Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
anyjuan notice that there were a ton more
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

anyjuan notice that there were a ton more

Sep 25, 2017, 12:47 PM

security bearing assault rifles for the game Saturday than there had been in the past?

Or were we all too busy worrying about what some rich dude who we will never meet says or thinks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

SOMEBODY had to keep stragglers off The Hill now didnt they?

Sep 25, 2017, 12:49 PM

and what a tremendous job they did.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i figured thats why the students didn't show***

Sep 25, 2017, 12:51 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

I was worried about the sun***

Sep 25, 2017, 12:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

you mean the life giving star 93 million miles away?

Sep 25, 2017, 12:52 PM

was it misbehaving

93 million miles away? Felt like 93 feet***

Sep 25, 2017, 1:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

i had a 4 year old asleep on my lap the first 3

Sep 25, 2017, 1:04 PM

quarters. I about melted

I need to swap tickets with some 1 in the south

Sep 25, 2017, 1:07 PM

Stands. I'm starting to look like 2 face.

Police do not carry assault rifles

Sep 25, 2017, 12:53 PM

They carry the standard AR-15 semi-automatic rifle, which was originally built by Armalight as a small game hunting rifle in the 1950's. The military took the design and made a more powerful design, the M-16A1, for fully automatic military use (unavailable to civilians). While the M-16 and M-4 the military uses looks similar to the Ar-15, they are two completely different guns with almost zero interchangeable parts. Police carry the AR-15, which is a standard civilian hunting rifle.

so i guess you noticed too?

Sep 25, 2017, 12:54 PM

not a gun fella but didn't seem to be a pea shooter

A 19 year old might have a beer!!

Sep 25, 2017, 12:56 PM

"Choot em! With 'the standard AR-15 semi-automatic rifle, which was originally built by Armalight as a small game hunting rifle in the 1950's. The military took the design and made a more powerful design, the M-16A1, for fully automatic military use (unavailable to civilians). While the M-16 and M-4 the military uses looks similar to the Ar-15, they are two completely different guns with almost zero interchangeable parts. Police carry the AR-15, which is a standard civilian hunting rifle.'"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Thank you for the gun lesson, now explain why anybody needs

Sep 25, 2017, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Police do not carry assault rifles ]

an AR inside DV?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank you for the gun lesson, now explain why anybody needs

Sep 25, 2017, 5:20 PM

They are there to guard the bottled water

Oh here we go.

Sep 25, 2017, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Police do not carry assault rifles ]

So why do the local police need to have a show of force to the point where they openly carry "the standard AR-15 semi-automatic rifle, which was originally built by Armalight as a small game hunting rifle in the 1950's. The military took the design and made a more powerful design, the M-16A1, for fully automatic military use (unavailable to civilians). While the M-16 and M-4 the military uses looks similar to the Ar-15, they are two completely different guns with almost zero interchangeable parts. Police carry the AR-15, which is a standard civilian hunting rifle?"

Riddle me that, gunzo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh here we go.

Sep 25, 2017, 1:55 PM

Why does it matter? If you aren't doing anything wrong then there isn't a reason to even speak to any of the officers unless you want to thank them for their service.

I'm of the opinion that I would rather them have the guns if there was an active shooter situation instead of trying to talk it out with the shooter.

Then have them out of sight. It's unnecessary.***

Sep 25, 2017, 4:38 PM

Re: Then have them out of sight. It's unnecessary.***

Sep 25, 2017, 4:39 PM

It's unnecessary until it's necessary.

But like I said, if you aren't doing anything wrong then there isn't an issue.

that's the cowardly answer***

Sep 25, 2017, 4:42 PM

Re: that's the cowardly answer***

Sep 25, 2017, 4:46 PM

I'm the coward by not bitching about people having guns?

While you're on here like "Oh my goodness the police officers gots some big guns that's just turrible."

Sack up, Nancy.

The"if you're not doing anything wrong, why are you worried"

Sep 25, 2017, 4:57 PM

answer is pure BS and the coward's way out...I'm not afraid of the guns, I'm afraid of the way they are being deployed...I've been going to DV for over 4 decades and I can't recall a single shooting, so why the need for AR's now in the Stadium itself?

Re: The"if you're not doing anything wrong, why are you worried"

Sep 25, 2017, 4:59 PM

How is it pure BS, and how in the hell is the coward's way "out?" I'm not trying to get out of anything.

Did you ever consider that things are a lot different now than they were 4 decades ago, and that times change?

What is wrong with how they are being deployed?

Because it is an excuse not an answer...Like saying if you

Sep 25, 2017, 5:04 PM

don't like going through all the extra "security theater" TSA crap at the airport you must be a terrorist...And times haven't changed that much in Clemson, give me a break...There hasn't been a hint of an incident in my lifetime

Re: Because it is an excuse not an answer...Like saying if you

Sep 25, 2017, 5:08 PM

I don't think police officers having guns is akin to the security at airports, and to say that my response is similar to calling people terrorists if they don't like it is a bit much.

Times may have not changed that much in Clemson but they have in the world we live in. There have also been protests in Clemson in recent years and therefore there is a higher risk for something to happen.

That being said I do not see the big deal because as I stated the guns are there for protection, and I'm sure each one of the carrying cops goes in there with the mindset of "I hope I don't have to use this," but in the event that something does happen I would rather they have the AR than pepper spray.

I don't have a problem with the police being armed, but the

Sep 25, 2017, 5:16 PM

full body armour and the rifles inside the stadium are a bit much, at least in my opinion....They don't need to be armed to the teeth at a football game and they guys with rifles don't need to be anywhere where people can come in to contact with them....It they are stationed on the roof, fine...On a balcony, fine....In the Tunnel watching football,k a bit much...Especially with all these protesters you are worried about.

Re: I don't have a problem with the police being armed, but the

Sep 25, 2017, 5:19 PM

I guess we will need to agree to disagree.

I do agree with your point that maybe not in close quarters with the civilians would be a better idea, or on the roof, etc.

That being said, I'm not "worried" about the protesters.

We can agree on that....I'm not afraid of guns, I own over a

Sep 25, 2017, 5:31 PM

dozen, love to shoot...Those guys in the crowds just kind of creep me out...they pose a far greater danger than they protect us from...In my opinion, of course

Sep 25, 2017, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Then have them out of sight. It's unnecessary.*** ]

Until some type of violence affects you.

Sep 25, 2017, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Then have them out of sight. It's unnecessary.*** ]

you skeered? say you're skeered.

Of a wanna be soldier at a football game?

Sep 25, 2017, 5:23 PM

No, not really.

What kind of active shooter scenario do you envision inside

Sep 25, 2017, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh here we go. ]

DV?

my son told me the rifles they had were semi auto/3 rnd

Sep 25, 2017, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Police do not carry assault rifles ]

burst selector switch . even they did not have fully automatic

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I don't get the need for AR 15's at a game...Why do

Sep 25, 2017, 12:53 PM

they need that kind of firepower inside the stadium...Nobody is sneaking a long gun through security, if they use one, it will be one of the cop's getting overpowered and losing his/hers...How hard would it be for two people to pummel that guy and take his gun?

Is this a challenge?***

Sep 25, 2017, 1:29 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

only if you took it as one***

Sep 25, 2017, 2:40 PM

I would give you a dozen different scenarios of why

Sep 25, 2017, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Yeah, I don't get the need for AR 15's at a game...Why do ]

but then again, I'm not giving you any ideas.

There is zero reasons that is necessary...There is no need

Sep 25, 2017, 2:41 PM

for AR's inside DV....period

Re: There is zero reasons that is necessary...There is no need

Sep 25, 2017, 2:42 PM

If you aren't doing anything wrong then what is the issue?

What kind of loser answer is that?***

Sep 25, 2017, 2:44 PM

Re: What kind of loser answer is that?***

Sep 25, 2017, 2:58 PM

Wasn't an answer as you didn't ask a question. It was a question based on your unnecessary whining.

Re: Yeah, I don't get the need for AR 15's at a game...Why do

Sep 25, 2017, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Yeah, I don't get the need for AR 15's at a game...Why do ]

Long guns??
You 8, bro?
Try rifle....

I used the term long guns because most shotguns don't fall

Sep 25, 2017, 4:40 PM

the category of rifle...hth bro

I noticed that as well....

Sep 25, 2017, 12:54 PM

Wondering what's that was all about. It doesn't come about for no reason.

Police like to show off their toys!

Sep 25, 2017, 12:57 PM

It's a show of force for some reason. Either way, it's ridiculous.

The "for some reason"..

Sep 25, 2017, 12:59 PM

Wondering what that reason may have been?

cause there's a rash of crazies in rental trucks

Sep 25, 2017, 12:59 PM [ in reply to I noticed that as well.... ]

trying to run over people in crowds.

Clemson football games (and others where there are 100,000 people assembled) are under a big ol' world wide red flag alert. Talk about something that ought to be vigorously protested, that's probably it.

they were well inside where that would happen though

Sep 25, 2017, 1:01 PM

by the time the truck reached them they would have mown over several thousand people

What's a varmint round (.223) going to do to a cube van?***

Sep 25, 2017, 1:01 PM [ in reply to cause there's a rash of crazies in rental trucks ]

I thought about that walking away after the AU game

Sep 25, 2017, 1:50 PM [ in reply to cause there's a rash of crazies in rental trucks ]

there are a lot of pedestrians in one spot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I've seen them on top of the WEZ for years. Never seen them

Sep 25, 2017, 2:00 PM

anywhere else in the stadium though.

I had to walk past one in the tunnel to Section T vs Auburn.

Sep 25, 2017, 2:43 PM

He was standing there watching the game...In the name of safety

Re: I had to walk past one in the tunnel to Section T vs Auburn.

Sep 25, 2017, 4:43 PM

I believe you need to look Jessie up and get back into the meth business.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why? Because I think a guy decked out in full body armour

Sep 25, 2017, 4:59 PM

holding an AR in the tunnel is a bit much?

Re: anyjuan notice that there were a ton more

Sep 25, 2017, 2:55 PM

I also noticed the bada55 German Shepard with the EOD vest on during Tiger Walk. Whatever - thought he looked cool and I've got nothing to hide.

NK accused us of declaring war today, so.. it's just the time we live in.

BE CAREFUL...A licensed FFL won't be happy

Sep 25, 2017, 4:44 PM

You called it an "Assault Weapon" per tigernet history.....its just a varmit gun the US military uses

More than likely those were 300 Blackouts

Sep 25, 2017, 4:49 PM

Same magazine and bolt carrier group as the .223 but in the 30 caliber layout instead.
The only major difference is the barrel.
This way they can load std 30 cal rubber bullets.
A 200 grain rubber bullet is going to hurt like crazy, but more than likely not going to kill you.
This also gives them the option to drop their mags and load up some HPBT's if the situation called for it.

Chances of getting laid? Gun freaks or Pokemon

Sep 25, 2017, 4:52 PM

Players?

Re: Chances of getting laid? Gun freaks or Pokemon

Sep 25, 2017, 4:54 PM

, The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2017, 9:54 PM

Hopefully the doubters from this thread now understand the reasoning of why we have this type of security after this weekend.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2017, 10:23 PM

I guess the AR's prevented anyone from sitting or kneeling during our National Anthem or Pledge of Allegiance. Just a guess on my part.

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic