Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The question that remains unanswered by those in the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,170

The question that remains unanswered by those in the

Mar 21, 2019, 5:02 PM

"lack of resource/support" crowd for basketball is... "Why does BB get a pass b/c of that, after recent coaches had success here, with the same issues?"

That is all I want to know. I like Brad, and have supported him often. But, after year 9, why do people want to use this to continue to give him a pass? Barnes and OP leaving us is irrelevant. Barnes went to the NCAAT in 3 of four years. OP went his last three years, after a steady rebuild each year following Shyatt.

Someone please tell me why Brownell gets a pass, 9 years in, based on "resources and support".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody gets a pass after 9 years. That's absurd.

Mar 21, 2019, 5:26 PM

At some point you can't escape your record, no matter the reasons.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Nobody gets a pass after 9 years. That's absurd.

Mar 21, 2019, 5:46 PM

I agree though I like Brad personally and think he is a decent coach. The rationale I could see being used is that if a couple close games out of the many we were in had fallen his way we would have been in. Now I also think if you look at it that way this team was senor laden. Two years ago we did the same thing with younger guys in close games. I cant get past us having the experience which he said we needed and still continually falling short. DRad is certainly closer to it than me but I think I'd have a big problem with that aspect

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2019, 5:58 PM

Think you could use the close games argument had he been in a couple more times.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2019, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Nobody gets a pass after 9 years. That's absurd. ]

You need to explain that to all those on TNet holding passes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s really the only thing I hate about the basketball situation

Mar 21, 2019, 5:47 PM

is the excuses.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,170
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic