Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
White House visit team photo...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

White House visit team photo...

Jan 15, 2019, 11:18 PM

Why hasn’t one been released? There is always a photo of the team with the President while he holds up a personalized jersey.

I’m guessing neither Clemson nor POTUS want to talk about anyone who may have been absent.

I’m sure I’ll be called a coot, which I’m not. Just curious as to why this is the first time in my life that I haven’t seen a team photo with POTUS.

Message was edited by: casperasop1

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I pulled these from a video on the White House twitter

Jan 15, 2019, 11:20 PM

Might be the best you're gonna get:

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Group-Photos-from-WH-Visit-1879740

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: White House visit team photo...

Jan 16, 2019, 2:29 AM

Trump might be worried...I heard Dabo was seen measuring the curtains in the Oval Office.

Jan 16, 2019, 7:52 AM
53893.jpeg(78.8 K)
53904.jpeg(75.8 K)
53907.jpeg(99.0 K)

All of them in one place.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you ever seen a team photo

Jan 16, 2019, 7:31 AM

Inside the white house? Maybe it's just hard to get that many people in a picture indoors? Every team photo online is outdoors, so for you to not come to a logical conclusion makes me think you are just trying to manufacture another "crisis" . I doubt potus or clemson are losing sleep over those that chose not to attend.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 8:10 AM

There are several. We sent 75 guys, supposedly, not including staff, etc. They were indoors. It's impossible to get one big team photo indoors. There are several different photos of different groups of players standing behind the president in the Oval Office.

There are many valid reasons for people not to attend -

Travel/Tired: the team had recently traveled to Dallas, then back to Clemson, then out to California, then back to Clemson, then Saturday was the parade, Saturday night was the banquet, and Monday morning they left for DC.

Been there: Figure approx half the team had already visited the White House. Some may simply not have been interested in a 2nd trip

Draft: Many of our seniors and juniors are preparing for the draft

And last - there are those who simply don't like Trump or maybe do, but don't want to be seen with him because a lot of their friends don't like him. I honestly think this is the least of the reasons.

And btw, no one abstained because of the menu choices, or lack thereof. The menu wasn't announced until the team was already in DC or on their way.

Jan 16, 2019, 8:24 AM

“And last - there are those who simply don't like Trump or maybe do, but don't want to be seen with him because a lot of their friends don't like him. I honestly think this is the least of the reasons.

And btw, no one abstained because of the menu choices, or lack thereof. The menu wasn't announced until the team was already in DC or on their way. “

You really think that’s the least of the reasons? Look at those photos. Our starting defense has more AA players than those pictures do combined.

I agree that the menu was a complete non-factor.

Jan 16, 2019, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: White House visit team photo... ]

I haven't found an outside photo for 1981 yet. The 2017 photo outside shows probably about 80 +/- players and staff (rough guess but didn't count them) and this year being at night, I doubt there is an outside photo.

I'm just glad they were there instead of Bama!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol....good one.

Jan 16, 2019, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: White House visit team photo... ]

“Private visit to the White House......yawn....been there done that.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic