Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pagan shocks coach with Bama visit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Jan 24, 2011, 4:03 PM

Asheville High head coach Danny Wilkins told TigerNet on Monday afternoon that he was surprised that defensive end Jeoffrey Pagan opted to take an official visit to the University of Alabama. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Claimed he wanted to stay close to home.

Jan 24, 2011, 4:09 PM

I feel like UGA is still our biggest competition right now. I have a bad feeling about this. Hope Im wrong. We need him

We Need PAGAN!!!!!!

Jan 25, 2011, 9:37 AM

I sure he's a Clemson Tiger!

Not good if his closest relationships do not know what he is

Jan 24, 2011, 4:11 PM

thinking. This guy is not a sure thing by any means.

Re: Not good if his closest relationships do not know what he is

Jan 24, 2011, 8:58 PM

His closest relations should keep his confidence if that is his wish.....if you can disagree with that...remind me that I don;t want you as a close friend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Pagan shocks coach with Bama visit

Jan 24, 2011, 4:13 PM

He is a kid,,, nuff said,, they all are. 18 year old children i hate it comes down to this kind of stuff for College football fans but we are being played by children.... they havent ever had anything and they are getting all kinds of jerseys and food and staying with the stars of the teams.. how can they not go visit...

Jan 24, 2011, 8:39 PM

By not commiting to every school they visit....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2011, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Pagan shocks coach with Bama visit ]

An 18 year old is not a child. By law, they are an adult, might be the youngest adult possible, but still an adult. A child is a 12 year old, but I guess it's a matter of opinion. You could call them a kid, but they are not a child, IMO.

This is what wiki says a commitment is: A promise is a commitment by someone to do or not do something.

I just don't like it when someone commits to us, and then a few days later boom, they are visiting somewhere else. Do not commit unless you are 110% sure this is the place for you, 80% does not cut it. And I do think back to when I was a senior in high school, and I remember a couple of promises (Although not sports related) I made back then, which I kept because I felt it was the right thing to do after giving my word.

Bad feeling about this...,***

Jan 24, 2011, 4:14 PM

Too many pretty girls to choose from?

Jan 24, 2011, 4:16 PM

Hope Clemson decides to close her legs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Splain this to me...

Jan 24, 2011, 4:16 PM

"The 4-star end is rated the fourth-best at his position in the nation and the 42nd-best player overall".

Why is he not a 5* if he is the 4th best DE in the whole country?

Stupid recruiting services.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

5* if he decides on Bama ;)***

Jan 24, 2011, 4:21 PM

Re: Splain this to me...

Jan 24, 2011, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Splain this to me... ]

There is none.California has one five star on one major recruiting service.One.Is it surprising most are from the South?Follow the money.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Creating a Little Suspense, Playing the Game

Jan 24, 2011, 4:18 PM

for his Press Conference. He will stick with Clemson committment. Mark it down.

No way you can know what he will do if his coach does not

Jan 24, 2011, 4:20 PM

even know.

Re: No way you can know what he will do if his coach does not

Jan 24, 2011, 4:22 PM

lol, what a moron. just because the coach says something means it is the gospel huh. you havent a clue what the coach knows

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No way you can know what he will do if his coach does not

Jan 24, 2011, 4:59 PM [ in reply to No way you can know what he will do if his coach does not ]

Just a guess, but I'll bet his coach knows, and I believe, in the long run, he'll be a Clemson Tiger. If he doesn't choose us, check his garage next year. If an Escalade is in it, we might have an explanation as to whyhe switched his commitment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Creating a Little Suspense, Playing the Game

Jan 24, 2011, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Creating a Little Suspense, Playing the Game ]

Think you are right.A few kids have played themselves right into offers from much smaller schools.Sometimes the game bites you right in the butt.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know they are 17 or 18

Jan 24, 2011, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Creating a Little Suspense, Playing the Game ]

But even at that age (You can pretty much go to war and die, right?), you need to be mature enough to not make a commitment if you are not ready. I don't know, if I said I was going to do something I was taught to stand by my word, but I do realize everyone is raised differently. I really wish we could get a lot of life long Tiger fans as players, guys that dreamed of playing for us one day, but apparently there just aren't many out there. I had a couple of buddies that I played baseball with that would have given anything to play for Clemson, but they ended up playing for PC or Furman....just not quite good enough.

If you have intentions of visiting other places, for gosh sakes do not say you are coming here. And I don't buy the "why not get a free trip" argument. I do not care what anyone says, if you are visiting other places, you have doubts, period.

If I was shopping for a new car, and made my mind up on a Lexus, why would I then go test drive a Mercedes? Because I can? For the fun of it?

Well Said Man In Orange - Pagan Stays in Orange

Jan 24, 2011, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Creating a Little Suspense, Playing the Game ]

Coach Saban is a man that 18 yr olds respect and he should be. Pagan, an 18 yr old recruit, shows up in Tide Town for one last party and buffet. Of course he plays the game and tells Coach Saban he will consider the Tide. Price of admission. Very understandable. Pagan can make it up to us by showing up on Signing Day with his buddy Stephone Anthony.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once he gets there and sees their slush fund offer, he'll

stay...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Yeah... that's what I'm afraid of***

Jan 24, 2011, 4:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

I Don't Know for Sure, but

I've followed recruiting long enough and just have an inkling.

Sounds like Dabo needs to hit..

Jan 24, 2011, 4:27 PM

up the ATM before visiting some of these recruits to atleast match some of these other schools. Pony up Dabo.

I didn't see a wink wink... I hope you are joking.***

Jan 24, 2011, 4:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Why? Nothing wrong with a little cheating.***

Jan 24, 2011, 8:59 PM

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Okay, take off the Tiger clothing and reveal which SEC

Jan 25, 2011, 8:40 AM

school to which you pledge your allegiance!

Re: Bama following in Auburns footsteps

Jan 24, 2011, 4:38 PM

He says nothing knows nothing. nobody around him knows anything but how about Dad? Sudden turns like this get a fishy smell. Hope Dabo can get to the bottomof the deal because Ala is a lot different than SC and NC.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Jan 24, 2011, 5:28 PM

I thought Dabo said, no more visits after committing 9 Pagan)? Isn't that what got Lane into hot water?

Jan 24, 2011, 5:33 PM

Dabo didn't say no more visits he just advises against visiting after committing. When a recruit skips Clemson's big recruiting weekend to go to Knoxville then Dabo has a problem with it. That is what is believed to have gotten Lane in trouble although no one really knows.

null

Well, thanks for at least visiting***

Jan 24, 2011, 6:32 PM

Thing about pretty girls

Jan 24, 2011, 8:57 PM

They'l go to the dance without you....if you toy with them too much

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Pagan to Stay in Orange

Jan 24, 2011, 11:17 PM

Coach Saban is a man that 18 yr olds respect and he should be. Pagan, an 18 yr old recruit, shows up in Tide Town for one last party and buffet. Of course he plays the game and tells Coach Saban he is considering the Tide. Price of admission. Very understandable. Pagan can make it up to us by showing up on Signing Day with his buddy Stephone Anthony.

Dabo cannot Afford to lose Recruits..

Jan 25, 2011, 8:07 AM

That is considered his strongest asset. If he cannot lock down A guy that a solid lock to a school that has 2 D-Linemen that are top NFL draft picks in the last 5 years, then that is a concern...

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Money talks. I hear 180K is the going rate for SEC recruits.***

Jan 25, 2011, 4:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic