Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zion Williamson may be in hot water...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 8,439

Zion Williamson may be in hot water...

Oct 16, 2018, 8:21 PM

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2801250-zion-williamson-reportedly-asked-recruiters-for-a-job-money-and-housing?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we can only hope

Oct 16, 2018, 8:25 PM

Our recruiting will improve if they can get this corruption under control.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Zion Williamson may be in hot water...

Oct 16, 2018, 8:35 PM

In my heart of orange hearts something tells me this is why he did not commit to Brownell and Clemson . I think CBB is doing things on the up and up and I strongly believe that the shopping spree mentality of today's top HS players doesn't fit Brad's model .
Just a feeling .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 16, 2018, 8:45 PM

I agree with you Dug. I think that is why we lose out to some of the bigger names in football also. We will not pay you to play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2018, 9:03 PM

Not beyond providing a great education at a beautiful campus, free room and board, plus approved stipend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Don't forget our sexy wimminz.***

Oct 17, 2018, 11:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

No doubt about that.***

Oct 16, 2018, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Zion Williamson may be in hot water... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Oct 16, 2018, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Zion Williamson may be in hot water... ]

There’s no doubt that’s why we didn’t get him.

There's a non-zero chance we just got outbid

Oct 17, 2018, 10:49 AM

But if so, our ROI is pretty poor for BBall the last 10 years. So unlikely.

Oct 16, 2018, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Zion Williamson may be in hot water... ]

We are at the point DePaul was offering six figures for a kid.

It’s time we all just accept the fact we are all paying recruits.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Oct 16, 2018, 9:52 PM

Who’s paying moron

Oct 17, 2018, 10:13 AM

We are 100% paying players. If you don’t think we are, you’re naive.

Not directly by the schools but you better believe agents

Oct 17, 2018, 10:42 AM

And all sorts of other hangers on are slipping money under the table to the big names.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2018, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Zion Williamson may be in hot water... ]

I don't think that the university is directly involved with paying players in any sport, but it would be naive to assume that every major school doesn't have at least some booster that is providing some sort of inadmissible benefits to certain players. I don't believe it's in the 5 figure range or anything though—probably a few hundred dollars here and there.

SBNation had a great article about the whole process in college football a few years ago that mentioned the "bagman" in the title. Should be easy to find on Google.

So USuCk is paying players? That’s embarrassing. You might wanna refund***

Oct 16, 2018, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Zion Williamson may be in hot water... ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So USuCk is paying players? That’s embarrassing. You might wanna refund***

Oct 16, 2018, 10:03 PM

Believe me I would be furious if I was the person paying for our players.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So USuCk is paying players? That’s embarrassing. You might wanna refund***

Oct 16, 2018, 10:03 PM [ in reply to So USuCk is paying players? That’s embarrassing. You might wanna refund*** ]

Believe me I would be furious if I was the one paying our players.

the guy was a lock to come to Clemson

Oct 16, 2018, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Zion Williamson may be in hot water... ]

If we pay for recruits why didn't we get him?

Re: the guy was a lock to come to Clemson

Oct 17, 2018, 8:00 AM

Duke obviously offered a better package.

And you were obviously lying when you said you only reply

Oct 17, 2018, 3:47 PM

to coot topics...Care to admit it?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Newspring®™ funds are only for Football.***

Oct 17, 2018, 4:09 PM [ in reply to the guy was a lock to come to Clemson ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I SERIOUSLY DON’T believe SC is paying football players

Oct 17, 2018, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Zion Williamson may be in hot water... ]

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

idk every article I've read regarding him has mentioned

Oct 16, 2018, 8:44 PM

Re: idk every article I've read regarding him has mentioned

Oct 16, 2018, 8:51 PM

LSU coach Will Wade is being implicated. Hard to imagine he makes it thru this with a job.

Will Wade is a sleaze bag and I'm glad he isn't our coach.

Oct 16, 2018, 10:11 PM

I used to think he would be a great fit for us, being a young coach, great recruiter, and Clemson alum to boot.

In hindsight, I don't believe for one minute that we ever had talks with him or offered him, despite media reports at the time. I think his agent made that up so that LSU would pony up more money to get him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I think it's like Cam Newton with Miss St/Auburn: the school

Oct 16, 2018, 9:50 PM [ in reply to idk every article I've read regarding him has mentioned ]

where he ended up covered their tracks well enough but no one is naive enough to think you asked one school for money and went to the other out of the goodness of your heart.

The stunning change of heart he had is starting to look less stunning.

If this is true, and it's a big if at this point...

Oct 16, 2018, 8:54 PM

...a KU assistant saying on tape "if that's what it takes to get him here for 10 months, we're going to have to do it some way" is pretty damning. Can't help but wonder what convinced him to sign with Duke when you have a KU assistant willing to explore making it happen. Not a lot of pedigree difference between those two programs that would explain it.

As a side note, I am very glad that Brownell either couldn't or wouldn't play the game. My hope is he wouldn't play it. Time will tell.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: If this is true, and it's a big if at this point...

Oct 16, 2018, 8:56 PM

Remember, Kansas was already in hot water before he made his decision, so he had time to reverse his course and choose Duke.

Oct 16, 2018, 9:01 PM

Kansas was the perceived favorite early before the first round of this stuff broke too.

That's true, but we would also have to believe...

Oct 16, 2018, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Re: If this is true, and it's a big if at this point... ]

...that he gave up on his "wishes" and simply decided to go to Duke for his one and done all squeaky clean and such with no strings attached. I kinda doubt that. Just my opinion.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Oct 16, 2018, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: If this is true, and it's a big if at this point... ]

Plus the value of NewSpring bitcoin was crashing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

i don't think so, if UNC can get away with not making player

Oct 17, 2018, 10:47 AM [ in reply to If this is true, and it's a big if at this point... ]

players go to class or do school work for their whole duration at chapel hill then whats paying a kid actual dollars. When they did absolutely nothign to UNC for what they did, i knew it was all corrupt. So who cares. They ain't going to do anything to the blue bloods. (duke, kansas, unc, michigan state)

Clemson wasn't willing to play dirty and offer illegal perks

Oct 16, 2018, 10:08 PM

but other schools were.

That's all I will say.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

He's going to be one and done anyway why

Oct 17, 2018, 4:36 PM

not just go straight to the NBA? The NCAA has created a lot of these issues by making a mockery of the student/athlete. The rules should be the same for basketball as they are forfootball. This and all the transferring going on in all collegiate sports is ridiculous.

Replies: 33
| visibility 8,439
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic