Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Transfers, are they good or bad? We shall see...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,013

Transfers, are they good or bad? We shall see...

May 21, 2018, 10:23 PM

After speaking to a long time friend of mine who served with me, he told me that it was normal to have transfers when you're a top tier program like Clemson. He's an Alabama fan and said that it has become the norm at Alabama for many years. He said, we should expect to see much more of it, and that it isn't always a bad thing. It's really good when a 5 star stud transfers because he won't get enough playing time due to the one or two guys ahead of him on the depth charts. That simply means that for the upcoming season, your starter and back up are better than he is at that position and he needs to take his talents elsewhere.

The downside of transfers is that we aren't Bama, and we aren't allowed to over-sign a class like they are. They over-sign just about every year and players ride the bench. If a player is super talented and could possibly contribute they usually do not release that player either. They will let an above average player transfer, but with conditions. The ACC commissioner has banned any team in the conference from over-signing a class. How Bama does it is that they recruit heavy at every position and promise these young men everything under the sun. In reality, many great players will never see a single snap of college football. Of course over-signing and benching talented players for 3 years has a downfall as well. It pushes a lot of players to a program like Clemson because those who've done their research take inventory and realize that they may not play a single snap of College Ball if they attend Bama. This actually helps a guy who is like Coach Dabo. Dabo is loyal and dedicated to anyone he offers and doesn't not retract the offer unless a guy gets into trouble or fails class in High School. In short, the way Coach Swinney runs the program will have it's flaws, but in the long run will benefit the program as a whole.

The fact remains, that Best is The Standard and if you're not the best at Clemson then you will not play. By allowing a player to take his talents elsewhere, Coach Swinney is sending a message that if you commit to Clemson bring your best with you, and if you don't make it we will release you to try your luck elsewhere. I see no problem with separating the wheat from the tares.

SPOT THE BALL ALREADY! GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: Transfers, are they good or bad? We shall see...

May 21, 2018, 10:49 PM

Well i have to admit that having an honest coach that stands by his word is what I approve of more than just winning bc that is how I was raised, and the rules that I live my own life by. For a guy as myself coming up dirt poor, the way I was raised may not help me at becoming rich some day but, when I lay my head down at night, I'm asleep before my head is settled down in my pillow. Actually I'm asleep before I get through my prayers, and I'll have to finish them when ever I wake up sometimes during the night for a rest room stop before morning, and asking God to forgive me for falling asleep on him before my prayers were finished!!! Truth and honesty has always been my top priorities in my life, and if I suddenly fall dead, I will die with a clean conscious not needing to ask for any mortal forgiveness!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 10:52 PM

^^^^^ should be potd ^^^^^

Best I’ve read today!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 10:50 PM

Allowing players to transfer is ok but imo it should be some conditions. Sometimes being that loyal clouds your judgement and the best players don’t get to play. Well said and laid out.

Message was edited by: kerigantoo®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 10:57 PM

Why are we not allowed to TU two separate post by the same person back to back that had two post in the same thread?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our third team QB and our #6 or #7 DT transfered

May 21, 2018, 11:10 PM

I don’t see it as a big issue. If the QB was our starter he wouldn’t be transferring and I don’t really think the DT would have transfered if he was in the 2 deep.

In my opinion this issue is being caused by the recruiting services and their rankings, they have some of these kids believing they deserve a staring job based on their ranking. When FSU was on their 14 year run of Top 5 finishes they started QB’s that had at least 3 years in the program. Today kids give up and transfer after one season of not starting, especially at QB. Very few top rated high school QB’s stay at their original college for more than two years if they aren’t starting, and only a small % have success after transferring.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our third team QB and our #6 or #7 DT transfered

May 21, 2018, 11:20 PM

Now that you have brought it, I will agree that you are 100% correct. Most NFL QB's from 10 years past were only a One year starting QB in college, and the same goes for QB's that has won a NCG!!!But the fact still remains that we had at least one to many Elite QB's that if the had signed with lesser college program would have started after their TF year at those lesser programs, and some would have started as a TF!!!

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,013
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic