Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our preemie Tiger Cub is coming home!!!! long...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Our preemie Tiger Cub is coming home!!!! long...

Jun 27, 2008, 10:34 AM

I want to thank The Tiger Family Nation for your continued thoughts and prayers. Our 3 month early baby boy is being discharged today after lunch. He turned 2 months old on Wednesday. For those not familiar with our story, Corbin was born 3 months early and weighed in at 1 lb and 15 oz and 14 inches long. He was in the NICU up until Friday June 20 a week ago and then moved to the Intermediate Nursery. He is off all support measures(no supplemental Oxygen, no tube to be fed through) His progress has been pretty remarkable and very few setbacks. We have been very lucky and blessed to say the least.

He weighs in at 5 lb and 7oz this morning and will have his first Pediatrician visit shortly after leaving the hospital. Please keep us in your prayers as he is still very small and just needs to grow more. Side note, if anyone ever is in the mood to give, either monetary or time or food, check into your local Ronald McDonald House. These folks provide some awesome services to stressed out parents and families. Thanks for reading and everyone have a safe weekend.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonderful news for your family.

Jun 27, 2008, 10:36 AM

I hope and pray that you have continued blessings.

Congrats!***

Jun 27, 2008, 10:37 AM

About the Ronald McDonald House

Jun 27, 2008, 10:46 AM

it is the only charity that I ever donate to. It provides temporary relief to people in some of the worst/most stressful times of their lives.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Congrats, great story***

Jun 27, 2008, 10:53 AM

Re: Our preemie Tiger Cub is coming home!!!! long...

Jun 27, 2008, 10:57 AM

I'm happy to hear that everything is going well. My son was born 2 months early and went thru some hard times as well in the first few weeks and months of his life, though he wasn't nearly as small as yours. Now he's 24 years old, 6'4" 240 pounds and an Iraq war veteran still serving in the US army.
I hope and believe that the worst part for your son and your family is behind you now. Just love him and enjoy your time with him while he's little. They grow up fast.

Great news.... he seems to eyeing that Orange too :-)***

Jun 27, 2008, 11:03 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WOW thats awesome***

Jun 27, 2008, 11:04 AM

Good for you.

Jun 27, 2008, 11:10 AM

Both of my girls were preemies but only 5 weeks early (they haven't been early for anything since). I'm sure its been a stressful time.

Be strong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Our preemie Tiger Cub is coming home!!!! long...

Jun 27, 2008, 11:29 AM

Congratulations! Enjoy your tiny cub.

God Bless You!...

Jun 27, 2008, 11:54 AM

As a Father of three including a 1 month old, I can understand your excitement to finally be taking him home. I know how stessed we were when our two boys were being treated for bad jaundice, but that only took days, I cannot immagine going through two months of seeing my baby in the NICU.

Congratulations!!!! As a father of 3...

Jun 27, 2008, 11:57 AM

...that were all born early (our smallest at 3.5 lbs at birth, so not close to you), it is amazing.

Good news is, all are doing great. Care and medical fields continue to get better and better.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

McDonald House and March of Dimes

Jun 27, 2008, 12:42 PM

Were heaven sent for our son....born June 1, 2007 and was 10weeks early (2 lbs 15 oz, but dropped down to about 2 lb 5 oz after the first day or so). We spent 6 weeks in the NICU with him and without the McDonald House people and March of Dimes, I don't think we would have made it.

Hey that's my birthday! Your son is destined to be...

Jun 27, 2008, 12:50 PM

awesome now! :)

and yes, the Ronald McDonald house rules. My daughter and her friends (ages 4, 5 and 6) had a lemonade stand this summer and made quite a bit of money. after "talking" with them about the money, and getting the visions of toys and candy out of their minds, we decided to donate it to the RMH. What a great place, and even thought it was just a tiny drop in the bucket to them, they made the girls feel so good about themselves. Now they argue about what their next fundraiser will be.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A Miracle....Congrats!!!!***

Jun 27, 2008, 12:57 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations - I am excited for you!

Jun 27, 2008, 1:07 PM

I have a preemie success story for you. My son was about the same size as yours. He weighed 1 pound 15 ounces and was also 14 inches long. He was born about 2 1/2 months early.

I remember all the medical terms you have to learn, and how you celebrate each accomplishment he makes.

We brought our son home on his due date. He weighed 4 pounds 6 ounces at the time.

He is now 27 years old. He has always been healthy and has been a true blessing.

May your son have a long and healthy life. You know that he is a fighter to achieve what he has to this point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a true Tiger ....a real fighter! God bless your family!***

Jun 27, 2008, 1:18 PM

Awesome!

Jun 27, 2008, 1:30 PM

I was born 3 months early myself and had to spend a little time in the hospital before coming home. Best wishes to him (and you guys)!

Awesome! We brought our twin boys home yesterday!!***

Jun 27, 2008, 2:05 PM

he is just the most precious little Tiger I've ever seen!

Jun 27, 2008, 2:27 PM

Congratulations to you and much happiness in the years to come :)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

God bless you!

Jun 27, 2008, 2:33 PM

Little dusty over at my cube right now after hearing the news. Darn allergies;o)

Welcome home new Cub!***

Jun 27, 2008, 2:42 PM

congrats... hes beautiful!***

Jun 27, 2008, 2:44 PM

i love clemson. enough said. GO TIGERS!

This is my son who survived heart/lung by-pass surgery

Jun 27, 2008, 2:50 PM
DSCF0056.JPG(317.1 K)

known as ECMO almost 18 years ago. He was 36 hours old at the time. I can empathize with you and your wife. The waiting is tough! My son had less than a 1 in 1,000 chance of survival; but thanks to medical people who worked very hard to gain their skills and unending prayers, he survived and should enroll at Clemson next year. Congratulations to you and yours!

Spud

Congratulations! God Bless!***

Jun 28, 2008, 12:32 PM

As a father of a soon-to-be-1-year-old....

Jun 28, 2008, 10:32 PM

.....that picture made me well up with tears.

I am so glad your little one is doing fine and is coming home. I can't imagine the amount of stress your family went through. I will keep you all in my prayers.

- prowler

I'm here to spread hate and discontent.

GREAT NEWS!!! everyone should donated to

Jun 28, 2008, 11:49 PM

McDonalds house. My sister spent months there and they never asked for a thing.

I'm a uncle to a preemie (born 4.5 months early) She is now 8 and kicking butt.

Congrats on your new baby..enjoy, it goes fast!!!

Father of 2 (7 and 3)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic