Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Top Miami recruit gets 3 years' probation - Link
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 601

Top Miami recruit gets 3 years' probation - Link

Jul 6, 2004, 5:52 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/ncaa/07/06/bc.fbc.miami.williams.ap/index.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where the heck did this kid get $3000? All we've heard is

Jul 6, 2004, 6:02 PM

how he is this poor kid from a broken home and how he has had such a tough life. Now read the last paragraph of that article:

Williams has paid $1,700 to the hotel to cover damages and his bill. A misdemeanor charge involving a bar fight on the same weekend was dropped with Williams agreeing to pay the man involved $1,300.

It absolutely sickens me that this kid could be on the field this fall. He should be rotting in prison.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I may sound like a Democrat here but do you really think he

Jul 6, 2004, 6:23 PM

should rot in prison for setting off a couple of fire extinquishers and hugging a girl without permission. Should he be sent to train to be a lifelong criminal for a few pranks and for being an arrogant prick? If the hug was more of a sexual assault, I can buy harsh punishment but remember that we are talkng about an ignorant 18 year old kid. I do not think Miami should let him play but prison? I think he needs to be worked and taught but not locked up with the Peewee Gaskin-types of the world.

I don't think he should be in prison solely for the acts

Jul 6, 2004, 6:30 PM

committed while at UF in January. If that was all he had done, I would say, "tell him not to do it again, pay the damages and move on." However, this was his 13th arrest at the age of 18 and those acts took place while he was on probation for other crimes. At some point, someone has to make this kid understand that his actions have consequences. He obviously doesn't realize that..and why would he? Every time he commits a crime, he gets another slap on the wrist.

You're correct, one or two minor offenses like these and he doesn't deserve jail time, but 11, 12, 13 of them and he should be sitting in a cell.

Re: I don't think he should be in prison solely for the acts

Jul 6, 2004, 9:19 PM

Sorry- did not realize he had been in trouble so much.

Re: I may sound like a Democrat here but do you really think he

Jul 6, 2004, 7:41 PM [ in reply to I may sound like a Democrat here but do you really think he ]

this is an esatblished pattern with htis kid>> I believe his rap sheet has like 10 arrest so far!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where the heck did this kid get $3000? All we've heard is

Jul 6, 2004, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Where the heck did this kid get $3000? All we've heard is ]

he sold all that extra food he took from the meals!! semihole boosters gave him lots of $$$$ for it!!LOL

Re: Top Miami recruit gets 3 years' probation - Link

Jul 6, 2004, 6:04 PM

unreal!!!! those Miami guys will do anything!1 this looks awful for ACC

Even more puzzling

Jul 6, 2004, 6:09 PM

"Williams must perform 250 hours of community service while on probation and is banned from drinking alcohol "

He's 19, it's illegal for him to drink alcohol anyways. This is like saying he's banned from getting a rental car from Hertz. To him, both are against the law because he's too young! 250 hours is not even that many hours for all that he did. Plus, where'd he get 3,000 dollars again? I'd investigate the athletic dept. at Miami and all of their big-name donors if I was the NCAA.

"Duty is the sublimest word in the English language."- Robert E. Lee
"Strike the tent." - Robert E. Lee's final words
"Better to remain silent and thought an idiot then to speak out and confirm that thought for everyone." - Mark Twain

Clemson Day at the State House:

I thought he was on probation when this happened.

Jul 6, 2004, 6:14 PM

The FSU trophies will be enough to pay the $3000.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought he was on probation when this happened.

Jul 6, 2004, 6:15 PM

I was talking about him being banned from drinking alcohol.

He's 19, it's already illegal, what was the condition before the ban? He could break the law?

"Duty is the sublimest word in the English language."- Robert E. Lee
"Strike the tent." - Robert E. Lee's final words
"Better to remain silent and thought an idiot then to speak out and confirm that thought for everyone." - Mark Twain

Clemson Day at the State House:

Re: I thought he was on probation when this happened.

Jul 6, 2004, 7:43 PM

"However, because Williams was already on probation in Broward County from the 2002 burglary case, Judge Kaplan could have changed the disposition of that case -- from ''adjudication withheld'' to guilty -- and revoked his probation."

Is Judge Kaplan a Miami grad or the son of a Miami ex-coach?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 601
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic