Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Muschamp/Unenviable Position
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Will Muschamp/Unenviable Position

May 19, 2019, 7:48 AM

This guy walked into the most heinous Coot HC job in any era of my lifetime .
They were just wrapping up some NCAA infraction penalties , they'd been shat upon and unceremoniously abandoned at the station by their savior Steve-O Spurrier and they'd been shunned by all the really good candidates they'd asked to help them after that . ( cough*Hermann*cough) .
To beat that mess , this guy ( who'd been run outta Gainesville for failing to compete on the field with consistent talent in the Top 5 range being recruited ?) had to immediately deal with a rival that was scorching the CFB world and about to win it's first of 2 national championships during his first 3 seasons in Columbia .
Talk about an ambush . That adjoining the unrealistic expectations by his delusion-heavy fan base and alums , he had very little to be positive about .
However , much as we would expect he has run his mouth about his recruiting skills and how much he would bring to the defensive side of the ball .... which going onto his 4th year there hasn't been a good result in either one .

That guy has a couple of years I am betting to win big . He'll need an SEC East title or he'll need to beat Clemson the next couple of years to save his sorry hide .

Anybody think he's up to snuff ?

#DabOwned

Anyone ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Will Muschamp/Unenviable Position

May 19, 2019, 8:01 AM

He just signed the contract because he had nothing else. He will end up getting that golden parachute
retirement package that many ex- U of SuC coaches get to leave.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he couldn't succeed at Florida...

May 19, 2019, 8:04 AM

Well...what more can be said? Spot on, Dug!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody think he's up to snuff ? " = LOL NOPE!

BUT...U5uC will keep him on well past any reasonable program would have fired his ###. He's there for a good 10 years unless he decides he's had enuff of the easy money.Which ain't likely.XD

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nah they will dump him in two years because they

May 19, 2019, 8:53 AM

will be so buthurt about Clemson. They will get another nobody/has been. Wash rinse repeat. Spurrier was a fluke, it will never happen again. 40 years from now they will have 1 acc championship and 1 sec division championship

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know I'm terrified by what Will Muschamp is doing at UofSuc, but I can't speak for Dabo and our coaches and players. They've probably already circled that game for the next FIVE calendar years as a "W".

The downside for us CLEMSON fans is that in 5 more year, we will now have to sit our drink down to wave TWO FIVE BOMBS at our 'alleged' rival.

Not only was he run out of Gainsville...

May 19, 2019, 8:23 AM

Auburn was about to $#!7-can him as well and he knew it, which is why he was so desperate to get and pretty much begged for the u of 5c job. Fortunately for CussChamp, Ray Tanner was equally as desperate because, as you pointed out, he had been turned-down by every decent candidate (at least six or seven of them) to whom he had spoken about the job.

At the end of the day, Cusshamp is a mediocre coach at a program that has very little to offer (other than illegal inducements and immediate playing time) that a quality student athlete can't get at more than a dozen other/better schools throughout the southeast.

He'll get a pass after finishing no better than 5 - 7 this year with a sixth consecutive loss to Clemson primarily because of the perceived difficulty of the u of 5c schedule (which is a complete load of chicken $#!7). He'll likely be shown the door following the 2020 season after another 5 - 7 season (at best) and a seventh consecutive loss to Clemson.

The thing that I find most hilarious is that after failing miserably at Florida, a program with superior resources, facilities, and talent, the delusion-heavy u of 5c fans and alums were absolutely convinced that CussChamp would stroll into Columbia and build a consistent winner. On the contrary, the only thing he has managed to build is a good case of hemorrhoids.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Not only was he run out of Gainsville...

May 19, 2019, 9:00 AM

Well, he certainly hasn't delivered much in the way of success, even playing in the weak side of their very over rated conference. That won't change, and the delusional usuc fans will move on once again and restart their "championship just down the road" mantra, and so on, and so on, ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, but how can we feel sorry for him? He's not any

May 19, 2019, 8:45 AM

good at what he does but yet makes millions of dollars [not] doing it.

Sounds like a very lucky guy.

Re: Yes, but how can we feel sorry for him? He's not any

May 19, 2019, 9:02 AM

The money is good, but can you imagine having to be around those folks all the time? It took old Otis Spurrier no time to lose all memory of any association of usuc.

May 19, 2019, 9:16 AM

Jack Handy’s Lowered Expectations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2019, 10:55 AM

I imagine the coaching graveyard is already building his tombstone. Next stop is retirement or an analyst job on Saban’s staff.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic