Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it just me or does the fact that CBB is "comfortable"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

Is it just me or does the fact that CBB is "comfortable"

Mar 14, 2017, 12:21 PM

really irk you?

He shouldn't be comfortable in the least.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Is it just me or does the fact that CBB is "comfortable"

Mar 14, 2017, 12:22 PM

Maybe he had a nice pair of shoes on or was in a comfy chair and didnt understand the question.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

someone should ask him if he would use "comfortable"

Mar 14, 2017, 12:23 PM

to describe the program if he had been told, after being hired, that 7 years in he would have 1 NCAAT berth, and we'd be on year 6 with zero..

would "comfortable" be the word he would use? I think not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: someone should ask him if he would use "comfortable"

Mar 14, 2017, 7:17 PM

This troll, I mean man - gets it

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Mar 14, 2017, 12:24 PM

It does. What irks me more is his arrogance toward the fans about his overall program. He is delusional if he believes his own spin. The bad thing is Drad is buying that crap.

What irks me the most are new posters with a 40% pulse***

Mar 14, 2017, 4:38 PM

Re: What irks me the most are new posters with a 40% pulse***

Mar 14, 2017, 7:20 PM

Well join TNet and gain your TD status, then you can help lower him to the depths of TNet, and thus back to his home @ FGF

Message was edited by: gville76®

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Says more about our AD and commitment to basketball***

Mar 14, 2017, 12:26 PM

Is the AD comfortable with his answer.***

Mar 14, 2017, 12:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

was that a question?***

Mar 14, 2017, 12:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I have no idea what I'm doing.***

Mar 14, 2017, 12:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

join the club

Mar 14, 2017, 12:36 PM

apparently, our hoops program doesn't either

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I'm comfortable with that.***

Mar 14, 2017, 12:38 PM

Re: Is the AD comfortable with his answer.***

Mar 14, 2017, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Is the AD comfortable with his answer.*** ]

must be!! he is still there and laughing all the way to the bank with our $1.75mil

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is the AD comfortable with his answer.***

Mar 14, 2017, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Is the AD comfortable with his answer.*** ]

I hope not.

Mar 14, 2017, 12:30 PM

He must have some dirt on Drad

For those interested. This is the article from the end of

Mar 14, 2017, 12:38 PM

last season.

http://www.tigernet.com/story/basketball/Brownell-concerned-job-status-concerned-job-hand-14676

There's some wording in his quotes then that irk me as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Re: For those interested. This is the article from the end of

Mar 14, 2017, 3:01 PM

He's always came off to me as this arrogant "I'm from Indiana and know more basketball than you" type guy. Surprised folks haven't saw it earlier.

Mar 14, 2017, 1:29 PM

wellhe should be. He makes a nice living. Seriously yeah it does bug me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2017, 1:41 PM

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!! if he is then our BB team is as good as the admin wants it 2 be!!no NCAA for another 10 years while the c$$ts leave us in the dirt in another sport!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2017, 2:10 PM

It does, and it seems that an assurance has been given him that mediocrity is OK with Clemson basketball. I believe our administration has completely yielded basketball to Tobaco Road, and they are comfortable with it. Then again, they don't really have much of a choice with the way Dan Radakovich sit back and allowed Brownell's last contract to be written up. Brad's last contract was for $1.55 million next season and escalates to $2 million by the end of the deal. If dear ole Dan was to fire Brad as soon as the NIT tournament was over, Clemson would owe Brad $3.9 mil on his contract. Now speaking in the terms of what Clemson basketball has been for years and years, it isn't worth giving Brownell $3.9 mil to go away and hire another mid major coach that won't do any better "at Clemson" playing in the ACC. IMO, until Clemson is ready to take the plunge for future Clemson BB and go for the best proven HC that we can pay to jump start Clemson to being a serious Basketball program. IMO it's a waste of money going in the same O same O direction that we have been going for years and years that has gotten us no where better than the bottom of the ACC.

Old news, but Brownell's buy out was ridiculous, especially when it was basically one player as in KJ that made for the couple of decent seasons that Brownell had.

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2014/6/2/5750722/brad-brownell-contract-extension-my-extended-thoughts

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2017, 2:16 PM

What was Drad on when he negotiated that deal?

Mar 14, 2017, 2:55 PM

Probably same stuff that you were on when you tried to blame last season on Blossomgame.

Mar 14, 2017, 2:21 PM

just wondering, what was he to say. he already said the year did not go like he wanted and they were very disappointed. and he and drad would be talking. you want him to say "what do you want me to say ron". lol

Mar 14, 2017, 2:47 PM

I would have expected Brownell to be a little contrite about the past season. He is developing Leggett arrogance. Brownell is not stupid. He has to know that the fans are not happy with only one NCAA berth in seven years. Dabo made big changes in 2010 and the rest is history. How can the basketball program grow when the head coach is blind to the problems? How can it grow when the ad does nothing?

Mar 14, 2017, 2:50 PM

uh i wasnt asking you parrot.

My point is he shouldn't be "comfortable" in a role where he

Mar 14, 2017, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it just me or does the fact that CBB is "comfortable" ]

didn't meet his own expectations.

It also sends the wrong message to fans/boosters IMO. He has sounded very conceited/nonchalant at the end of the last 2 seasons when expectations weren't met and he's got a fan base clamoring for more.

You step up and take it on the chin. Take the blame, let folks know you aren't happy about it either, and that you have a plan and are working to remediate it.

You don't say that you're "comfortable"

Mar 14, 2017, 2:51 PM

Drain the John!!!

Grates on me to no end. NOTHING about CBB should be comfy***

Mar 14, 2017, 2:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Grates on me to no end. NOTHING about CBB should be comfy***

Mar 14, 2017, 3:01 PM

This is going to make you mad. Brownells current contract ends in three years. Every coach needs 4 years to recruit with. No extension means rival coaches will use his job insecurity as leverage. Adding only one year or two will still leave questions in recruits minds. There is no way that Drad can justify another long term extension based on Brownells job performance. What does Drad do?

Mar 14, 2017, 3:05 PM

do you have these posts on some sort of bookmark that reloads every 5 to 10 minutes. surely you dont retype this tripe every time you post it.

Mar 14, 2017, 3:06 PM

I have the right to my opinion.

Mar 14, 2017, 3:07 PM

yep and everyone has heard it thousands of times.

Mar 14, 2017, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Grates on me to no end. NOTHING about CBB should be comfy*** ]

You are correct we are just sick of reading it over and over and over again coachmac.

350 posts in a week.

Make me mad ????? Not hardly. The answer is easy to your

Mar 14, 2017, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Grates on me to no end. NOTHING about CBB should be comfy*** ]

question.

Let him go and start over & be willing to pay upwards of 1.5X what we are currently paying CBB - and get serious about winning basketball games !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

It irks me that people latch on to his use of comfortable.

Mar 14, 2017, 3:49 PM

And completely disregard the fact that he said that he is working his tail off with the goal of winning more games and making NCAA Tournaments.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

And it irks me that you are OK with him being "comfortable"

Mar 14, 2017, 4:05 PM

about retaining his job.

Why should you be comfortable in your job if you aren't even meeting your own goals/expectations?

Lord forbid someone take what he said, in context, and have issue with it......

He hasn't even met with DRad yet.

Mar 14, 2017, 5:11 PM

You make it sound like Brownell met with DRad and was told that he's doing a great job and doesn't need to do anything differently. That is not the case.

Do you really think that Brownell is satisfied with his performance or the team's performance?

Do you really think DRad will tell Brownell that he's doing a perfect job and won't have things for him to improve upon?

I took the use of "comfortable" to mean that Brownell expects to be our coach next year. Nothing more.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

deer lowered...link to where I said/insinuated any of that?

Mar 14, 2017, 6:45 PM

As I've said, he shouldn't feel comfortable....not sure why that's so hard for you to grasp....

I'll say it again...maybe you'll be able to comprehend it this time.

IMO, He should not feel comfortable about the state of his job given the fact that he hasn't even met his own goals/expectations.

Especially in year 7(6 straight no ncaat) with arguably his best team to date talent wise.

As an IPTAY member that attends games every chance I get, the fact that he verbally feels that way rubs me the wrong way(irks me)....nothing more, nothing less

If I don't meet goals/expectations at my job I wouldn't feel secure in my employment and wouldn't expect to last very long.

Maybe it's a combined issue with drads expectations. I don't know. What I do know is that in year 7, I can say with certainty it hasn't worked out to this point.

Mar 14, 2017, 3:51 PM

If you are comfortable losing you have no place at Clemson!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2017, 3:55 PM

Agreed!

Mar 14, 2017, 4:02 PM

He doesn't care if they fire him I'm

sure he wants to succeed.
But he is not worried about being fired , getting fired this or next season means he is set for life.
With what I have saved and get 3.5 mill I would never work again

Mar 14, 2017, 4:06 PM

He doesn't care if we get better.

Mar 14, 2017, 4:07 PM

That is just dumb

Mar 14, 2017, 4:19 PM

No it's not. Changes have to be made if this program is get better. Assuming Brownell stays, recruiting has to change. Hire better recruiters after this season is over. Get into the AAUs and mean business. Take risks in recruiting instead of playing it safe. Dabo was not afraid to make changes in 2010.

Mar 14, 2017, 4:20 PM

It 100% is a dumb statement to say he doesnt care if we get better.

You dont know the man and to say something like that is flat out childish and BS.

You are a joke coachmac.

Mar 14, 2017, 4:23 PM

Any coach who said those things in his press conference and believes them has to be crazy. Can you imagine Dabo saying such things? We just won a national title and he wants another one. You always strive to improve.

Mar 14, 2017, 4:29 PM

You are a sad person Done wasting time on someone like you.

Have a nice day coachmac.

To me it is a spit in the face

Mar 14, 2017, 4:38 PM

How can a coach that 50% of the fan base wants gone be comfortable. Would you be comfortable at work if 50% of your loyal customers wanted you to go...

Doesn't really mean anything. He HAS to say that.***

Mar 14, 2017, 5:10 PM

Re: Doesn't really mean anything. He HAS to say that.***

Mar 14, 2017, 5:16 PM

Saban is a fixture at Alabama. I'm sure his job is very safe. After he lost to us in January,you think Saban would have used the word comfortable in an interview about his job? He is a sore loser and hates to lose. I wish Brownell had that same attitude.

Re: Doesn't really mean anything. He HAS to say that.***

Mar 14, 2017, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Doesn't really mean anything. He HAS to say that.*** ]

I'd rather have heard him say that we will do what is needed to take this program to the top level of the ACC and make the NCAA tournament.

+1 for not calling him Brownlee this time***

Mar 14, 2017, 6:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he sounded very comfy on walts show

Mar 14, 2017, 9:59 PM

On Monday. He thought even he get a couple NIT wins. Lol

Update: I wonder if he's still "comfortable" after

Mar 15, 2017, 11:34 AM

crapping the bed last night?

I asked his contract and it said 'yes.'***

Mar 15, 2017, 11:40 AM

null

Maybe he wears that fancy Buck Naked underwear by Duluth Tra

Mar 15, 2017, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Update: I wonder if he's still "comfortable" after ]

ding

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic