Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CU Ticket Sales vs. Scar Ticket Sales
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

CU Ticket Sales vs. Scar Ticket Sales

Aug 14, 2010, 1:20 PM

So, we're in "the boonies", they're in the state capitol, we're in a "basketball conference", they're in the SEC!!!!, they have close to twice the alumni that we do (easy to get in, easy to graduate out), they're in the center of the state, we're up near the mountains, they're expecting their best team in decades, but, we still sell 7000 more season tickets than them? Tells you a lot about Clemson folks vs. Scar folks....how we love our alma mater or don't etc. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to go to Columbia if I could avoid it either.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is really interesting is that the demand for their tix

Aug 14, 2010, 1:40 PM

on the secondary market is greater than ours. They get face routinely more often than we do, mainly due to those who bypass season tix and depend on those who choose not to attend games versus lesser opponents, letting the tix go for next to nothing.

Re: What is really interesting is that the demand for their tix

Aug 14, 2010, 2:07 PM

To be fair USuC screwed their season ticket holders with the seat tax, etc. Does not really make sense to pay what they are asking given the number of games on TV. Not like they have a nice place to tailgate...

I find that odd

Aug 14, 2010, 3:22 PM

The only interesting teams coming to Death Valley this year are Miami, GT, and SCAR.

I am an IPTAY member, but I never order season tix, because normally all that go to games with me are old college buddies that I meet up with, or other people who aren't diehard Clemson, but just love the atmosphere at Clemson on gameday.

Normally me, and whoever goes with me, just look for single tickets, because you can bargain on a single ticket. I have paid as little as Five bucks before for a ticket. Just the big games, like the ones I mentioned above, are the ones I have to pay face, or sometimes 10 or 15 over face for, particularly South Carolina. If we get tickets on opposite sides of the stadium, we normally sit in our assigned seats for about the first ten minutes of the first quarter, get a stamp out, and then meet up and find seats together. I do not think we have ever had a single ticket person at the gate ask to see our ticket stubs, we just show our stamps and they say "OK," and we just keep on walking and find a couple of empty seats.

Having said that, the only stadium where I have had a very hard time even finding a single ticket is Williams Brice. There have been instances, where, since they have those ramps you can stand on, that we just hand the ticket person a 20 dollar bill, give them a wink, and keep on walking. I think we have done that three times before, and it's never failed. The only year where I did not attempt to do that, was in 2001, and I seriously thought me, and the girlfriend I had at the time, were not getting in the game. I did not attempt it that year because this was just after 9/11, and you had security watching people like hawks. It got to within five minutes before the game, and we were about to give up, then we all of a sudden we ran into a Gamecock guy and his girlfriend we knew. He told us to "wait right here, give me a couple of minutes," and he came back with a couple of tickets. They were in the middle of the home side of Billy Brice, but we were willing to take anything at that point.

Whenever I go to Billy Brice without tickets, I always hide any orange that I am wearing. Clemson fans that go down there decked out in orange are foolish if they think a Gamecock is going to sell them tickets. I have seen it numerous times, and seen Clemson fans get cursed at for asking a Gamecock if they had any extra tickets. But anyway, in my experiences, it's always been much tougher to get into Billy B than Death Valley, and yes, I have gone to plenty of Clemson/SCAR games at the Valley without tix, and still had no problems.

Link??? Thanks.

Aug 14, 2010, 4:09 PM

And I did look for it via google and state newspaper

Re: Link??? Thanks.

Aug 14, 2010, 6:52 PM

Bart Wright article, Greenville News, Aug. 13. Says Scar has sold 45,742 season tickets, Clemson 52,000...so I guess it;s closer to 6000. "D'Andrea said, in talks with officials from other schools, that Clemson has sold about 10,000 more than any other ACC school. We're right around 52,000 and I think Va. Tech is at about 42,000 he said, but it's a struggle everywhere."

I would think in a city the size of Columbia that local general sports fans and corporate use would have them ahead of us, just not the case.

I read earlier this summer on warchant.com that FSU sells

Aug 14, 2010, 9:10 PM

less than 35000 season tickets each year. That number surprised me.

Re: I read earlier this summer on warchant.com that FSU sell

Aug 14, 2010, 10:10 PM

Not surprising ....FSU fans remind me of Braves fans. They are only interested if they finish first.

Clemson and VT are very similar type fan bases who will show up every season.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic