Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trevion Thompson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Trevion Thompson

Jan 23, 2019, 1:05 PM

I hate that he didn’t get a Senior Bowl invite but I think he’s really proved to be a realiable WR the later part of his career. Could make the most of his opportunity in the NFL like Jaron Brown and Adam Humphries did. I’ll keep an eye on him

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trevion Thompson

Jan 23, 2019, 1:31 PM

Trevion was an outstanding player to have on our team during his time.

I think the difference between him and the 2 NFL guys you listed is a little bit of athleticism.

His receiving skills are there but I think that is the reason he never made the jump into the starting lineup or got more PT while at Clemson.

I would love to see him get a shot, but I know he will excel in whatever is next in his life.

Jan 23, 2019, 2:11 PM

Thinking back over the years and things that Dabo has said - I have always thought that Trevion had all the skills you would want in a WR but was a late bloomer in terms of intensity in off season and in practice effort. That effort level sets the number of reps you get in games.

He gradually garnered reps through the season and Dabo said he would play in the NFL one day and was really coming on and then got the fractured wrist at the end of the season (2016 I think as a SO). That set him back for the off season and then it was Kelly's year a QB. Regardless of what you think about KB, our offense lost about 2/3s of the pass plays in 2017. Then TT is a senior this year with another outstanding group of WRs to compete with. And, same as two years ago, he came on strong late and had some clutch plays.

I think he is capable of making a team via free agency if that is where his heart wants to be.

Jan 24, 2019, 9:17 AM

He made some clutch plays for us and I appreciate his contributions!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic