Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thank you Barnes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Thank you Barnes

Jun 4, 2017, 9:17 AM

I have watched a young man pitch his heart out for this team all season. Being the Friday night guy he has taken the struggles of this team the most. His record does not reflect what he has done for this team. I wish him the best as the draft is near and by all accounts he will be drafted. Barnes has battled all season given us his all not only tonight, but every game he has pitch it. Thank you for choosing Clemson. You have been fun to watch. You will be missed. Now......let's go get 2 wins on Sunday and keep this season alive! I will be there to cheer this team on! Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank you Barnes

Jun 4, 2017, 9:29 AM

I completely agree but Charlie has gotten it done in the classroom also. He is a 3 year Clemson graduate and as the SEC says "it just means more" to have a CU degree. Go Tigers and beat UNCG and bring on the "flagpolers" what ever that cheer meant last night,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2017, 9:43 AM

He obviously understood what it meant to be a Student Athlete. Not many baseball players have done that and announced he had a 3.4 GPA at his senior day. Having a Clemson degree will open many doors for him after his days of playing baseball are over! He will represent this university well on and off the field and yes having a CU degree is something special.

I almost wished we moved him to a Saturday or Sunday starter.

Jun 4, 2017, 11:02 AM

Charlie got hardly any runs on Friday games. Really sad to see him give up 2 runs in a game and get L's. He really should have 8 to 10 wins now, but that's just how baseball works.

Thanks for everything, Charlie. It's been fun watching you pitch.

~JKB

Not to mention the bullpen situation made it that much harder for him too

Jun 4, 2017, 11:09 AM

He took the mound knowing he had to be nearly perfect and had to go at least 7 to give us a chance. Hell we really needed him to throw complete games and that's just not fair to him.

The SC game he pitched an absolute GEM and we lost it due to errors. UVA he pitched his ### off too and got no run support.

Huge Charlie Barnes fan, thanks to him for all his work

#1 Fan of Clemson Athletic Marketing Team

Jun 4, 2017, 11:34 AM

I really hope that isn't his last start in a Clemson uniform. He isn't a power guy, but he's a crafty lefty with good stuff, so I expect him to get drafted and he'll probably take his shot.

Barnes reminds me a lot of Tom Glavine.

Jun 4, 2017, 1:02 PM

He will have to work hard for it like Glavine did, but the odds are in his favor to have a successful MLB career.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Jun 4, 2017, 1:44 PM

Barnes definitely deserved better outcomes in his starts. We often hear how DW4 graduated in 3 years and was the ultimate student athlete. Charlie Barnes is of the same quality and deserves all the recognition that DW4 received regarding being a true student athlete. I wish him all the success in the world. We are definitely going to miss #23 on the mound. Thank you for all you have done and will do for this great University. Go Tigers and Go Charlie!!!!

Jun 4, 2017, 3:33 PM

hope to see him again
#nevergiveup

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic