Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our hardest game this year is @BC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1,514

Our hardest game this year is @BC

Aug 16, 2018, 9:45 AM

Prove me wrong.

They're better than FSU or A&M (THIS year). I predict a win but I think it will be our toughest game. It's at that time of year where injuries could be nagging us and they have their best roster in years. They'll be 8-1 or 7-2 and ranked somewhere around 15, and a loss the week before @VT could have them all riled up. O-line and D-line better eat their wheaties before that game!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our hardest game this year is @BC***

Aug 16, 2018, 9:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

If they cant beat VT, they wont bother us any.***

Aug 16, 2018, 9:49 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If they cant beat VT, they wont bother us any.***

Aug 16, 2018, 9:51 AM

Since we are double digit favorites in EVERY game, I'm going to see this as a 3-4 TD victory. By the time we get to BC, this team will be rolling!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our hardest game this year is @BC

Aug 16, 2018, 9:51 AM

Aug 16, 2018, 9:53 AM

It's certainly not the coots. I feel A&M will be our toughest game, followed by FSU, then BC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

@ FSU is easily the hardest

Aug 16, 2018, 10:02 AM

They finally have a coach to play for. They're the only team we play that is just as talented. We're at their place. It's been down to the wire the past 2 seasons. That game will be a lot closer than most of you think.

BC will be a cake walk compared to FSU. The talent gap is huge and it's not a trap game.

Careful. Walt will log on here and start screaming at you.***

Aug 16, 2018, 1:35 PM

There's no way Willie puts everything back together that fast

Aug 16, 2018, 2:30 PM [ in reply to @ FSU is easily the hardest ]

It will take him a year or two. They proved last year that a talent gap can still have you begging to reschedule a cupcake game you missed just so you can be freaking bowl eligible.

For the record, I think FSU is easily the second toughest game and I think they'll be better than last year. But BC has already knows Adazio's system, they're tougher in the trenches and AJ Dillon might be the best player in the ACC.

Aug 16, 2018, 9:55 AM

I almost think BC will beat VT this year. I am surrounded by VT fans and my wife works at VT. They have no depth on DL, no returning experience at LB and only 2 DB's with any experience (neither one a starter last year). My non-delusional friends think they will have trouble stopping other teams, especially AJ Dillon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Aug 16, 2018, 10:00 AM

I think it will be one of the tougher games but they don't have the skill talent to hang with us. I think our toughest game is FSU. I may be wrong but their defense and OL can only get better from last year. Probably the most talented team on our schedule.

Aug 16, 2018, 11:15 AM

Our Hardest game this year will be at Wake;) Heyyy at least I added my 2 cents worth, and it's just as good of a guess as any others bc Wake can be a long sharp thorn at times!!!:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2018, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Our hardest game this year is @BC ]

That's easy to say but that "most talented team" had to reschedule a cupcake just to become bowl eligible. BC didn't have to do that. Not to mention BC beat FSU 35-3!

All that was last year and I think both teams will be better, but FSU has a new system to learn and BC has the returning starter advantage 17 to 12, including 10 of 11 on offense.

The way I look at it...

Aug 16, 2018, 10:08 AM

Right now our toughest game is Furman

then once we get past them then our toughest game is Tex A&M

then so on down the schedule.

We need not look ahead of anyone otherwise it will be all for naught.

One game at a time

Disagree somewhat

Aug 16, 2018, 12:50 PM

Of course we need to focus on the next game and not solely look ahead. That is a basic of Coaching 101. That said, this team is different. IMO, Dabo also needs to be focusing on developing this team to be the best it can be with the most available weapons for games 13, 14, and 15. No putting the offense in neutral for the second team reps. No "just survive and advance" mentality. Furman is not our toughest game right now. Texas AM is. Furman is another good opportunity to develop and maximize the amazing talent on this team on the road to the CFP.

I absolutely want the team focused on Furman

Aug 16, 2018, 3:02 PM [ in reply to The way I look at it... ]

Because they play the games. We don't do **** on the field for Clemson so we can talk about whatever we want lol.

It's the offseason; I'm board. Spotting the ball is close but not here yet.

Nope***

Aug 16, 2018, 11:32 AM

I think its FSU, BC, TAM.

Aug 16, 2018, 11:43 AM

All away.
Agree with others.. FSU has the talent, a rowdy home crowd, a new good coach, and an eye on payback.

BC is legit. They gave us all we wanted for 3q in Clemson last year. Playing in Boston in Nov will give them a solid home field adv.. but if the weather is bad, so will be the attendance. Other thing against BC is they'll be in the midst of VT, Clem, Miami, FSU in some order. Thats tough.

TexAM.. i think BC would take them. Seriously. Hecj, NCSt will prob have a better offense than TAM does. If this game were at home, I wouldn't even sweat it. Its the away game aspect. Dabo knows how to gameplan for Jimbo. Tigers will get it done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I think its FSU, BC, TAM.

Aug 16, 2018, 1:28 PM

Agree that BC is a good team but when considering the matchup I’m not as worried. There strength is obviously AJ Dillon and their Oline, however rumor has it we are pretty good against the run. Also their TE Sweeney is a very good player but we have a freak in Simmons who should shawdow him.

I think FSU will give us our toughest game bc if the HUNH offense Taggart runs. We have had issues going against that offense ( see Syracuse) and FSU has better quality of athlete.

Not worried about A&M. They had a horrendous Oline last year and return most of the terrible pieces of said line. Our Dline will eat all night that game.

Aug 16, 2018, 12:59 PM

They may be a solid team but our talent is way to much for them. FSU and A&M will be the toughest challenge for sure. USuck, NCST, BC, and UL grouped in the next. Maybe throw WF in there.

Aug 16, 2018, 1:22 PM

Oh Deer Lord please don’t let anyone as ESPN find out about this....

Our hardest game is going to be the one that our team

Aug 16, 2018, 1:29 PM

doesn't thing will be the hardest [e.g. Pittsburgh...Syracuse...] and we don't know which one that's gonna be yet.

Aug 16, 2018, 1:52 PM

BC gave us a battle last year

They will be tough and D is their strong point

Hopefully our Tigers win

GO TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2018, 2:27 PM

Our hardest games are at GT and NCSU, then TAM, BC, and FSU.

You guys are just not thinking this thing thru. GT will win the Coastal, and we will have to beat them twice this year.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1,514
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic