Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson announces $50 million plan to continue athletic facility improvements
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Jan 14, 2011, 11:44 AM

The master plan includes enhancements to facilities for football, baseball, basketball, soccer, tennis and golf. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why didn't they show anything about the additional

Jan 14, 2011, 11:53 AM

West AZone enhancements? Did they forget and leave the placards at the office? Didn't even show those and only mention on West Zone was of what they have already done.

As a Citadel ####, why would you care?*******

Jan 14, 2011, 11:57 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As a Citadel ####, why would you care?*******

Jan 14, 2011, 4:30 PM

that is another guy using CitadelCock, this guy is complete Tiger

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really wish that while they are at it, they would....

Jan 14, 2011, 11:54 AM

move the baseball scoreboard so that those sitting in the upper corner of the new Chapman Grandstands aren't looking at the back of it. If you sit there, you can't see anything that occurs in right center to right field.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet they put another one on the first base line***

Jan 14, 2011, 2:10 PM

2 extra indoor courts are needed

Jan 14, 2011, 11:56 AM

I hope they fix the veiwing for indoor because the way it is now, viewing a match indoors is not very good

I thought we were exiting tennis

Jan 14, 2011, 12:05 PM

after Michigan Hired Brady Hoke Sloan this week. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 extra indoor courts are needed

Jan 14, 2011, 8:46 PM [ in reply to 2 extra indoor courts are needed ]

I have never been to a CU tennis match or a soccer match. Glad they are making that bridge. Walking down that sidewalk is a nightmare.

Your drunk...the people walking the other way drunk.....trying to walk on a sidewalk that is made for one person. 80,000 people coming to town and we are funneled into a human game of frogger

Re: Clemson announces $50 million plan to continue athletic facility improvements

Jan 14, 2011, 12:08 PM

Once they finish the west-end zone.. I wonder if they will ever do anything to the East

To cement his legacy

Jan 14, 2011, 12:19 PM

TDP wil propose eliminating "the hill" and replace it with a women's golf practice green

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Hill

Jan 14, 2011, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson announces $50 million plan to continue athletic facility improvements ]

I hope and trust that President Barker and the Board realize the Hill is an important part o the beauty and legacy of Death Valley and should not be changed.

when are they supposed to start on the new student union

Jan 14, 2011, 12:19 PM

near the old Johnstone A? Weren't plans released several years ago?

Wow!!!! What is the cost going to be to turn the water

Jan 14, 2011, 12:20 PM

in the moat blue as shown in one of the indoor football pictures? I didn't see that announced.

"Your Name" must have alot of $$$$!***

Jan 14, 2011, 12:27 PM

Was hoping for a Pergola but hey an Oculus will do!! :)***

Jan 14, 2011, 12:32 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Your Name" must have alot of $$$$!***

Jan 14, 2011, 12:35 PM [ in reply to "Your Name" must have alot of $$$$!*** ]

A lot less if it's up there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what year will this be done?***

Jan 14, 2011, 12:36 PM

Maybe its just me...

Jan 14, 2011, 1:00 PM

but I really don't see how we can drop 50 mil on athletics and at the same time become a top 20 university while being in a recession.

Re: Maybe its just me...

Jan 14, 2011, 1:06 PM

Because that money belongs to the athletic department, not the university. Article states that the developments are funded by private contributions and football revenues.

Re: Maybe its just me...

Jan 14, 2011, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Maybe its just me... ]

It is just you if you don't go to any of the athletic events, give to IPTAY, or suports Clemson athletics in some kind of a financial means.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember the "rainy day fund" that the former

Jan 14, 2011, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Maybe its just me... ]

Executive Secretary of the Board of Trustees brought up before he was fired. Well, there you go! Read this if you want to know more:

http://www.academia.org/clemson-lawsuit/

Re: Remember the "rainy day fund" that the former

Jan 14, 2011, 9:43 PM

That article was written by an intern...got any links to a real reporter, or even a respected writer?

Either one of these work for you?

Jan 15, 2011, 12:10 PM

http://www.independentmail.com/news/2010/nov/09/troutman-booked-felony-larceny-computer-charges/

http://wap.greenvilleonline.com/news.jsp?key=414897&rc=bu

This situation is not painting a good picture for Clemson or Troutman. At the very least, it is bad PR for the university. I have a hard time believing there is not some truth to what he is saying.

I missed the plans for the new 50 meter pool, oh that's

Jan 14, 2011, 1:07 PM

right, TDP is destroying that sport at Clemson (their team GPA is too high). Save the swimming team, run TDP off.......back to his backwoods relative in Arkansas.

Further evidence that TDP is not committed...

Jan 14, 2011, 1:16 PM

to supporting Clemson athletics. <---- somehow someone will spin it that way. Too many people have committed themselves to that argument. Once they cross that line they have to 1. consider that they were wrong (unlikely) 2. Spin everything to fit their preclusion. (likely) 3. Or change their username after we win an orange bowl.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson announces $50 million plan to continue athletic facility improvements

Jan 14, 2011, 1:19 PM

If they spent a Trillion dollars on upgrades, less than half would be Satisfied. Like or not in sports, Clemson is a football school. Football pulls in the most of the sporting event revenue. Out of the 50 million, football getting 10 mil..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2011, 2:20 PM

Actually, the football program has $25 million of the improvements earmarked for it between the new practice facility and West End Zone completion.

woot! we finally get the Oculus!

Jan 14, 2011, 1:23 PM

:D

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

I would have preferred a pompatus of love.***

Jan 14, 2011, 2:21 PM

Re: I would have preferred a pompatus of love.***

Jan 14, 2011, 2:59 PM

Agree or disagree, you're definitely good for an occasional laugh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The w. endzone looks really... "excessive"?

Jan 14, 2011, 1:25 PM

What do you guys think? Better? Not traditional enough?

hahahahahaha***

Jan 14, 2011, 1:27 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2011, 2:23 PM

Awesome, but the WEZ is excessive, they should redo the north and south entrances to make them look halfway decent instead. A nice fence instead of busted-ass chain link and cracked up asphalt by the south entrance would be a much nicer addition than that giant futuristic-space-tube thing.

I like the way it looks inside the stadium, but this new

Jan 14, 2011, 2:31 PM

projection looks so bizarre. Maybe it would look better with alittle more symmetry. Someone posted something about the east endzone. I kind of like it simpler, with the giant gateway.

Wow, someone has a problem with the eastside gateway?***

Jan 14, 2011, 3:18 PM

What about the Swim Team?

Jan 14, 2011, 2:30 PM

Clemson cut the swim program. They couldn't set some of the 50 million aside to build a 50 meter pool which they said was needed for the swim team. Why don't they get rid of that stupid oculus and build the swim team a 50 meter pool?

Re: What about the Swim Team?

Jan 14, 2011, 2:49 PM

I don't know, maybe because people actually care about football and it generates a ton of money to help cover the costs of most other sports. Just two possible reasons.

good link to learn more about:

Jan 14, 2011, 2:57 PM [ in reply to What about the Swim Team? ]

http://www.saveclemsonswimming.org/FactSheet.pdf

Nothing new at CU hla..it would have taken a new pool to ...

Jan 14, 2011, 6:54 PM [ in reply to What about the Swim Team? ]

save the swim team right? Someone said that would cost 2 million I think? Clemson cut a top 10 perrenial power wrestling program with national champions and all americans which at the time could've been saved for less than $300,000 from the reports I read. A lot more prep kids now out there participating in wrestling in the region than swimmers and divers... and comparatively speaking swimming sounds much more expensive. Just playing devil's advocate. Don't feel like the lone ranger though dude. At least you survived Title 9...at least until now.

You're just upset that the swim team doesn't attract the

Jan 14, 2011, 3:00 PM

ladies like the football team does. Can't blame you there. You should have went out for the chick magnet sport

Jan 14, 2011, 3:26 PM

My support to these upgrades will be equal to TDP's and Barker's support of Clemson Swimming: Zero

Re: Clemson announces $50 million plan to continue athletic

Jan 14, 2011, 8:09 PM

How entitled can one possibly be?

The big three sports bring in the revenue and donations the AD runs off of. Without those, it would be impossible for sports like swimming and diving and women's rowing to exist.

Regardless of the AD's stance on the swim team, swimmers complaining about the investments being made to the football facilities is effectively biting the hand that feeds.

I had sympathy for the swim and diving teams, but after the goldfish whining and childish behavior displayed by its representatives here, that is no longer the case.

Jan 14, 2011, 3:59 PM

For $2million they could have kept the Swimming & Diving teams. That would only mean reducing tennis and soccer by $1million each. The S&D team has been more competitive than both soccer teams and the men's tennis team and they are the best students of any Clemson sport. Tennis and soccer could do a lot to their facilities with "only" $9,200,000.

Jan 14, 2011, 5:06 PM

I sure hope this doent mean we are going to have a bunch of pasty skin, barefooted, jort wearing dudes start showing up at BTF now

Maybe the Oculus can have a 50 meter fountain.***

Jan 14, 2011, 9:09 PM

Oculus FTW***

Jan 14, 2011, 6:54 PM

There's something in these hills.

we could get Nick Saban for less than that ; )***

Jan 15, 2011, 12:20 AM

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic