Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We will see
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,518

We will see

Sep 24, 2017, 8:58 AM

More players kneel for the national anthem today than ever. I'm expecting whole teams, maybe even whole stadiums seated. I understand President Trumps disappointment with those players, but its not his place. This is just going to cause more resentment towards the government, and more division in society

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Star Spangled Banner is not about...

Sep 24, 2017, 9:49 AM

the POTUS. It is about the country, and the pride and respect the citizens should have for it. The point being is that if you are kneeling or sitting for it, you are showing disrespect for it - not a single person. When Trump is dead and long gone, the USA will still be here along with the national anthem. But all of our athletes feel like they are making a statement against the POTUS for doing it.

So, for those in the stands that REALLY know what the NATIONAL ANTHEM stands for stop coming to games and paying for their exhorbitant salaries, maybe these guys will begin to understand how free speech really works.

Re: The Star Spangled Banner is not about...

Sep 24, 2017, 10:07 AM

The statement they want to make doesn't have a thing to do with DT . It is a stance against percieved injustice , whether or not black people in this country are recieving fair and ethical treatment from officers of the law .
That is what the protest is about .

Just an observation , do not care whether NFL players sit or they stand , quite frankly .

I come from a long line of proud servicemen and 1 woman ...and it is my understanding that they are within their constitutional rights to do either , or to eschew any stance whatsoever . Persons who have died or were injured or served in non combat have stood up in large droves and agreed with these players ...it may not be what we all want to hear bit it's a fact ...they can do so if they choose to and we are to feel anyway we like about it .
Greatest country in the world protects certain individual freedoms , regardless of feelings being hurt or percieved slights one way or the other .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

If you can point out where...

Sep 24, 2017, 10:21 AM

I made any mention that they DON'T have a right to sit or kneel during the national anthem, I might be able to find some logic in your post.

And I've got family members from the service as well, but don't share the same opinion of their behavior... I'm sure there are other 100's of thousands that don't all agree with you. There is a proper time, place, and audience for their rightful protests, so they best not be surprised if they alienate their source of income with their misdirected "message".

Re: If you can point out where...

Sep 24, 2017, 10:28 AM

My original post wasnt actually about the players rights to stand sit or kneel. It was about trump going out of his way to divide the country.

Re: If you can point out where...

Sep 24, 2017, 10:33 AM [ in reply to If you can point out where... ]

I didn't say you said anything about their right to do so , I was just making certain that everybody is clear that the protest isn't about DT , it's about a percieved injustice.
Rest of my post was trying to relate what I take away from all this stuff going on , distracting us from football ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: We will see

Sep 24, 2017, 9:54 AM

Only in America could those players live the lives they do.
Instead of disrespecting this great country they need to be thankful.

Sep 24, 2017, 10:07 AM

The line in the song says land of the free. Free to stand free to kneel. That's what makes this country great.

Sep 24, 2017, 10:31 AM

Its all BS what they are kneeling for.
The way you live your life in this country is how you are treated.
Black , White , Green or Orange if you live a respectable life you will be respected.
Yeah in the past Black people were treated unfairly.
Yes it is shameful but that's just the way it was .
White people as a whole are not the problem now.
It's people that are living in the past and just don't realize how good they have it now.

Sep 24, 2017, 10:45 AM

I agree, but in their heart and mind what they are kneeling for is important. That's all that matters. There were people that thought what Rosa Parks done was BS, but it wasn't to her. I'm not saying I agree with disrespecting the flag. I just think the constitution gives us the right to protest however we feel is right. No matter how it's perceived. The president should keep his opinions to himself. He should commend these people for putting on a peaceful protest. He needs to worry more about those violent protesters out there, like in Charlottesville.

And the nfl will get less of my money than ever before

Sep 24, 2017, 9:59 AM

I don’t have to fund self entitled millionaires crying “woah is me, people disagree with my opinion”. The thing I don’t get is the people who don’t like trump put so much stock into what he says instead of ignoring it. I hate kaepernick, so anytime he says something I know it’s going to be a waste of everyone’s time and ignore it.

The “funny” thing in all this is the NFL is demanding respect for their players who show no respect to anyone. It is literally the equivalent of someone showing their ### and then acting offended when you call them out on it.

Message was edited by: 12BravoCU09

Somebody needs to compile and publish a list

Sep 24, 2017, 10:00 AM

So people know which jerseys not to buy

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Somebody needs to compile and publish a list

Sep 24, 2017, 10:15 AM

But only kids wear jerseys

Who does the buying, though?***

Sep 24, 2017, 10:27 AM