Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Korn's message for rival recruiters. "Don't bother to call"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1494

Korn's message for rival recruiters. "Don't bother to call"

Jan 29, 2006, 7:58 AM

From Greenvilleonline.com article (Link at bottom)

The Tigers have already gotten a jump on next recruiting season with commitments from Byrnes quarterback Willy Korn, projected to be one of the top senior quarterback in the nation, Greenwood wide receiver Xavier Dye and Pickens offsensive lineman Wilson Norris and Daniel defensive tackle Javis Jenkins.

Like Wade, Korn was intent on joining the Tigers from the beginning. Growing up in Anderson, he became a fan of Clemson football and jumped on the Tigers' offer when it came during the summer.

He and Byrnes teammate, senior safety Prince Miller, who committed to Georgia, made their announcements public at a joint press conference at the school.

"What's happening is these guys are basically getting a lot of their recruiting done during their junior year," said Byrnes coach Bobby Bentley. "Through the summer they have these camps. It's pretty much taken off from that."It's less work for me to go ahead and get it done. However, if a kid is not ready to do it, I don't advise them to.

"If it's somewhere they know they're going and it's not going to change then we're definitely going to go ahead commit and get it done. If there is somewhere they want to visit, other schools they want to visit, I tell them they don't need to commit.

"If you're set, don't visit other schools. It's not fair to the coaches."

Committing early has allowed Korn to become a recruiter for the Tigers.

"I wouldn't put it like that," Korn said. "But I've tried to build relationships with players like (junior wide receiver) Mark Barnes at Richland Northeast. I just want to get to know everyone and help out where I can."

Korn also has a message for rival recruiters. Don't bother to call next season.

"They would be wasting their time," said Korn. "I'm going to Clemson. There is nothing that will change that."

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060129/SPORTS/60129001/1025/SPORTS0101

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks....Wow, it's great that we've got him on our side!!!!***

Jan 29, 2006, 8:11 AM

Re: Korn's message for rival recruiters. "Don't bother to call"

Jan 29, 2006, 8:44 AM

This is the true definition of a verbal commitment.All Clemsons should be very proud and excited to know that we have such a class act in Will Korn.Kids this committed to a football program win championship.We need more like them.

Willy's got a great attitude...

Jan 29, 2006, 9:27 AM

Committing early has allowed Korn to become a recruiter for the Tigers.

"I wouldn't put it like that," Korn said. "But I've tried to build relationships with players like (junior wide receiver) Mark Barnes at Richland Northeast. I just want to get to know everyone and help out where I can."

Korn also has a message for rival recruiters. Don't bother to call next season.

"They would be wasting their time," said Korn. "I'm going to Clemson. There is nothing that will change that."

I've never read an arrogant comment from him. He's not looking to get his ego stroked by acting like he's open to other schools.

We have been blessed with great leaders at the QB position, in my opinion. Streeter, Dantzler, Simmons (even though it didn't work out), Whitehurst...I have no doubt it will continue with Proctor next year, one of the other guys (Harper, Reese, Wade?) after that and then Willy.

null

Oh yeah, get fired up!!!***

Jan 29, 2006, 9:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Hope the coots dont read that, they wont be able say he is

Jan 29, 2006, 11:33 AM

going to jump ship and go to Usuck.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1494
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic