Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Random thought Tigers vs Gators all-time stuff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,255

Random thought Tigers vs Gators all-time stuff

Oct 23, 2018, 5:07 PM

Little selfish, but maybe some of y’all would like to see these two start playing each other, I would absolutely love it.

All-time stuff relating to Tigers vs Gators:
Gators hold the advantage in wins against the Clemson Tigers. There have been 13 meetings between the 2 schools with the Gators winning 9 of those games, CU winning 3, and 1 tie. The Gators had the longest winning streak which was 6.
A very interesting note, the Gators have only played at Clemson twice out of the 13 meetings.

That last stat is why I’d like a chance to see these two schools start playing again. I believe they last played was in ‘78 but I could be wrong.
The reason why I brought this up? Well I’ve been living in Florida for a good 6 years now and I just think it’s a great OOC game that completely makes sense. It kind of baffles me they have only played 13 times, right? I really believe Dan Mullen was a great hire and I could totally see this becoming an awesome out of conference rivalry, give me your thoughts, I’d love to debate it.
If you look up the stats we are close in some big stat areas, The Gators really didn’t do much until Spurrier came to town. If we came bring home the title this year we would be tied in national championships.
Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson and Florida have not played since 1961

Oct 23, 2018, 12:31 AM

All but two of the 13 meetings were played in Jacksonville or Gainesville.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Clemson and Florida have not played since 1961

Oct 23, 2018, 2:05 AM

In my post I did say only 2 were played in Clemson. But thank you sir, having said that would you like to see Clemson and the Gators start playing each other? I really believe in could benefit both schools, fan support is very good for both and it’s gotta be only 450 miles away.
I’d really like to know how tnetters feel about getting this to happen.
Pros and cons

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you look at the Gator's history...

Oct 23, 2018, 8:28 AM

generally speaking, the team rarely leaves the state of Florida when playing out-of-conference opponents.

Bowl games notwithstanding (most of which were played in the state of FL too), Florida has only played an OOC opponent outside the state of Florida two times in the last thirty years. Once at Syracuse in 1991 and a neutral site game in 2017 against Michigan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

If I am not mistaken,

Oct 23, 2018, 7:45 AM

UF doesn't do home and away OOC games as they don't travel out of the state of FL except for conference games. I didn't verify this thru research but believe it to be true for the past couple of decades.

I would not mind playing them once in a while as we have done with other sec teams. If you recall, Charlie Pell left Clemson for UF back in the day. Said he could never win a championship at CU - I guess we see he was shortsighted!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Random thought Tigers vs Gators all-time stuff

Oct 23, 2018, 8:46 AM

Old but I think the trend has continued:

https://www.tomahawknation.com/2015/5/27/8651255/fsu-uf-out-of-conference-out-of-state

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,255
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic