Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The only thing I don't like about the new business college
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

The only thing I don't like about the new business college

Jul 17, 2018, 3:52 PM

building is a big one. Although I love the design of the building, I was imagining a buiilding sitting atop that beautiful hill that has always been across the street from Bowman Field. Instead, they just completely did away with the hill. It is no longer there and the building is on flat land right at the street. So even though the building was greatly needed and is pretty, the plans did away with the whole green look of driving into town an not only that, changed the topography. It is somewhat hard to believe they did that.

http://www.clemson.edu/webcams/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Slash and burn

Jul 17, 2018, 3:55 PM

and dig and level.

yes, can't believe they got approval to level that instead

Jul 17, 2018, 4:48 PM

of build to the existing hill. That was a beautiful trait of the campus and it is just completely gone. As flat as downtown Columbia.

Re: The only thing I don't like about the new business college

Jul 17, 2018, 5:03 PM

Looks terrible! "Progress"
at the expense of natural beauty and tradition. I don't like it. And "kid, get off my lawn!"

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2018, 5:08 PM

Wonder how much of the total cost of the project was the hauling away of all that soil. Hope they stockpiled it on Clemson property and did not give it to the contractor so he could sell it for top soil.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2018, 6:38 PM

Top soil? It's all worthless clay. Might pass for fill somewhere, hopefully somewhere on campus that needed it.

The didn't even leave any room for green between the highway

Jul 17, 2018, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: The only thing I don't like about the new business college ]

and the building, let alone the fact that they completely removed the hillside.

They paved paradise and put up a parking lot.***

Jul 17, 2018, 5:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Probably won'e even be any landscaping. Check this out

Jul 17, 2018, 5:24 PM

the new core campus building landscaping could not be uglier. There simply is none, and what are those sticks coming out of the ground. It is getting to the point you'd think they's accidentally put up a decent looking building with landscaping, but they're still ofer. And we are a horticultural school?

http://www.clemson.edu/webcams/

Jul 17, 2018, 6:22 PM

Even as a current student, I can agree with y’all that I don’t like the new renovations. Taking away the small town feel we all love for what reason??

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

to make room for more empty apartment complexes***

Jul 17, 2018, 6:28 PM

Jul 17, 2018, 6:40 PM

The only reason I can think of for doing this is making it much more ADA accessible. I would have preferred it on the hill but oh well. This will also preserve the "skyline" of Clemson.

Sad!***

Jul 17, 2018, 7:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Developers messed up little Village of Davidson NC (college) by putting up huge bldgs

Jul 17, 2018, 7:36 PM

And I’ve always thought Clemson’s modern bldgs looked cheap compared to modern bldgs @ Chapel Hill plus they blend in well with the older bldgs there..

surprising since Clemson has an Architectural School & not sure if they do.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, very surprising. we do have an architecture school and

Jul 17, 2018, 8:52 PM

horticulture. I was really looking forward to a pretty new building on that hill where Clemson House used to be.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic