Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well...no more balloon releases at Clemson games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

Well...no more balloon releases at Clemson games

Jan 25, 2011, 7:59 AM

http://www.thestate.com/2011/01/24/1661087/sc-group-to-fight-law-restricting.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well...no more balloon releases at Clemson games

Jan 25, 2011, 8:05 AM

Our legislative branch hard at work by the lead of a 5th grader. Brilliant. Maybe everyone can bring 20 balloons the games and set them free as the boys come down the hill!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just when you think you've heard it all

Jan 25, 2011, 8:11 AM

South Carolina:

Too small to be a country,

Too large to be an insane asylum!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Savior. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Just put up the containment fence real quick while the

Jan 25, 2011, 4:32 PM

legislature is in Columbia and the rest of the state will be a lot better!It has to circle the whole town though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just when you think you've heard it all

Jan 25, 2011, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Just when you think you've heard it all ]

Don't know what has happened but it ain't good.

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

From reading that it looks like biodegradable balloons

Jan 25, 2011, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Well...no more balloon releases at Clemson games ]

would be exempt. No worries, we'll get around it. That is, even if it passes. Large and small businesses vs. 5th graders following a cause from their hippie teacher...I have a feeling that the businesses will prevail.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: From reading that it looks like biodegradable balloons

Jan 25, 2011, 8:30 AM

Its pathetic that a teacher can brain wash 5th graders to write people in our goverment to sway their personal beliefs to change everything for people as a whole. When does all the dumb crap stop. I guess it will end when we elect 5th graders to run our legislature....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2011, 8:31 AM

Someone please get rid of the 666 from my post points!!!

Don't we already do that?***

Jan 25, 2011, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: From reading that it looks like biodegradable balloons ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2011, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: From reading that it looks like biodegradable balloons ]

Unfortunately our legislature is not smarter than a fifth grader

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

USC has a special association with balloons....seriously.

Jan 25, 2011, 9:38 AM

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEDMfiOhIPc

Jan 25, 2011, 8:17 AM

i wouldn't mind fireworks if we can't use the balloons...
but we'd need more night games

Stupid teacher probably trying to pad his/her resume:

Jan 25, 2011, 8:18 AM

It's going to backfire.

Well, they do and they end up littering the land and ocean

Jan 25, 2011, 8:17 AM

they look awesome going up, but what goes up must come down. In the age of being green, it doesn't make sense anymore.

The turtles and birds eat the deflated balloons thinking they're jelly fish and then die because they can't swallow the strings. Kind of sad.

I hope they stop balloon releases.

So you're saying the problem is with the strings, not the

Jan 25, 2011, 8:24 AM

balloons? How many of our balloons make it to the ocean where animals can mistake them for jelly fish?

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You would need to ask a biologist that question

Jan 25, 2011, 8:53 AM

I'm only an engineer.

Can you imagine a biologist pulling out of a sea turtle an orange balloon with tiger paw on it? Wow the negative PR that would give. Might hurt the Top 25 U campaign that the pres is forcing down everyone's throat.

Jan 25, 2011, 8:18 AM

They might as well cancel all future night games. The stadium lights may disorient nesting turtles.

Please allow me to quote Mad Max: "MY BIG OL' BUTT!"

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

i love how it says the students did all this.

Jan 25, 2011, 8:19 AM

we all know its just some crazy coot teacher with a clemson grudge. a bunch of 5th graders dont randomly just decide to look into how balloons affect the environment. they should worry about other things, like making a compost pile or something. YOU WILL NOT TAKE AWAY OUR BALLOONS

Re: I know a 5th grader in Greenville...

says that playing 2001 makes their house pets go crazy and the little white towels people wave over their heads at Billy Brice Stadium act as fans and send a horrible stench into the air. This stench in turn attracts seagulls from hundreds of miles away and disrupts normal migration patterns.

Message was edited by: elwyn07®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know a 5th grader in Greenville...

Jan 25, 2011, 10:04 AM

HISTERICAL~~~!!

thanks elwyn for the laugh!!!

Re: Pretty sad when you hide behind a group of 5th graders

Jan 25, 2011, 8:22 AM

to get your Hippy tree huggin liberal policies pushed through! Screw that, I say let'em fly boys, what are they gonna do arrest all 80,000 of us? LOL!

LOL as if its 5th graders that came up with that idea***

Jan 25, 2011, 8:25 AM

typical liberal indoctrination of our youth.***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

should we indoctrinate them conservatively

Jan 25, 2011, 9:21 AM

And tell them lies that balloons don't hurt the environment?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

no, we should teach them reading, writing and arithmatic

Jan 25, 2011, 1:15 PM

If there was any time left over after mastering those skills, both sides of the argument should have been fairly explained and debated. Did a balloon business owner address the students and inform them how this law would adversely effect his livelyhood and that of the employee's? How about the loss of tax revenue for this cash straped state?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice spin there. Typical liberal circle argument.***

Jan 25, 2011, 1:54 PM [ in reply to should we indoctrinate them conservatively ]

I thought CU used biodegradable one anyways

Jan 25, 2011, 8:29 AM

if so, those are exempt in the new law.

Clemson specifically stopped attaching strings to balloons because of the environmental risk.

Most of you.

bleeding heart liberals

Jan 25, 2011, 8:29 AM

worry about the mercury in the flourescent lightbulbs you advocate which end up in landfills rather than a biodegradable latex balloon.

This is the same stupidity that caused the changeover from paper to plastic at the grocery stores. Now its the plastic bag doing the harm.

Re: Well...we couyld each hug a tree before the team runs...

Jan 25, 2011, 8:35 AM

....down the hill. Opps cut almost all those down inside the stadium except the brocoli tree. Oh well

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Balloons = woo hoo and the stupid wave. I can't believe

Jan 25, 2011, 8:39 AM

when I was up for the GT game last year a stupid wave broke out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Balloons = woo hoo and the stupid wave. I can't believe

Jan 25, 2011, 8:45 AM

Balloons and Wave <> Woohoo

Nothing is as ghey as the woohoo...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Incorrect, there is actually history and tradition behind

Jan 25, 2011, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Balloons = woo hoo and the stupid wave. I can't believe ]

the balloons, there is no history or tradition behind the woohoo.

Jan 25, 2011, 8:40 AM

how does that make it a liberal agenda?

Smoking used to be in the main stream media until scientific facts got in the way.

I guess you are one of the one's that throws your KFC box in my front yard by the highway? Just because it might be easier, looks better for you, doesn't make it right.

Balloon releases look awesome for about 1 minute, after that it's littering.

And don't try to make this a global warming tree hugging issue. I don't believe in global warming. I've vote Republican.

the balloons rise for a few miles before disintegrating

Jan 25, 2011, 8:45 AM

there is no litter from a balloon release. If there is a string or ribbon attached thats different and no balloon release should have those.

well, they are not bubbles, when they pop the fall down

Jan 25, 2011, 8:51 AM

to the ground. I don't know exactly how long they take to disintegrate, but my guess is it's not instantaneous. probably weeks and months. They become litter.

A KFC box will biodegrade, but it's still litter.

Trash is ok as long as there is a tradition.I heart garbage!***

Jan 25, 2011, 9:17 AM

will the 5th graders also try to outlaw shopping bags

Jan 25, 2011, 8:43 AM

I this stinks of a teacher using kids to push their own agenda

Jan 25, 2011, 8:50 AM

Sounds more like an activist teacher using her fifth grade class to make a political point.

One of my rules in life when it comes to kids, "they're never too young to learn about disappointment.." Hopefully this will ring true in this instance.

Jan 25, 2011, 8:54 AM

Sounds more like an activist teacher using her fifth grade class to make a political point.

One of my rules in life when it comes to kids, "they're never too young to learn about disappointment.." Hopefully this will ring true in this instance.

The Dept. of Natural Resources guy said he sees more plastic

Jan 25, 2011, 8:59 AM

bags. Sounds like the kids need to be promoting the banning of those.

Jan 25, 2011, 9:07 AM

The clemson balloons are biodegradable, so this will in no way affect us. I also here rumors of balloons this year for baseball games

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2011, 9:13 AM

There is actually a Balloon council...frickin really, we ought to just start piling up money and burning it.

Jan 25, 2011, 10:07 AM

The articles states that researchers say without the strings they are fine or at least better. I seriously doubt that Clemson's balloon release affect a sea turtle on the coast. People need to figure out that nature will take care of itself 90% of any animal that has ever walked crawled or swam in or on this planet or extinct and one day we will be too. I'm sure the people of Pompey were really worried about this stuff too until they were "frozen in time" by ash from a volcano.

Jan 25, 2011, 11:20 AM

Geez - I hope those 5th graders don't see me railin' thru some tight mountain curves on my VFR800. They would definitely say that I'm endangering wildlife. HAHAHA. But - I might be smarter than a 5th grader. LOL

I hope those kids get daily wedgies when they get to

Jan 25, 2011, 11:28 AM

middle school.

I'm going to call every single one of those children

Jan 25, 2011, 1:54 PM

And tell them Santa Claus isn't real. BOOM. STILL WANT TO TALK ABOUT BALLOONS LIL KIDS?! AND YOUR MOMMAS A HOOKER!

Haha, funny.***

Jan 25, 2011, 2:13 PM

I loved the balloons as a kid***

Jan 25, 2011, 2:51 PM

Jan 25, 2011, 4:27 PM

good to know that fifth graders have the authority to persuade our government to do things.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic