Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Richt & Miami....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,561

Richt & Miami....

Oct 20, 2017, 10:07 PM

Richt couldn't get over the hump at UGA. He had 3 teams that were standing on the edge and peering into the championship, in 2002, 2007 and 2012. But each time, they screwed up somewhere, or they met a team that was just a little better. His teams just weren't mentally tough enough when the whole country was watching.

But at Miami, Richt is in a division where he can dominate. The only program in the Coastal that will consistently challenge him is VT, and Miami can out-recruit them without even leaving South Florida. At Georgia, he had to deal with Florida, Bama, Auburn, UT, and Clemson all dipping into his state. In South Florida, I think he can lock down the best players, and have no competition from his own division.

I guess what I'm saying is that Miami will finally start to dominate that side of the conference...the one I'm on, unfortunately. It's not that I think Richt is a super coach. He's a good, solid coach. Combine that with Miami's recruiting backyard, and I think they'll finally become an ACC power.

You will probably face them this year in the ACCCG. Clemson is better than Miami this year. But watch out. They have it going on right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have no fear, my little winged

Oct 20, 2017, 10:13 PM

pest.

Richt will always find some way to stink it up. Even with his stable of South Florida super thugs.

Re: Have no fear, my little winged

Oct 20, 2017, 10:18 PM

I think you're right, at least when he's forced to face a team or equal talent. Richt teams usually out-talented 9 to 10 teams a year in Athens. With Miami, that differential will be even more, because the rest of the Coastal is very weak.

And if FSU doesn't get their act together, he'll start dominating them, too. Right now, the only program that will punk Miami in the ACC is probably Clemson.

Now, once he faces a program like an Alabama in a bowl game, he'll get killed. And Kirby is building something in Athens that I never saw with Richt. It's too early to draw conclusions on Kirby. But his team looks scary this year.

Good Morning smitty

Oct 21, 2017, 7:57 AM

I, for one, must say I believe your assessment or analysis to be pretty accurate. But I don’t believe you need me to inform you that doesn’t really mean anything or amount to much, do I? Plus, this IS the Clemson site.... hth? ??

IMHO, I think the deciding factor for Richt returning the U back to their previous stature will be if he can change from his uga persona, and become a coach who will embrace the thuggery persona that made the U what it ‘was’. Although I do believe there was something missing in his ‘coaching ability’ that prevented him from consistently competing for sec Championships, with all the talent he had, while at uga.

As for Smart, HE worries me. He appears to be capable of recruiting well from the extremely fertile football hotbed of talent in Georgia. The population growth (boom) there in the past 30 years has put Georgia’s football talent on par with Florida, California, and Texas, if you ask me. Having lived in Atlanta for those 30 years, uga and Athens is a HUGE draw for a LOT of those kids, so Kirby’s job there is made that much easier. The question for me is whether or not he can bring (or is bringing) some of that ‘saban method and success’ to uga?

Lawd, I hope NOT!! (For my fellow tnetters who think the coots are obnoxious, having lived among dawg fans most of my adult life, when they win, they are much worse....).

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Good Morning smitty

Oct 21, 2017, 8:21 AM

Good Morning.

I'm just bringing up the Richt topic, as I saw another thread about Miami vs Cuse.

I still think Clemson is far and away the best program in the conference. I just think that Miami is going to rise up in the near future. You guys might start playing them every year in the ACCCG.

Exactly.

Oct 21, 2017, 8:28 AM

This class looks really good and it is ranked 2nd in the nation.

https://miami.rivals.com/commitments/football/2018

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,561
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic