Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offensive play calls
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,506

Offensive play calls

Oct 17, 2018, 12:26 AM

I'm sure that I'm not the only one that questions the play calls and the predictability of our offensive. I'm going to wait until after the NC State to pass any judgment. Maybe they will now open up the offense with some trust in TL

I'm not a coach, but I just don't get it. I think our OC's need to watch some NFL film. We have elite WR's ,throw the ball forward down the field. Whether it's a 5 yd. 10 yd or 15 yd route, we can make those plays. When you make those plays, then you use the occasional screen pass. We have all this talent, we need to be aggressive. It seems like we are just giving away 2 opportunities with no gain per possession. It seems, we have to put in a stressful situation before we open it up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Offensive play calls

Oct 17, 2018, 6:46 AM

We shall see!

To be fair

Oct 17, 2018, 7:24 AM

Some of those screen passes have been checks at the line out of run plays based on the looks by the defense.

But my biggest beef with the playcalling has been an unwillingness to stick with the run game when it’s gashing teams. It’s like they feel like they have to get to a certain number of pass attempts a game when we are mowing people down on the ground.

Re: To be fair

Oct 17, 2018, 7:35 AM

A lot of teams will give us a pre-snap run defense look to force the screen play. They know it won’t work too. We need another option.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We’ve shown we can run into a stacked box

Oct 17, 2018, 7:46 AM

Or if they’re going to bring 8-9 down then go to the play action and hit them over the top.

Re: We’ve shown we can run into a stacked box

Oct 17, 2018, 7:53 AM

Exactly

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We’ve shown we can run into a stacked box

Oct 17, 2018, 7:54 AM [ in reply to We’ve shown we can run into a stacked box ]

Exactly

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,506
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic