Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The main question I have after today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

The main question I have after today

Sep 23, 2017, 7:48 PM

Is do the coaches trust Bryant throwing the ball? Doesn't seem so to me and that is a concern going forward. Our offensive line did not play great but Bryant also has to get rid of the ball earlier. I hope next week is a different game plan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dead on.***

Sep 23, 2017, 7:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The main question I have after today

Sep 23, 2017, 7:49 PM

Bryant is our guy. Our O-line was giving up the pocket and that's the problem to fix.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

in no way am I advocating for a QB

Sep 23, 2017, 7:51 PM

Change. It just doesn't seem to me that they trust Bryant to make the right or an accurate throw. So much run, run, pass in a tight game. Never opened it up. And yes, the O-line was not the best, but Bryant also held the ball too long on numerous plays.

Re: in no way am I advocating for a QB

Sep 23, 2017, 7:52 PM

He did, but we can hope this was the game where he learns about pocket collapse and the timing and how to react.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Sep 23, 2017, 7:50 PM

Mine is the OL. Crowder came out at one point limping. I hope they are all healthy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These close games are why we won the last Championship.***

Sep 23, 2017, 7:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tested

Sep 23, 2017, 7:52 PM

??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't disagree. But seemed to me

Sep 23, 2017, 7:53 PM [ in reply to These close games are why we won the last Championship.*** ]

They were calling plays for Bryant not to lose the game rather than to go out and win the game. It worked out but we are going to need Bryant to primarily throw in a few games the rest of the way.

I am glad we can run.

Sep 23, 2017, 8:32 PM

Run will set up the pass. If they can't stop the run, why pass? Dominate time of possession and grind the D down.

Sep 23, 2017, 7:56 PM

I don't normally go into this type of discussion as I trust our coaching staff, but on several plays today where the ball was tipped, it seemed like Kelly was stepping up into the B.C.pass rush, and they were to disrupt his timing.

Sep 23, 2017, 7:57 PM

(should have read )able to disrupt his timing.

Sep 23, 2017, 7:57 PM

BC’s phenomenal punter cut our playbook in half much of the time with field position. Combine that with the intention of controlling TOP and it made for predictable play calling and frequent blitzing. It was good to have to work through some of that this week. Much better than trying to work through it next week on the road.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2017, 8:08 PM

They did put us at a disadvantage field wise several times. That said the right side of the OL struggled and the first INT was on 75. They came on late but was an a$$ kicking from their DL early. Haven't seen that in a long time from the OL. I trust it gets better.

Sep 23, 2017, 8:02 PM

What a joke. BC beat southern Illinois by 3 and lost to wake by 20

And NIU beat Nebraska, and Wake is 4-0

Sep 23, 2017, 8:18 PM

Even with the struggles of the offense throughout the first 3 quarters, we did win the game by 27 points.

Go back and celebrate your last second 1 point win over LA Tech coot.

We won

Sep 23, 2017, 8:04 PM

I will analyze things (not that anyone cares) when when we lose. We have not done much of that lately.

Right on! A lot of these people need to take up

Sep 23, 2017, 8:27 PM

badminton, not ready for big boy football unless we are ahead by 3 TDs at the end of 1st quarter!

Sep 23, 2017, 8:16 PM

We did throw the ball 20+ yards 4 or 5 times, but we weren't completing them. Also, it looked like there were a handful of pass plays that were called where KB ended up scrambling. The pocket collapsed on a few of them, but there were also a couple of times where he could have stepped up in the pocket and avoided the pressure. That is a skill that comes with experience so hopefully he will improve his pocket awareness as he continues to gain experience.

He wasn't nearly as accurate today with the ball as he has been either (his int earlier in the year was on a tipped ball). He overthrew a couple of deep balls, overthrew the ball on his 2nd Int, and he was floating the ball on the quick outside screens. Considering that he his accuracy has been very good for the 3 games prior to today, I feel confident that he will work through the problems he had today.

My guess is that they trust him as much as they

Sep 23, 2017, 8:31 PM

Trusted TB10 with throwing.

Take the deep shots, but hesitant with much over the middle. The other piece is KB2 can run like no other And that is what the coaches really want to see!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic