Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Two of the better days of my life - the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Two of the better days of my life - the

Feb 22, 2018, 8:01 AM

Day I visited Clemson as a recruit and ate at the same round table as Homer Jordan -so nice and humble I couldn't believe it- William Perry, who wouldn't shut up, Jeff Davis and another guy I was introduced to I still can't remember his name. I think it was Dan Benish. Anyway I visited the McSwains in their dorm room where they kept shushing me because they were watching their "Story-"favorite soap on a black and white rabbit eared t v.
Danny Ford was on a recruiting trip, I was a small fish in comparison, and my Coach , a coot fan, was with me. But touring the campus and eating in the Tiger Den and seeing the facilities was incredible. All my Coach could do was ask recruiting questions he said to protect me. It was him being nosy and I half wanted Jeff Bryant to punch him in the chest for being an ###.
I took notes on the visit and dropped my pen. Homer picked it up and handed it to me. I still have that pen to this day.
I ultimately decided that since I wasn't going to be offered a scholarship I knew I wouldn't get much pt so I signed with a division 1aa school out of state. I was injured beyond being able to continue playing football as a sophomore but one day I always remembered was the one I accepted the invitation to visit Clemson the year they played for and won the National Championship.
The second great day was when Coach Bowden, who I became good friends with and still hold in high regard to this day, gave me a team bench pass to be on the sidelines for a game vs NC State in Raleigh. What a great but close win, the game was a track meet, and I'll never forget TB looking to Reggie Herring late in the game and pleading with him "can you stop them just one time? Just one! Can you possibly stop them and we will win this game!"
I didn't graduate from Clemson but over the years I've sent them a lot of money. Now my sons are about to go there and that is by their choice. They are slightly above average football players so that won't be why they are there. They were just brought up right by their mom - a Clemson graduate. Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shouldn't

Feb 22, 2018, 8:59 AM

this poast be in the personal bragging section? TIA

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope, is perfect in the Football section. Post about

Feb 22, 2018, 10:32 AM

football related activities creating a Clemson fan for life. Carry on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic