Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA looks legit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

UGA looks legit

Sep 23, 2017, 7:44 PM

I have not seen them play until now. I am not buying into the Miss State hype and going to act like they are beating up a great team, I am saying they have all of the pieces to find themselves in the playoff this year if they get some breaks. run defense, check, passing game, check. running game, spectacular.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA looks legit

Sep 23, 2017, 7:46 PM

I think they're on a bubble. Miss State beat up on LSU in a runaway game, but LSU really isn't that good. It's a Saturday night in Samford stadium and they could still lose.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Sep 23, 2017, 8:02 PM

Hate to say it but you're right. Unlike a lot of tigers I'm no dawg hater but I want them to be mediocre so we can continue to win the recruiting battles. But yes they look legit.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 9:02 PM

I live in GA. and work right down the street from UGA. They are building a pretty good team.
You are right about them hating us for recruiting their players. They were down right ticked about Deshaun... I get a lot of flack but I just show them the PAW!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give it a week

Sep 23, 2017, 8:28 PM

They'll show you what every UGA fan knows is just around the corner. The old lopsided loss to UK/Vandy/Mizzu. Never fails.

Re: Give it a week

Sep 23, 2017, 8:31 PM

it is a long season, I agree, but the defense is well coached and they are much better on offense than recent years.

Sep 23, 2017, 8:38 PM

Have a feeling Miss State wins by 3.

Message was edited by: keith75®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA looks legit***

Sep 23, 2017, 9:20 PM

Re: UGA looks legit***

Sep 24, 2017, 11:04 PM

I'm just glad a word came out of his mouth... that gif could have gone an entirely different direction.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:30 PM

Yes. Understand the post. Want to see how they finish this season. We've seen them play well for stretches before. 2012 vs Bama in sec title game. A better program gets better from a tough loss like that. Clemson did. Georgia didn't. Let's see how they end up doing this season. They have a favorable schedule but if they slip up it'll tell me a lot, i.e. Smart = Richt.

If they take care of business at Tenn, vs Florida, at Auburn, & at Tech - okay. This year, those are all very winnable games for a good college football team, especially one from the mighty SEC. Let's see how they do. I feel a Denny Green coming on - they are who we thought they were...

Sep 24, 2017, 11:34 PM

Defense full of seniors, they looked like they were flying around from what I watched. Still don't know if their o-line could hold up over 4 quarters against a good front 4

Sep 24, 2017, 11:40 PM

I have learned not to get global - especially with SEC teams - over one game. There's a lot of rock-paper-scissors going on in the SEC, and a team will look tremendous one week and completely mediocre or even bad the next. Which is another way of saying the SEC has a bunch of teams that are strong in a number of areas but most have glaring weaknesses that tend to get exposed over a full season.

Consider for a second that UGA threw all of twelve passes. The remainder of the time they just handed it off to that fleet of running backs. When called upon to throw, Fromm was decent, but what happens when he has to throw it 30 times because UGA is getting bricked at the LOS?

They abused Mississippi State at the LOS. It's always been the Starkville Bulldogs' problem...they just do not hold up well against bigger SEC squads.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:43 PM

good points, but they look like the most complete team in the east. They will need some breaks for sure, but so Far Kirby Smart has proven me and a lot of other people wrong. I also posted this when the score was 14-3 in the first quarter and did not make a judgement base on the final score. It was obvious to me at the time that this team does not resemble anything they have put on the field in recent memory. They have all the pieces to get it done and I would not have wanted to play them yesterday.

Sep 25, 2017, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA looks legit ]

Even more important were all of the 5 star recruits that witnessed it.

http://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/uga-5-star-recruiting-the-photos-from-georgias-big-win-look-very-promising

We don't typically have an issue recruiting against you

Sep 25, 2017, 3:51 PM

You got White this year, good on you.

For the most part, we get who we want out of GA.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fromm has looked good enough and will probably continue

Sep 25, 2017, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA looks legit ]

to get better. I only see one team on their schedule that can potentially shut down their running game enough to force Fromm to beat them and that's Auburn. And Auburn has plenty of their own offensive issues that they better fix before they go up against that Georgia defense.

Right now the only game i have a hard time seeing them winning is the potential SECCG against Bama. You're pretty much guaranteed to get stoned at the LOS against Bama. Anything more than 3.0 ypc against that group is uncommon so Georgia would definitely need a big game from Fromm to compete in that one, but everything else on the schedule looks really, really manageable. Tenn stinks, Vandy is still Vandy and they got run all over by Bama, Mizzou is one of the worst P5 teams in the country, Florida's run defense has taken a major step back this year, SCar sucks, Kentucky is decent but that game is at Sanford, and i think UGA has the defense to destroy GT's option this year.

Again, it's pretty much Auburn and maybe Florida left for them. Any other loss would really surprise me. The East just sucks again (except UGA).

Oh and Jacob Eason just got Wally Pipped. He may as well start looking for somewhere to transfer.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:40 PM

LSU was not some amazing win, LSU is horrible. The media tried to make that some kind of huge win for Miss St.
UGA played well, but time will tell. Heck, this weekend is huge for our Tigers. I personally believe this will be one for the ages. Just a gut feeling.

Sep 25, 2017, 12:18 AM

Guck Feorgia

That is All

You are kerrect.

Sep 25, 2017, 12:28 AM

Dawgs looked awsome.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2017, 11:28 AM

Don't really know how legit UGA is but they sure look to be the biggest turd in the toilet that is the SEC least. By all measures they should run through the East and go to the SEC champ game where they will be summarily curb stomped by Alabama.

Of course, Kirby Smart acts like a ###### with ants in his pants by constantly flailing around on the sideline looking confused during most games so UGA is good for at least one loss to a team they should dominate - just hope it ain't to USuC...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't know you were into football

Sep 25, 2017, 1:11 PM

Good to know.

I'm not sold on them yet.

Sep 25, 2017, 1:31 PM

I think they will win the east, but Bama looks like it would beat them by 14-17 in Atlanta in the SEC game. This is also assuming that UGA will get it done against UF. Their true freshman qb is in for a let down game.

First and foremost, ever since watching their Spring game

Sep 25, 2017, 1:40 PM

I thought Fromm should be the QB1. It's like the Aaron Murray/Matt Stafford deal, one has all the knowledge to make it work, one has the measurables and big arm. In that Big arm got Stafford in a lot of trouble until the last year or so, while Murray was always steady. Another school that made that mistake was Texas with Major Applewhite and Chris Simms. All Major did was win, but everyone loved that big arm and pedigree on Simms. I don't really care, who they play as long as they just wreck the chickens, but if it was me, Eason would hold a clipboard all season barring injury or a train wreck.

Yeah, definitely

Sep 25, 2017, 1:49 PM

time for them to choke.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic