Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What are your thoughts on the Texas A&M
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

What are your thoughts on the Texas A&M

Jun 17, 2018, 9:43 PM

game? We will be the favorite as this is a game that we should win if we execute. Still, what are your overall thoughts about this game?

I see us playing relatively conservative on offensive, while sprinkling in more down field shots than a year ago. If we can limit the turnovers and execute on O, our D will hold up and will even create opportunity. This, along with solid kicking on our part should lead to a Tiger victory in a rowdy Kyle Field.

GO TIGERS!!!! Thoughts????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep going back and forth on it

Jun 17, 2018, 9:47 PM

Could see A&M coming out fired up and playing us tight in Jimbo's first real game as coach. I could also see them not having it figured out yet and we smoke them. Either way I believe we're leaving College Station 2-0

Re: What are your thoughts on the Texas A&M

Jun 17, 2018, 9:47 PM

Tigers 30-13 Pow!

Jun 17, 2018, 9:51 PM

3 E-T-N tds 3 fgs and a dominate defensive performance.

I've read Vegas has Tigers 14+ in every 2018 game

Jun 17, 2018, 10:00 PM

It can always change ... Defense should be improved. Point spreads will be all about QB play and play calls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2018, 10:03 PM

Jimbo will be stubbornly trying to install a pro style offense with a QB that has never run it and lineman still learning the protection schemes. Venables should have a field day. That being said, he will have not been there long enough to have run off any talent on the Oline, and his players will have not been around long enough to lose respect for him, so it could be an interesting game.

Clemson 24
AtM 13

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and cramps lots of cramps***

Jun 17, 2018, 11:14 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we will put a pop nut on their heads

Jun 17, 2018, 10:10 PM

Like Roy D Mercer

I'll be chanting sec sec sec

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2018, 10:36 PM

34-13 tigers with 7 of A&M's points coming against our 3rd team.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jun 18, 2018, 4:21 AM

I think we do the same thing we did on the road last year against Louisville and VATech and that’s throw the ball early and often. We’ll get a comfortable lead and run the ball and kill clock. Coach Swinney knows that the only way this team gives up points and loses is turnovers on offense. We will win every game if we don’t turn the ball over on offense.

Clemson 41
Texas A&M 13

My Texan A&M relatives expect one of the largest crowds

Jun 18, 2018, 5:37 AM

in stadium history, a heck of a fight, but have no delusions: they believe they are going to see one of the nation's premier teams open up a can of whoop as$ on their Aggies.

So do I...and I plan to be there with them to watch it!

GO TIGERRRRRRRRRRRRS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They would be correct... Enjoy the trip.***

Jun 18, 2018, 7:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2018, 6:47 AM

I'll just say this - playing TAMU at home is always a tough out, but I'm a little bit less worried about it now that Jimbo Fisher is their head coach.

Jun 18, 2018, 7:56 AM

First of all this will be a darn good ball game at first. I believe both running backs will be lights out...especially Travis Etienne. In fact, I think this is the game where he'll garner a ton of national attention based on his performance.

Final score: clemson 38 Texas a&m 13

Stats: Clemson (passing - 350) (rushing - 300)

Kelly Bryant 17-20, 225yd, 50 rushing, 3td combined

Trevor Lawrence 10-12, 125yd, 1td

Travis etienne 19-150yds, 2 catches-75 yds, 4td combined

A Bryant 2.5 sacks, 3 tfl

50-50

Jun 18, 2018, 8:18 AM

win or lose..but know Tigers have more talent, experience & coaching which should overcome loud crowd, heat & being visiting team.

CLEMSON in a scary tight game!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2018, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: What are your thoughts on the Texas A&M ]

First of all this will be a darn good ball game at first. I believe both running backs will be lights out...especially Travis Etienne. In fact, I think this is the game where he'll garner a ton of national attention based on his performance.

Final score: clemson 38 Texas a&m 13

Stats: Clemson (passing - 350) (rushing - 300)

Kelly Bryant 17-20, 225yd, 50 rushing, 3td combined

Trevor Lawrence 10-12, 125yd, 1td

Travis etienne 19-150yds, 2 catches-75 yds, 4td combined

A Bryant 2.5 sacks, 3 tfl

Wow....you've got em in playoff form the 2nd week in the season. You couldn't be more subjective could you?

Jun 18, 2018, 11:31 AM

Dog we are an elite program now. You should expect these type of stats on a weekly basis until we get to some of the tougher games on the schedule. Remember we have some of the brightest minds coaching on both sides of the ball.

A&M is a solid team...

Jun 18, 2018, 8:28 AM

but Clemson is among the nations elite.

Clemson wins by double digits

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jun 18, 2018, 9:00 AM

Boyz...this is a road game versus the SEC......it's not Syracuse...........oh, wait!

Jun 18, 2018, 9:06 AM

Going out to College Station for the game with my Aggie grad wife. Should be a good game early, but Tigers are definitely the more talented team and have greater depth.

She's not happy that Jimbo is their coach and cannot fathom why the administration would give him a 10 year contract.

She tells me that Kyle Filed will be rocking and it will be hot, but she's not confident that the Aggies can win. Unfortunately for her (or maybe fortunately), she'll be sitting in the Clemson section because she doesn't have any A&M ticket connections.

I say Tigers win 31-7.

None of you gave watched A&M have you?

Jun 18, 2018, 9:29 AM

It’s a very talented team in College Station. And thank heat/humidity is very real.

The Ags don’t lack talent as Sumlin was a good recruiter. Defensively they’ll be fine, and have enough players to shut us down if we decided to play KB. TL will stretch them like DW would, so he is a better option.

On offense, Starkle is a better passer, while Mond is s better scrambler. We will need to be prepped for both. Fortunately the biggest weakness on this team is their OLine.

TAMU was in every game they played last year as evidenced by the fact they played Bama better than we did. Sumlin coached not to lose and the team had no heart. Jimbo has been very vocal about changing the mental toughness of the team. And I think the he’ll do a good job this season, especially because the SEC West is down. (The needle is pointing down for LSU, MSU, OM, and Arkansas.)

As for the game vs Clemson, I expect it to be close early, and depending on who our QB is, could be close late. I worry about the lead counter play Jimbo has run with success against our Defense the last few seasons. Our DLine needs to own the game to quiet the crowd while we figure it out in offense.

I’ll take a win however it comes in this one. I could see us pulling away late, I could also see us keeping them in it with a few turnovers. Best case: 38-10, worst case 21-17. Clemson.

We are more talented, better coached, and the experience levels are even. They play the Sister of the Poor in week 1, so we won’t gave a good gauge of what they can do. I’m sure Jimbo will try to be as vanilla as possible, and BV will be probably be watching FSU film to prep for this game. All the pressure will be on us as we will likely be ranked in the top 3.

Regardless, we’ve lost to Pitt and Syracuse the last two season. We have no place to be overconfident vs anyone. Except the Coots. #### them.

Jun 18, 2018, 9:31 AM

They have a lot of issues on the offensive line. Their defense isn't bad, but nowhere near the talent of our defense. If the Tigers are firing on all cylinders then that game will get out of hand rather quickly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

The good news is, the entire OL returns this year...

Jun 18, 2018, 9:39 AM

the bad news is, their OL wasn't all that good last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

thoughts...I will be there

Jun 18, 2018, 10:12 AM

and it will be awesome!!!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2018, 12:21 PM

In my opinion, it all depends on how many points we can score on offense and how many points we can prevent on defense. If we score a lot of touchdowns/field goals I expect us to win. However, if they score alot then they will probably win. Our QB has to throw, receivers have to catch, and defenders have to tackle. If we don’t do those things then we probably lose.
Just my 2 sense.
Hope that helps!

Definitely a game we could lose. Lots of good athletes,

Jun 18, 2018, 12:59 PM

super tough environment. We SHOULD win, and will be expected to; there's a part of me that doesn't like that. I ain't skeered, but we'd better be ready.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I think we beat them but it's not going to be a cake walk.

Jun 18, 2018, 1:21 PM

Athlon has them ranked #25 preseason. They return 15 starters and currently have the #2 2019 recruiting class according to 247. They're is a lot of optimism with Jimbo.

He's changing the culture, is much more disciplined than Sumlin and they'll be ready for a fight. They've had top 20 recruiting classes the last 3 years in a row.

We take them by 13, but it'll be late in the game we take over.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic