't use Tight Ends the way we should. Michael Palmer's senior year was the only satisfying year of the last 10 in that regard.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have been wondering ever since we wasted Ben Hall

Mar 3, 2011, 5:26 PM

I wondered why Allen wasn't featured more inside the 20 since TDs were so hard to get there. Would've liked to seen what a few TE delays as well as FB delays would have done for the red zone offense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Re: I have been wondering ever since we wasted Ben Hall

Mar 4, 2011, 11:59 AM

The simple answer is that our OL couldn't be depended on to open up a hole in the line, and the Fullback or H-Back was used to help block. Sad, but true answer. I hope we do get an OL with some swagger, but we haven't had that in a long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally disagree, our OL provided a ton of time for

Mar 4, 2011, 12:29 PM

Parker in nearly every game of the season. Delayed routes by the TE were easily possible in many situations. Harper was such a reliable receiver though, that he got most of the delayed routes because they were easier for Parker not to screw up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Totally disagree, our OL provided a ton of time for

Mar 6, 2011, 2:13 PM

Please re-read my post. I said nothing about pass blocking, only that they couldn't open a hole to run through. Think of all the 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 times we failed. The ruching successes we got from Ellington were cutbacks away from the way the line was blocking. Our OL has been pitiful at run blocking since Brad Scott took it over, and that is the truth. I wish it weren't, but it is. I hope we have better run blocking now, because if we do, it opens up everything else. I hope we get some swagger and nastiness. If we do, then watch out. If not, then we will continue to be a frustrated fan base. It was a great day in Clemson history when Brad Scott took another assignment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they get 3 play installed and running well

Mar 3, 2011, 3:01 PM

then it will be 3 more than they had last year...

WARNING: all material posted by kfast600 is not to be taken seriously and can make you dumber than you were before, if that is actually possible.

That hand the ball Ellington play worked pretty well.***

Mar 3, 2011, 3:22 PM

Re: That hand the ball Ellington play worked pretty well.***

Mar 3, 2011, 3:40 PM

yourhero - That is the best comment Ive read all day. I was rolling.

Re: If they get 3 play installed and running well

Mar 3, 2011, 3:47 PM [ in reply to If they get 3 play installed and running well ]

If they get one, that will be more than Napier mastered out of Spence's play book. I hope that book has been destroyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So far I like what The Taxman is selling***

Mar 3, 2011, 3:49 PM

show me swagger in the W column, however it may be***

Mar 3, 2011, 5:05 PM

Re: Morris looks to put swagger back in Clemson offense

Mar 3, 2011, 8:07 PM

If any of our fans thinks this is going to be a fine tuned FB team come September, you are going to be disappointed. If you are a fan that understands that we must take one step at a time to build something strong and good, then I believe you are going to be happy with where our program is finally heading. Gooooo Tigersssss, I'm excited!!!!!

Perhap he's a "Mad Scientist" - we'll see***

Mar 4, 2011, 3:25 PM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic