Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Since it's obvious that Dabo doesn't know what he's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Since it's obvious that Dabo doesn't know what he's

May 6, 2017, 11:18 AM

Doing should we begin to look for a replacement? There could be a Ken Hatfield or a Tommy West waiting in the wings somewhere. Dabos not perfect and it's ok to have conversation but Dabo has won 10 or more games for 6 years straight, won bcs bowls, two playoffs with two championship game appearances and a national championship. My money's on you Dabo! Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since it's obvious that Dabo doesn't know what he's

May 6, 2017, 11:31 AM

I think we need to hire one of these genius posters from the board.

Maybe a Coachmac or an 81-85 or maybe a Chicken troll like Tiger Michael.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Agreed! Guarantee 81-85 could have us at 3 acc wins within

May 6, 2017, 11:36 AM

One to two seasons.

May 6, 2017, 11:46 AM

Of course Dabo knows what he is doing. It's just the Cole Stoudt situation sticks in our minds. Watson was the best choice to beat Georgia. One year from now will there be trepidations to start Trevor Lawrence a true freshman if he had beaten out all the other qbs.

I'd say the National Championship sticks with us Tiger fans***

May 6, 2017, 12:32 PM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Yeah it's kind of a big deal! We are the Natuonal Champions!

May 6, 2017, 12:36 PM

Thanks Dabo!

Geez. I hope so.

May 6, 2017, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Since it's obvious that Dabo doesn't know what he's ]

Starting a true freshman when you have loads of talent that has had years of experience in our system is a risky proposition and it has BETTER be right. If it's not, you may do serious damage to the true freshman's development and his confidence while simultaneously damaging the leadership and confidence of the upperclassman that might have to take over.

Starting a true freshman QB isn't the same as starting a true freshman receiver. They have to know so much more...control so much more.

You people acting like the Cole Stoudt decision was a bad one are benefitting from hindsight AND ignoring the potential benefits. Just because Cole struggled that season doesn't mean starting him wasn't the best thing for DW's development. I don't know what happened with Stoudt but we saw what he could do in the bowl game. I don't know why he and...was it Napier?...couldn't get in sync. But I think it's absurd to act like Dabo has a "preference to upperclassman" blind spot based solely on that. All coaches would prefer to start their upperclassman for any of a dozen different reasons. Dabo has shown no more inclination to do so than any other coach.

null

Re: Geez. I hope so.

May 6, 2017, 1:28 PM

Morris was the QB coach. Napier was long gone well before 2014.

Re: Geez. I hope so.

May 6, 2017, 1:56 PM

Stoudt didn't fit Morris's system. Is it true that Morris wanted to start Watson?

loves c0cks^^***

May 6, 2017, 1:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Did Stoudt actually play well in the bowl game?

May 7, 2017, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Geez. I hope so. ]

And don't quote me stats ... I know he had stats (thank you, Mr. Scott!).

I don't think he did well.

We killed OU, but they self-inflicted a lot. If I recall they had a pick-six called back.

I'm so glad Cole got to go out like that, but I don't think we got to 'see what he could do' in that game.

Or maybe we did.

I think he was okay. Not really good. And got a little lucky.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Well, that's my recollection. I remember thinking

May 7, 2017, 2:40 PM

that he looked like an entirely different QB. But I can't quote you stats and I'm not going back to watch the game, so I guess that's the end of that conversation. :)

null

Re: Well, that's my recollection. I remember thinking

May 7, 2017, 2:56 PM

A friend of mine who works in the athletic department at Clemson told me Stoudt was injured most of the season and probably shouldn't even have been playing for most of that season. He toughed it out after Watson broke his finger and played anyway because we didn't really have another option with the whole Swag dismissal. He didn't really get healthy until the bowl game.

If he had been healthy the whole season, I think you would have seen a different Cole Stoudt. It also didn't help that Morris wouldn't really taylor the game plan to his strengths.

Geez. I hope so.

May 6, 2017, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Since it's obvious that Dabo doesn't know what he's ]

Starting a true freshman when you have loads of talent that has had years of experience in our system is a risky proposition and it has BETTER be right. If it's not, you may do serious damage to the true freshman's development and his confidence while simultaneously damaging the leadership and confidence of the upperclassman that might have to take over.

Starting a true freshman QB isn't the same as starting a true freshman receiver. They have to know so much more...control so much more.

You people acting like the Cole Stoudt decision was a bad one are benefitting from hindsight AND ignoring the potential benefits. Just because Cole struggled that season doesn't mean starting him wasn't the best thing for DW's development. I don't know what happened with Stoudt but we saw what he could do in the bowl game. I don't know why he and...was it Napier?...couldn't get in sync. But I think it's absurd to act like Dabo has a "preference to upperclassman" blind spot based solely on that. All coaches would prefer to start their upperclassman for any of a dozen different reasons. Dabo has shown no more inclination to do so than any other coach.

null

^^has shirt that says i love c0cks***

May 6, 2017, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Since it's obvious that Dabo doesn't know what he's ]

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

May 6, 2017, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Since it's obvious that Dabo doesn't know what he's ]

Most Tiger fans think of the National Championship game not a QB decision several years ago.

You arent a Clemson fan though so I am not shocked.

You are just a sad little #### troll who is here to stir the pot.

maybe we could pick up one of these

May 6, 2017, 11:51 AM

armchair QB's for a bargain!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dirt cheap I hope and worth every penny!***

May 6, 2017, 12:00 PM

Re: maybe we could pick up one of these

May 6, 2017, 1:17 PM [ in reply to maybe we could pick up one of these ]

Maybe this guy is available.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Nah, he's a big dummy, oh wait I see what you did there . . .***

May 6, 2017, 2:01 PM

May 6, 2017, 12:24 PM

It's ok to have a conversation to replace Dabo? SHeeeeeesh.......where do you guys come from.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying it's ok to

May 6, 2017, 12:26 PM

Have a conversation about criticism etc. no where did I suggest replacing Dabo except in the first line which is obvious cynicism. Not sure where you got that but you completely misread.

Sarcasm not cynicism sorry***

May 6, 2017, 12:28 PM

Re: That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying it's ok to

May 6, 2017, 12:29 PM [ in reply to That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying it's ok to ]

Yeah, I didn't read that right I guess. Lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2017, 12:28 PM

Did some of you actually believe that Stoudt should have started over Watson? I think Dabo learned from it and won't repeat that mistake.

May 6, 2017, 12:30 PM

Were you at the practices leading up to the first game? It could be Dabo didn't want to put that much pressure on a freshman in his first game. Dabo and his staff have a better handle on the players than any of us in here.

^^^this exactly my point dabo has his fingers on the pulse and he

May 6, 2017, 12:32 PM

Is one of the most successful college football coaches. I give him free reins to choose qb. He sees them day in and day out and knows who he has and how to win.

Not that Dabo doesn't make mistakes, but to assume that

May 6, 2017, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Since it's obvious that Dabo doesn't know what he's ]

because Watson so obviously turned out to be the much better QB, that therefore Stoudt should not have started those particular games at that particular stage, is faulty reasoning. But, don't let that stop anybody from banging that same old worn out drum.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Yes - 1st game at UGA is a very tough environment and

May 6, 2017, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Since it's obvious that Dabo doesn't know what he's ]

Coming off bench less pressure.

BTW Stoudt battled injuries ch of that year.

she loves the c0cks^^***

May 6, 2017, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Since it's obvious that Dabo doesn't know what he's ]

May 6, 2017, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Since it's obvious that Dabo doesn't know what he's ]

Maybe just maybe Dabo didnt want to put that all on a True Freshman starting in a hostile environment on the road...

Maybe just maybe they are at practices daily and you are not.

Maybe just maybe you are a sad little #### lover... Well that one really isnt a maybe it is a known fact.

maybe the freshman didn't know enough of the playbook

May 6, 2017, 2:23 PM

and was a liability? I laugh at people that think TL is going to come right and and win the national title as a freshman.

LOL!***

May 6, 2017, 1:45 PM

Clemson

He's my horse even if he comes in last.

May 7, 2017, 5:43 PM

The man has become the best HC in the land and the best we've ever had. I wouldn't say that last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic