Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Three Tigers among Top-100 College Prospects for 2011 Major League Draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 2,129

Jan 3, 2011, 3:20 PM

Junior infielders Brad Miller and John Hinson along with junior outfielder/lefthander Will Lamb were all rated among the top-100 college prospects for the 2011 Major League draft by Baseball America on Monday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Three Tigers among Top-100 College Prospects for 2011 Major League Draft

Jan 4, 2011, 1:18 AM

Miller has been on scouts radars since his days with the AAU Team Chet Lemons "Juice"

While his college error % is not fantastic they know his potential, and some scouts have him listed at the top of their board for the SS position. It was no mistake he was on both USA Teams, look at who is on that list and who was on those teams, most of the top 10 were apart of Team USA at one point or another. A good fielding year, % wise, (anybody who watches him play knows he can make any play on the field, but its the routine ones that are the problem) and a hitting year like last will put him in the top 2 rounds easy

Hinson, boy what a pure hitter that kid is. Swing is as fluid as it gets, with so much power out of his wirery frame. I am not sure where he ends up on the field but his bat will warrant him looks in the top end of the draft. He is not an exceptional fielder, with an average arm, but the kid is a flat out baseball player with plus speed and a plus bat. There is a place for him somewhere.

Lamb: What will Lamb end up being? Whatever it is it will probably differ from his role in College. Lamb has been the ultimate utility player in his first two years at Clemson. 1st base, OF(RF,CF,LF), reliever, starter. Plus speed, plus arm, plus glove, good bat, good head on his shoulders. This year I think he ends up in the outfield (starting CF, or he is under utilized) and I could see him in a closer, late ending role, similar to what Cal did with Ramirez who played first base and came into close, or what FSU did with McGee bringing him in from the outfield to close. *MOSTLY* a Mid 90's lefty most scouts see him ending up on the mound, rather then at the plate.

Some people might see a glaring weakness on this list and that is Jeff Schaus and I am a *little* intrigued as to why he isnt on this list. He has produced at the plate for 3 years with good power and contact numbers. His SO to BB ratio is good, and I dont think it is the hitting keeping him off this list. Where does he go in the field? Can he cover enough ground in the OF? He doesnt project anywhere in the infield and that makes him a utility hitter with a small niche. He could play some back up outfield for a club. I think for his final year at Clemson he will end up in LF, though I would rather see him in right.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 2,129
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic