Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tacky alert!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Tacky alert!

Sep 24, 2017, 10:55 PM

I noticed something at this week's game that I did not notice at the Kent State or Auburn games. There are now barriers between the bench area and the stadium wall, between the teams and the wall. I guess after 120 years we suddenly need to separate these two areas. I guess the bench passes no longer do the trick.

Although I have not seen any other school provide this separation, unless you count Georgia's hedges and wall between the teams and fans. Anyway, Clemson has decided that on the visitor side stark white separate parade barrier look nice. It gives the feel that a parade is about to break our, or perhaps a riot is brewing. ON the home side, the street barriers are adorned with orange tarp with white tiger paw. Don't ask me why, but somehow this looks tackier than the visitor side. As I see other stadiums at field side get prettier, even Duke's looks much better lately, we take a huge step back with this set up. I man a huge step back. We bricked the walls and column topped them which was a nice improvement, but any further aesthetics never followed. Still, it looked fine until this latest addition.

This is the tackiest move to come along since that season they thought it would be a good idea to put little tent knee-high advertisements all in a row across the end-zone for Bi-lo. One side had a tiger face on it and the other side had bi-lo.

I wonder why no other stadium this year has these beautiful parade crowd barriers between the team benches and the stadium wall. Maybe because they look truly hideous.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you bother finding out why they're their?***

Sep 24, 2017, 11:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

N, I just know that for over a hundred years they were

Sep 26, 2017, 6:12 PM

not needed. I can't imagine why they would be needed on just one weekend. If that were the case, it would be great news. I have a feeling they are there to stay.

Re: N, I just know that for over a hundred years they were

Sep 26, 2017, 6:47 PM

Death Valley isn't 100 years old .
Heyall, plastic is only like sebendy .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 26, 2017, 8:38 PM [ in reply to N, I just know that for over a hundred years they were ]

They need them because there are so many sideline passes given out + the tv crew. A solution would be to limit the number of sideline passes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2017, 1:40 AM [ in reply to N, I just know that for over a hundred years they were ]

I did not realize you were that old.?????? Nothing personal I just can't sleep so I thought I would post something sarcastic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tacky alert!

Sep 26, 2017, 6:26 PM

Something on campus you think looks bad?

Color me shocked.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2017, 6:39 PM

I work on the field during games and the reason for the new barriers is that the people on the sidelines have been encroaching on the bench area more and more.

The coaches need to have room to discuss what the players are seeing on the field and this is hard to do when you have so many people crowding around the bench. With the success we have had over the past several years there has been more and more people on the sideline.

One incident that I observed was when Kelly Bryant was injured in the Auburn game. The medical team was working on him and a ESPN cameraman was inside the bench area recording what the medical personnel were doing with Kelly. I mean he had the camera in the doctors face as well as KB's face. The doctor ripped into the cameraman about it and pushed the camera back. The cameraman said don't touch the camera and lunged back toward the doctor. Needless to say he was pushed out of the bench area quickly and several Clemson officials went over and had a spirited discussion with this cameraman. I looked for him at the Boston College game, but I didn't see him on the field for that one.

Thank you for the informative explanation***

Sep 26, 2017, 8:41 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then suspend them form the sidelines, revoke their

Sep 28, 2017, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Tacky alert! ]

sideline pass. Put people down there to monitor, but don't ruin the whole look of the stadium at field level with that tacky setup. Build a permanent or grow a living separation that looks decent, but not the cattle bars that lined up all straggling.

Sep 26, 2017, 6:49 PM

As an interested fan , how much time during our hard fought game would you say you spent looking at these new barriers ?

DB23

Well he had to first check to see if the band was

Sep 26, 2017, 11:44 PM

dressed to suit him and then look up to Littlejohn to see if the remodeling was still unacceptable.

I concur

Sep 26, 2017, 7:02 PM

Was not just ugly, but a distraction every time I looked at that sideline. Might as well just string up chicken wire

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I concur

Sep 26, 2017, 7:04 PM

What in the world are you two staring at? You know they play a football game on the actual field right?

Re: I concur

Sep 26, 2017, 7:09 PM

The tacit barriers are also in the way at the corner near the ticket office. I think they are setting up a hollow even maze.

Heavy handed

Sep 26, 2017, 8:31 PM

Looks a bit heavy handed and unnecessary. Did you happen to see Iowa stadium Saturday night? We are better than needing cattle rails on the sidelines and on the hill. Looks ridiculous and seems to be an overreaction.

Sep 26, 2017, 8:47 PM

Not sure if these barriers are becoming commonplace on college sidelines or not but the first time I noticed them was at the Louisville game. They were behind both the Louisville and Clemson benches.

Sep 26, 2017, 8:48 PM

Good grief. Due to health reasons, I can't attend games and climb steps. But it is possibly a blessing that I get a enjoy a big screen 4K TV with surround sound 5.1 and a Lazy Boy recliner. Refreshments are only a few feet away. Life is good, and I don't have to look at those - whatever they are. :)

Guessing you've never worked in event management.***

Sep 26, 2017, 8:53 PM

LOL. So if he wroked in event managment he would like the

Sep 26, 2017, 9:49 PM

way they changed the look and feel of the stadium?

Too much dang security too. I'm all about safety and protecting us from terrorists and whatnot, but what's with the national guard or whatever they had in there on Saturday?

Sep 26, 2017, 9:04 PM

Didn't somebody photoshop a sideline pass recently. I'd imagine security is gonna start tightening down on the field area.

Sep 26, 2017, 9:55 PM

I noticed them too and thought they were in part being used as a runway for the camera boom so they don't run people over. I also saw the cameraman darn near get hauled off the field for getting into the medical tent. Probably too many non essential people down there, gotta protect the players

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic