Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Two quarterbacks - different directions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Dec 22, 2010, 12:32 PM

When the Clemson Tigers take to the Bank of America Stadium turf, it will be with the expectation that both quarterbacks are going to see playing time. And for a while, it will be one direction and one goal.
Following the game, it will be diverging directions.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Those boards are not the voice for the majority of.....

Dec 22, 2010, 12:44 PM

“Those boards are not the voice for the majority of Clemson fans,” Parker said.

LOL. I guess he wasn't outside Death Valley after losing to USC. Or heck, I guess he wasn't outside after turning over the ball eleventy times against Miami either.

Sorry your importance was just crushed*****

Dec 22, 2010, 12:53 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but Shannon was in Miami

Dec 22, 2010, 1:20 PM [ in reply to “Those boards are not the voice for the majority of..... ]

And watched a 3rd and 11 bullet turn into Orange in the End Zone...Were you there for that?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2009 Parker =/= 2010 Parker***

Dec 22, 2010, 1:30 PM

Parker would have ran out of bounds if he had been in that

Dec 22, 2010, 6:56 PM [ in reply to No, but Shannon was in Miami ]

position this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Actually he was outside the stadium for the USC game.

Dec 22, 2010, 1:58 PM [ in reply to “Those boards are not the voice for the majority of..... ]

In fact, he beat the rest of the team out of the stadium.

He probably wasn't wasting his time reading your posts.

Dec 22, 2010, 4:19 PM [ in reply to “Those boards are not the voice for the majority of..... ]

nm

Re: “Those boards are not the voice for the majority of.....

Dec 23, 2010, 1:51 PM [ in reply to “Those boards are not the voice for the majority of..... ]

How many snaps have youo taken as a quarterback? Parker is a young kid and I believe he has given tremendous effort and accomplished many great things for Clemson football and baseball. Why do we pick on these guys that are doing their best for Clemson. Again, we were very close to being 10-2 or 9-3 at worst this year. Get off this guy's back and thank him for all the good he has done. And realize that youo couldn't make one positive play as a quarterback at Clemson. I played the position and I know how hard it is.

Re: “Those boards are not the voice for the majority of.....

Dec 23, 2010, 2:03 PM

Horse shoes and handgranades are two things that getting close really matters. Most anything else thats close is just that, CLOSE !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two quarterbacks - different directions

Dec 22, 2010, 1:28 PM

Thanks Kyle for all that you have done for this team and for the fans and good luck in your baseball career. With that said... Let the Tajh Boyd era begin.

Me, me, me, me. Everyone I talk to loves me.

Dec 22, 2010, 1:29 PM

I'm sure he surrounds himself with a broad sampling of the majority of Clemson fans and is open to criticism. Watch his interviews, he knows he's talking out of his ###.

If message boards are so wrong, I guess Bowers isn't well respected, neither is McD, Nuke, Ellington or Zimmerman.

I hope our brain trust doesn't take too much of the 50 and 80 yard tendency out of Boyd. Seems like this offense lives on a check down philosophy. After Rob Spence, flat passing is our bread and butter. Go ahead and load the box, bring the safeties down, if we run, jam the lanes, if we pass (shotgun), cover the flats, result: 86th in scoring offense. Great for completion percentage and you'll win games with Jacoby Ford and CJ... Time for a real offense, where there's no need to blame new receivers or a new QB (next year)

I hope we start the car bowl like we did against the coots, and after the first drive ending in a TD, we only see #10.

Win games? Shoot, if we win the bowl we only won one less..

Dec 22, 2010, 4:21 PM

than last year.... Your argument is flawed.

LOL, it seems in tact to me...

Dec 22, 2010, 9:01 PM

We were 28th in scoring offense in 2009. Defense was night and day. 25th in 2009 and 9th this year. If your defense gets better and you lose one MORE game, seems like your offense got worse.

Your logic is based on something that didn't happen. Try reality for a change, our offense SUCKED this year, Parker and coaching...

Obv our offense sucked, on that I don't disagree but

Dec 23, 2010, 11:12 PM

our record last year was 9 and 5 and our record after the bowl SHOULD be 7 and 6. Yeah our offense sucked, but if we had a kicker we would probably have the same record with the same crappy offense. That was my point.

Re: Me, me, me, me. Everyone I talk to loves me.

Dec 22, 2010, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Me, me, me, me. Everyone I talk to loves me. ]

Your a sad little man.. last year u loved Parker,, i bet u arent married.. do u quit on her too..lol

Of course I don;t quit on my girl

Dec 22, 2010, 10:40 PM

Of course she cooks for me and gives me...well you know. So she is allowed to be a brat...kp...eh not so much

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Clearly Kyle has not heard of Encouragement Fridays in the

Dec 22, 2010, 1:45 PM

Lunge.

I like this quote...

Dec 22, 2010, 2:00 PM

"... and the minute – the minute –this thing is mine, we are going to work."

I for one think they did a lot of working over the summer, and maybe that caused a bit of a rift when Parker came back and was handed the reins. Oh well, finish strong and thanks for your effort Parker. Good luck to you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two quarterbacks - different directions...

Dec 22, 2010, 4:56 PM

One runs forward. One rolls right.

Lets see...

Dec 22, 2010, 6:50 PM

Give parker the first half....
Then let the Boyd era begin for CU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WNCTiger11

I say we give Parker signal calling duty.***

Dec 22, 2010, 7:06 PM

Why is Parker playing in this game much less starting?

Dec 22, 2010, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Lets see... ]

Our season is officially shot at this point. Let's prepare for the future and get a jump start on 2011. Go Tigers! Start and play Boyd - Parker has had his time and will be gone next year.

Re: Why is Parker playing in this game much less starting?

Dec 23, 2010, 1:55 PM

I disagree. Parker deserves to start and does give us the best chance to win this game. Boyd is going to be really good I believe but you could tell from his snaps this year that he's not at PArker's level yet. To me, it's about winning this bowl game to give us momemtun going into recruiting and next year.

Next year we will make the field goals and other plays and have a better season. I believe that. Time will tell. But I am behind these players and coaches. Go Tigers!

So why don't we let Boyd have HIS team one game earlier?

Dec 22, 2010, 7:06 PM

Name one advantage of Parker starting and playing this game?

Re: So why don't we let Boyd have HIS team one game earlier?

Dec 22, 2010, 9:31 PM

Ok...guys I hope Boyd is great too someday but Parker is starting because he is the best quarterback on the team..I know the emotions and all have everyone sick of Kyle, and so be it...but Boyd has a long way to go...the playbook is severely limited with him right now...if he plays the second half and Clemson loses by three and boyd throws three picks, all of you will blast Dabo for not playing Parker...I know it and you know it

Explain this playbook you speak of...***

Dec 22, 2010, 9:40 PM

Re: Explain this playbook you speak of...***

Dec 22, 2010, 9:42 PM

Well roadracer, so u can understand, its kind of like a map that you have to know how to read in order to get where you want to go....Boyd simply cannot read the map as well right now...he has the physical tools, no doubt, but he freelances more than he knows how to read coverages...as a player told me in November, Tahj has great skills but he lacks a little in the decision-making department...that gets better as you LEARN the plays

What's your understanding of our playbook?

Dec 22, 2010, 9:47 PM

I doubt he doesn't know the plays. It's not the first year he's EVER played football... It's more of a coverage reading issue, but how much better has KPs decision making been this year?

My point is when Boyd has been in, we have been running the same offense. There's not much to dumb down, aka our offensive philosophy is not very complex.

All in 4ever, I think that says it all right there, go ahead and follow Dabo and Billy to their next job, God forbid you are honest about what is wrong with our football program!

Re: What's your understanding of our playbook?

Dec 23, 2010, 1:16 AM

I hate to explain this again but as I have said before, my handle refers to being ALL IN for everything CLEMSON, ALL SPORTS, ALL THE TIME! Has nothing do to with Dabo, but when he coined it, I liked it...I've also stated that if the Tigers don't show improvement, we will have a new coach in 2012 and of course we will be starting all over again....then in 2014 when the new coach has won only eight games, you and everyone else will be calling for a coaching change because that's all you can do, since you have no working knowledge of college athletics or football....If you don't like what's going on, feel free to jump on a different bandwagon dude! As for the playbook and Boyd, just relaying what I was told...reading coverage is one thing but knowing what to do and how to react when you see something different is another...that's where he struggles a little...trust me, I hope he has a huge year next year because we have nothing else...McNeal will need at least a year but I personally think he will be better than boyd in two years...

what the #### do we have to lose?!?

Dec 23, 2010, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: So why don't we let Boyd have HIS team one game earlier? ]

The bowl game? Who gives a $hit about this pi$$ sorry bowl game!?! It's a crumb of a game handed to teams that have NOT performed!! Play next year's players and get something out of it other than Dabo a bigger check!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: what the #### do we have to lose?!?

Dec 23, 2010, 11:58 AM

If you dont want Clemson to win EVERY game it plays, then you aint much of a Clemson fan.
A school's record in bowl games is a major issue, regardless of what bowl is involved.
Parker will play well in this game. Real Clemson fans will support him.

Re: what the #### do we have to lose?!?

Dec 23, 2010, 2:32 PM

Why is it that, the difference of someone elses opinion determands how much of a real Clemson fan we are.

Re: So why don't we let Boyd have HIS team one game earlier?

Dec 23, 2010, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: So why don't we let Boyd have HIS team one game earlier? ]

Its kinda like one of those damed if you do, and damed if you don't kinda things, ain't it....

Dec 22, 2010, 7:31 PM

I like and admire Parker, but am I the only one who thinks that he has a chronic case of "I" itis? "I" don't want to...... "I" want to........"I", "I", "I". Where is the we, us, team, others, share, etc? It really is pretty blatant, and has been for some time. I wish him all the success in the world, but the team will be better off when he is gone.

I agree, see above ^^^ point.***

Dec 22, 2010, 9:03 PM

Dec 24, 2010, 3:39 PM

"And the minute – the minute –this thing is mine, we are going to work.”
--Tajh Boyd

Prove it.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1