Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,463

Why...

Oct 23, 2018, 7:23 AM

Is it so important for the SEC to get 2 teams in the CFP? It is talked about at some point everyday on at least one ESPN channel. Get the 4 best teams period.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN is the SEC's mouthpiece - are.....

Oct 23, 2018, 7:26 AM

not at all objective.

Not going to happen

Oct 23, 2018, 8:02 AM

I'm hoping for a 1-loss conference champion from the Big 12 or Big 10. Either of those will trump a 2-loss SEC team or a 1-loss SEC non-champion.

The fun part will be when ESPN has to choose between promoting ND or an SEC team. Bristol could implode, removing CT from the map.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I notice the same thing. It’s absurd. It’s literally

Oct 23, 2018, 8:06 AM

the only conference that’s ever mentioned getting 2 teams in. I hope like hell the SeC has a 2 loss champion.

That would be fun to see the talking heads explain why a 2 loss SEC Champ gets in over no loss or 1 loss Conf Champs.

Re: Why...

Oct 23, 2018, 8:11 AM

The ONLY way I see the SEC failing to get 2 teams in the CFP is for Bama to win out, and win the SECCG. That gives every other SEC team TWO losses, which the committee would frown on.

My conspiracy theory: Bama will lose one game, and that team who beats them will be in the CFP, and a 1-loss Bama team will be in AGAIN. Sound familiar??? It worked to perfection last year, and they are probably planning how to do it again. Just my theory. :)

Re: Why...

Oct 23, 2018, 8:11 AM

Capitalism. When you invest your money in a conference you want to see a return on it. There really are only 3 teams in the SEC worth a crap right now Bama, LSU, and Georgia. The rest of the teams would basically be middle of the pack teams in every other conference. ESPN has to blow the horn pretty hard for those three teams to make up for the lack of talent in the rest of the conference.

It’s in ESPN’s best interests

Oct 23, 2018, 9:06 AM

To hype up the SEC because it’s more $ for them as opposed to the B1G who’s network I believe is owned by Fox and those are really the only 2 conferences that could get 2 teams in even though the B1G is out now after Urban’s collapse in West Lafayette.

For the SEC to get 2 teams in, I think LSU has to run the table because they’d have the best wins and then Bama would have to continue blowing people out. But they also need the B1G champ to have 2 losses I would think if ND and us both go undefeated.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,463
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic