Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So far the answer to a sputtering offense has been
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

So far the answer to a sputtering offense has been

Sep 24, 2017, 4:24 AM

a steady diet of TNT. Maybe we should start out with that against VaTech. BTW, I think Etienne will win the Heisman next year or the year after.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I completely agree!

Sep 24, 2017, 5:39 AM

They are nothing like what was being hyped pre-season. Pollard and Anncrum(sp?) have hardly shown up yet this season.

Re: So far the answer to a sputtering offense has been

Sep 24, 2017, 5:42 AM

Wow..just wow.

Sep 24, 2017, 6:04 AM

Wow!...If you can actually look at that units play as a whole and NOT ask some serious questions moving forward, then you are a hopeless, unreasoning homer. No matter the final score, this wasn't how any of us thought it would be.

Sep 24, 2017, 6:15 AM

"Look at that units play as a whole" OK, let's look at this unit's play as a whole.

First downs: Clemson 27 BC 12
Rushing YDS: Clemson 342 BC 97
Passing YDS: Clemson 140 BC 141
Total YDS: Clemson 482 BC 238
Plays: Clemson 84 BC 66
3rd down conversions: Clemson 8-16 BC 4-16

Sooooooo, as a whole, as in playing 4 full quarters instead of quitting after 3 quarters, I'd say Clemson pretty much won the game. Let's throw in that Clemson has a target on its back and will get everyone's best shot. VT has played one decent team, WV, who just gave up 500+ total yards to possibly the worst power 5 team in the country, including 367 yards rushing. Is VT talented? Yes. Will Clemson work on the little things that didn't go right yesterday? Yes. You're what we call "negative Nancy". Not calling you a coot but you sure post like one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1

Sep 24, 2017, 7:24 AM

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on this one. Always bringing unnecessary negativity to our board.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: +1

Sep 24, 2017, 7:25 AM

Sometimes, people post like drunk teenagers. When they sober up, they will be fine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 6:15 AM [ in reply to Re: So far the answer to a sputtering offense has been ]

If you look at it as a whole you see 34-7 and a dominant performance by the defense while the offense stuggled through 3 quarters then absolutely laid it on them in the 4th .

What y'all are doing is not looking at the game yesterday as a whole . Sort of narrowing the inconsistent play from our offense down is what I believe you're up to . Got no problem with it by the way , but as a whole , we whooped em .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 24, 2017, 5:53 AM

Sputtering to 34 points .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 24, 2017, 7:27 AM

I know right. The offense plays three sloppy quarters and now we have "issues". The best offense in the country last year wasn't always firing on all cylinders either. Even our DW4 led offense "sputtered" in the early season. I get tired of these guys bringing this crapto our board.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 7:28 AM [ in reply to Re: So far the answer to a sputtering offense has been ]

These first four games are like '16 deja vu...at least comment-wise. Some things/comments/drama never change.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 8:32 AM

Saturday was a madhouse for teams that were supposed to win handily.

#2 Tigers tied in 4th quarter win by 27, four touchdowns.

#3 Oklahoma 35-31 going into 4th win by 8.

#4 Penn State 15-7 going into 4th win by 2 on very last play, shouldn't have won.

#5 USC tied going in 4th win by 10

#6 Oklahoma St. just plain got beat.

I think the Tigers did well to finish strong when tied in the forth quarter.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And then there's Bama winning 59-0

Sep 24, 2017, 8:35 AM

They are going to be #1 until they lose, regardless of what we do the rest of the season.

Sep 24, 2017, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: So far the answer to a sputtering offense has been ]

"#4 Penn State 15-7 going into 4th win by 2 on very last play, shouldn't have won."

Please refer to the Orange Crush pass from DW4 to HR13 in the natty. And to think there are people who say "Clemson shouldn't have won."

Whether you win or lose, the game is 60 minutes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 9:00 AM

> "#4 Penn State 15-7 going into 4th win by 2 on very
> last play, shouldn't have won."
>
> Please refer to the Orange Crush pass from DW4 to
> HR13 in the natty. And to think there are people who
> say "Clemson shouldn't have won."
>
> Whether you win or lose, the game is 60 minutes.

Correct, I meant I wished they hadn't won.

The pass to Renfrow was a well executed play.

The pass for Penn St. was thrown into a very tight window with desperation not in confidence.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really tough to win a Heisman as a RB unless youre

Sep 24, 2017, 8:34 AM

an overrated Bama media darling that gets 30+ carries a game.

The reason we could grind it out...

Sep 24, 2017, 8:34 AM

and wait on the O to wear them down was the lack of offense (our D).

For Va Tech, they will load up the box to try and take away the run, just like BC. We have to hold them down while we wear them out, and KB has to come out on top rather than flat. Going to be a tough game.

Go Tigers!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic