Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Standing for the National Anthem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Standing for the National Anthem

Sep 25, 2017, 1:32 AM

Standing for the national anthem is an act of respect, that's why we do it. It's like bowing your head during prayer. Doing anything otherwise is just disrespectful, that's why it's upsetting to the overwhelming majority of Americans. If you want to protest racism, find another way to do it. You'll surely have my support. Using a shocking disrespectful act to bring attention to anything is just lazy.
How about the disrespectful athletes spend their time or money on their causes? They're millionaires, they can afford to take out ads on National TV for God-sake. Heck they're platform is so elevated that if they protested outside of the Whitehouse or anywhere for that matter it would make national news. Maybe they should talk to JJ Watt. Look how much attention his efforts got him. Spend time on it Mr Entitled Disrespectful Athlete, stop being lazy. Mr Jarret, Mr Lawson and Mr Maxwell I'm talking to you!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Standing for the National Anthem

Sep 25, 2017, 2:49 AM

Be sure to address Jarrett, Lawson and Maxwell directly when they are back at Clemson for a game, I'm sure they would love to have the dialogue in person...

As for the prayer reference, scripture actually implores us to watch and pray and does not suggest bowing the head and closing eyes... Watching and drinking from the brook was the test for the 300 that completed Gideon's army...

But above all else, we all should be more concerned with the issue rather than the method that called attention to the issue. As long as we debate the method, the issue won't get resolved... With this in mind, have you joined the call to address the issue?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The issue is that the problem never gets addressed

Sep 25, 2017, 5:57 AM

kneeling for the national anthem is a diversion from individuals taking responsibility for their own actions, or the consequence of. Kneeling in unity. I wager that is you put all of these guys in a room and asked them to write 3 things that we should be in unity on, we would have a very diverse list. That's assuming that the colleges they came from taught them how to write in complete sentences.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Sep 25, 2017, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Standing for the National Anthem ]

So you're an internet tough guy. Ok I promise if they come back to any block c events and I see them, I will have the discussion if they are willing to listen. I do however seriously doubt they will.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not a tough guy at all

Sep 26, 2017, 6:23 PM

as demonstrated by my demeanor and comments... but a big issue in all of this is listening, which in some respects you may not have done. you assert that you will speak your piece if they are willing to listen, but are you willing to listen when they speak their piece? this is where a lot of the impasse resides; one places emphasis on the disparity while the other only addresses method that calls attention to the disparity. As many have said including Dabo and yourself, that you would rather that another method be used to call attention to the issue. I submit that the other methods that you suggest failed to get the needed attention.

Rosa Parks refused her seat not because she didn't like public transportation, she refused to give up her seat because it was a disparity in the reason for giving up her seat. besides, any man that would make a woman give up her seat so that he can sit is not worthy to be a man. unions were not formed because people didn't like their work, but that the conditions of their work was either dangerous, not fair financially to the works or other reasons relative to working conditions. the issue of misuse and abuse of police powers is a condition that needs to be addressed that doesn't get the attention that it deserves, and police forces are an arm of government, so, by association, the protests are protests against the lack of attention by the government to address the issue and not a protest against the military or even police departments as a whole. it is only pointing to the condition of police abuse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet the supposed reason for protesting is all built on lies,

Sep 25, 2017, 6:55 AM

but no one wants to discuss the FACTS and / or the inconvenient truth because it goes directly against their political narrative!!
https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/the-danger-of-the-black-lives-matter-movement/
Liberals pray on the uneducated thru the use and abuse of emotional outcry, most often without substance or basis!! They sold Obamacare via emotions (you're gonna save $2500, grandma's gonna die, etc!) yet the numerous and obvious lies were exposed over time!

Now . . . back to Tiger football and beat VT!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"but no one wants to discuss the FACTS"?????

Sep 25, 2017, 9:26 AM

Then you post an article by Heather MacDonald? That lady has often been accused of playing fast and loose with the facts and cherry-picking studies that disagree with her premise to find one line that backs her agenda.

Isn't that how most journalists on both sides do it?***

Sep 25, 2017, 10:18 AM

Sep 25, 2017, 9:36 AM

"Racism" is a term invented by Leon Trotsky to help rally the proletariat into butchering the bourgeoisie. It was highly effective. Let's stop using it, k?

The bulk of yesterday's protests were in response to our

Sep 25, 2017, 10:28 AM

POTUS race baiting his base by wrapping himself up in a neat little patriotic red, white and blue wrap and podium thumping. On top of that, he pulled the authoritarian card and started actual threats in the form of boycotts and urging that people get fired from their jobs. Of course, at the time, it was only a handful of people - makes it easier to bully someone when the odds are largely on your side.

When did the National Anthem become only a symbol of support for veterans? That's what I've seen over and over on this issue, which I find to be a subverted message and smokescreen on the matter. Yes, our freedoms and liberties today are due in large part to many ultimate sacrifices in that area, but they are also due in large part to civilian sacrifices made right here at home, many of those ultimate as well. A national anthem embraces all of this, plus our historic struggle against tyranny and oppression in any form.

It's ironic that when Kaepernick started this I was completely against it. It was a selfish act where he put himself above his team, and being a millionaire athlete there were a number of channels he could have poured himself into on the issue. After seeing our POTUS subvert this into a political opportunity for himself, however, complete with the bombastic threats, finger-pointing, and directives, I support any and all who took that step over this weekend. Knowing the POTUS, he will double down further on this, thus I support a doubling down in response.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic