Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UNC escapes Littlejohn with a 64-62 win
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Feb 12, 2011, 4:58 PM

The loss drops the Tigers to 17-8 overall and 6-5 in the ACC with five regular season games remaining, three of which are on the road. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have T-Mail.***

Feb 12, 2011, 5:24 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Forgot the part about post players being scared to death?!

Feb 12, 2011, 8:47 PM

Let's put things into perspective...Bobo played the toughest in the paint of all our post players.

The Tigers shot 09-29 (31%) from 3 point range...27 pts.
The Tigers shot 12-31 (39%) from 2 point range...24 pts.
The Tigers shot 11-17 (65%) from the FT line.......11 pts.

Aside from the poor percentages, the issue is the fact they shot only 2 more baskets from inside the arc. For a team that has such a limited shooting skills, this is ultimately the reason the Tigers lost---shot selection. If you were to take away the couple of breakaway layups, the issue gets magnified. I would love to see post players flash to the high post and look for back door cutters or ball screen the wing for a drive & dish. Clemson needs to figure out it's OK to shoot inside that big ole arc out there.

Defensively, a very good job with the exception of the mismatch of Tanner Smith on Harrison Barnes---I would have put the more athletic Narcisse on him. One major issue with our team is that we don't have an "enforcer" to come in and drop the hammer on somebody like Henson today, who was having his way with our wimpy post guys.

NIT will be considered a victory for this team in transition---we are not NCAA post-season material. For the folks who think that this is not being competitive or accepting mediocrity: Why not go to NIT and win a few instead of another first round loss in NCAAs and have to hear all the OP comparisons?? Success, no matter on what stage brings in positive attention to program.

Here's a link to what will make Clemson better down the road: http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-rivalssg/2012

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Forgot the part about post players being scared to death?!

Feb 12, 2011, 10:13 PM

Jerai was scared to the point he should have stayed home. Unbelievable that he can play so well last week and then be a no show today. He really hurt his chances for an NBA career today.
The effort was there again.
Bowden logic, a play here or there and we win this game. Unfortunately UNC made bigger plays at the right moment (see HB's dunk at three minutes to go.
hate to say it but we are NIT bound!
Go TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol at wannabe coach***

Feb 12, 2011, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Forgot the part about post players being scared to death?! ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

z17

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic