Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boyd hitting the fast lane
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Feb 11, 2011, 1:28 PM

Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd said life has been going by fast since the Meineke Car Care Bowl, and he knows it is about to get a lot faster. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boyd hitting the fast lane

Feb 11, 2011, 1:57 PM

We gone have some athletes on the field this year!!!

Go Tigers

T Boyd=natural leader by example and words***

Feb 11, 2011, 2:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: T Boyd=natural leader by example and words***

Feb 11, 2011, 2:09 PM

agree 100%! Very excited to see so much enthusiasm! Let's all get to the Spring Game and get behind these boys!

he had tears in his eyes after the loss to USF

Feb 11, 2011, 2:12 PM

showed that he cared and wants this team to succeed.

(of course if he played for USC it would mean he is a baby)

^^^point^^^

Feb 11, 2011, 2:23 PM

nm

I'm as big a fan of Tajh as anyone, but I just don't

Feb 11, 2011, 2:47 PM

get the most confident feeling in the world just from this article. Basically sounds like a college athlete who's trying to juggle all his responsibilities, and hasn't gotten a ton of direction or input yet from the new staff. I expect that will change, but it's a good reminder that we are starting from scratch this season, and should temper our expectations accordingly.

I give him all the credit in the world for reaching out to Morris's old players. That shows some serious initiative and maturity.

We're doomed.***

Feb 11, 2011, 2:48 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

yeah, that's exactly what I said.***

Feb 11, 2011, 2:52 PM

Re: I'm as big a fan of Tajh as anyone, but I just don't

Feb 11, 2011, 2:51 PM [ in reply to I'm as big a fan of Tajh as anyone, but I just don't ]

agree not a confidence builder

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

He sounds like a young man having the time of his life ...

Feb 11, 2011, 3:47 PM [ in reply to I'm as big a fan of Tajh as anyone, but I just don't ]

Just totally excited about everything that's going on!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2011, 9:24 PM [ in reply to I'm as big a fan of Tajh as anyone, but I just don't ]

What that sounded like was a College kid who's also an athlete managing his time very well.

He's studying for his classes
He's talking to his team mates to build a closer relationship.
He's losing weight to become more agile
He's throwing everyday to his team mates to build chemistry
He's building a relationship with his new OC
He's weight training also

Now if you get a chance... go on the other site and read what Shaq Anthony said about working out everyday, calling all the new recruits almost everyday and etc.

That in itself should be indicative of the fact that these kids are really "All In" to the program.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

like I said.....juggling his responsibilities. If that

Feb 11, 2011, 9:43 PM

phrasing made it sound like I thought he was doing it poorly, it wasn't the intent.

Feb 14, 2011, 7:39 AM [ in reply to I'm as big a fan of Tajh as anyone, but I just don't ]

I have complete faith in Tajh as well, but I think there will be some growing paons this next season. I fully expect Tajh to leave Clemson one of the all time greats though. I really do. he will have absolutely hge jr and sr years where he breaks plenty of passing records. I firmly believe that. The future is bright for this kid, but he is learning.

Might as well start the Heisman campaign now.

Feb 11, 2011, 11:06 PM

Boyd for Heisman!!!!!

Tajh Boyd is The Real Deal

Feb 11, 2011, 4:26 PM

I like to think I got a small advantage when it comes to Tajh, I have developed a relationship with his parents especially his father, since we work together. I have spoken with Tajh numerous times and what I have found thru this contact is....... He is straight out a hard worker and definitely a mature young man. I have no doubt he (thru this hard work) will be successful. He is as fired up about this season as any one of us Clemson Fanatics and with the weapons that he is going to be surrounded with he will prove himself more than viable. Let me say one more thing to all the naysayers and those that believe he will fail, keep it coming because believe me he is aware of you and believe me when I say he will make you swallow that negativity when it is all said and done. I for one am a believer and this QB will lead this team to a Championship before he leaves CU!!!

That wasn't meant as a diss on him.

Feb 13, 2011, 6:15 AM

I would love for him to put up those Heisman numbers on the field, and I think he has the heart of a champion. Now he just needs to win where it counts on the field.

Re: That wasn't meant as a diss on him.

Feb 14, 2011, 2:23 AM

I did not think your post was negative at all. I only meant the people who automatically judge him on the little bit of playing time he has had so far. I know this young man will never quit and is driven to be successful by all the negativity. I honestly cannot wait for the season to start.

I really like Boyd! Saw some great things in SC & USF games

Feb 11, 2011, 3:45 PM

...like when he tried to run for 1st down against Coots, and didn't blink or slide in when getting hit.

And, of course his firing two straight TD's in last minutes in bowl into traffic in end zone.

Would have liked to have had that 2nd on-side kick back so to see what he'd done in last seconds as far as hitting another TD for win.

Go TIGERS & GO TB!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this some kind of joke?

Feb 11, 2011, 5:53 PM

He almost got murdered against SCar because he had absolutely no feel for the rush or the pursuit. If he gets hurt the Tigers have around zero chance of a winning season next year.

Re: Is this some kind of joke?

Feb 11, 2011, 9:45 PM

... and that's where you are wrong.

Watch this video and if you don't feel confident in his talent.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRliwErftcM

.....then you will for his!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iJEKgKgWMo

Re: Is this some kind of joke?

Feb 13, 2011, 12:40 AM

One thing is clear. They sell better video cameras in Ohio than in SC.

This should be fun to watch.***

Feb 11, 2011, 3:50 PM

Feb 11, 2011, 4:29 PM

I just get sick and tired of all the rhetoric. "He said our tongues are going to be wagging..." or whatever it was- I seriously doubt the team was in that bad of shape last year at this time and wouldn't have been able to keep up with the "Smash Mouth Spread" (another great catch phrase I'll have to read over and over as if all the other spread teams in the country are pansies and don't try to smash people in the mouth. No coach tells his players 'we are going to run and spread really soft and easy and just try to tip toe into the endzone').

I actually gained confidence from Boyd's quotes. Sounds like they are doing the right things and asking the right questions.

I was a little discouraged at the 230 weight but not surprised. I am not sure what he is listed at, 6'1 I think, but I would guess more like 5'11 at best. Getting more mobile is a good idea for ANY player, not just the QB.

I am going on hoping the incoming freshman can step up quickly and get this thing going again. I am very optimistic.

Feb 11, 2011, 5:02 PM

I too am pumped for next year's team, but we need to temper our expectations. These kids will need time to grow up to become truly great players. We fans need to keep things in perspective and not have a knee jerk reaction if one of the LB's blows a play next year. It's still a big jump from HS to D1 football. From the recruiting videos I've seen, it looks like we will have talent at the CJ Spiller level coming in on both sides of the ball. Tajh just needs to get accurate and complete the easy pass. Let them boys run!!!!

Feb 11, 2011, 6:03 PM

Talent at the CJ level on both sides of the ball? Man, how soon some of you taters forget how great a college player Spiller was. Temper those expectations son, it will serve you well next year if things don't pan out.

Feb 12, 2011, 4:46 PM

I'm impressed with the kid. Concerned he has to visit the team" shrink"....what’s that about?

confidence issues?

Feb 12, 2011, 11:38 PM

or perosnal issues affecting his play. who knows

Re: confidence issues?

Feb 13, 2011, 12:47 AM

either one of you ever played golf?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really

Feb 13, 2011, 2:10 PM

but I play tennis which is also a very individual sport

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic