Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What makes Clemson Football different than all the other 130 plus colleges?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,975

What makes Clemson Football different than all the other 130 plus colleges?

Sep 20, 2017, 12:18 PM

I think Venables and the defense is the difference. The passion he shows and has really shows on Saturday's. All our defensive players are huge and always in position. The fact that he has someone literally pulling him off the field nearly every play shows the dedication. Am I the only person who notices this?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What makes Clemson Football different than all the other 130 plus colleges?

Sep 20, 2017, 12:21 PM

Sadly, I think you are. I can think of a hundred reasons that makes Clemson football different than the 130+ "other" college football teams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 20, 2017, 12:28 PM

I think Coach V and the defense is certainly one major reason. I think Dabo is a major reason. The recruiting is tremendous. The development is incredible. And the execution on Saturdays nearly flawless. And I also think the Tiger fans should take a bow for their amazing enthusiasm and support of the program. This is a time when everything is jelling beautifully. GoooooTigers!!!!!

Sep 20, 2017, 12:55 PM

Coach V's quality and intensity as a DC is off the charts. My Sooner neighbor mentions it and shakes his head every single time I see him. It's simply undeniable.
However....why is Coach V here? The answer is Coach Swinney.........well, Coach Swinney plus Coach Stoops decided that nepotism was more important than doing his job.
Coach Swinney has built a program that stands for excellence. Excellence in the classroom, excellence in the community and excellence on the field. The excellence sells itself, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. I've been reading most of the summer about we lost this player and we lost that player. We didn't lose anybody......we graduated them.....big difference. It all starts with Coach Swinney, but it's about everybody. I think THAT is the difference.

D.J. Sha

Sep 20, 2017, 12:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Sep 20, 2017, 12:34 PM

Coach V is a key ingredient ... but by no means the whole recipe. Dabo's culture, his recruiting philosophy, and his ability to hire the right people for every spot are equally important. It is also critical that the football program is highly important to everyone up the ladder, including the Board, the President and the AD, and Dabo is largely responsible for that as well. I love Venables, but you overstated his importance when you said he was THE reason for our "difference" relative to others.

a million times eternity then add billion years***

Sep 20, 2017, 12:35 PM

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,975
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic