Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My interesting solution to the CFP problem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

My interesting solution to the CFP problem

Dec 13, 2017, 5:08 AM

It was absolutely wrong that Bama benefited from Wisky and Auburn having to play the extra game, while Bama sat at home.

Solution? Have a designated game every year that pits the two highest ranked teams in the CFP poll that didn't make their conference title game.

This year, Bama vs Penn State.
Last year, O310 State vs Michigan
Two years ago, O310 State vs Notre Dame (technically Oklahoma, but that's b/c of no Big XII title game that year)

The last two years a team sat at home and snuck in b/c teams ahead of them lost their CCG. It's wrong. If you want to put them in, then make them play that extra game. Make them earn it more than just getting lucky.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess OSU didn't sneak in b/c they were already #2 last year

Dec 13, 2017, 5:13 AM

But they benefited from not having a potential loss in an extra game.

Hypothetically speaking.. If Notre Dame is #1

Dec 13, 2017, 5:13 AM

would you force them to play in the "play in game"?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Or join a conference***

Dec 13, 2017, 5:15 AM

The CFP doesn’t have a problem, it’s

Dec 13, 2017, 5:58 AM

Achieving everything it was designed to accomplish. The College Football Playoff was put in place to promote college football by creating debate and conversation about the four best teams and it’s done it’s job. There is no solution to make it perfect, because it’s opinion and subjective, once that element is removed so will the debate and discussion.

Re: The CFP doesn’t have a problem, it’s

Dec 13, 2017, 6:35 AM

Why is it okay for other teams to play defacto play-in-games

Dec 13, 2017, 7:19 AM [ in reply to The CFP doesn’t have a problem, it’s ]

in their CCG, while others sit at home waiting for the chips to fall in their favor. It's happened the last two years. I'll never say that two teams from the same division or the same conference can't be two of the best teams in college football.

I will say that backing into the playoff is a joke!

Also, that was my first successful gif.

Re: My interesting solution to the CFP problem

Dec 13, 2017, 6:18 AM

another would be to make a rule that if you are in a conference and did not win your conference you are ineligible for the 4 team playoff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2017, 6:48 AM

So had Clemson and Miami met with both being undefeated, the loser in a close game didn't deserve to be in?

Dec 13, 2017, 7:37 AM

A team can always turn down the conference championship game and sit idle that week if you think it's better not to play.

I'm sure that would go over like a turd in the punch bowl!***

Dec 13, 2017, 8:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that's never going to happen

Dec 13, 2017, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Re: My interesting solution to the CFP problem ]

Let the two teams that failed to make their conference championship game turn down the opportunity to prove it on the field.

Dec 13, 2017, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: My interesting solution to the CFP problem ]

If that were true, it was stupid, for Auburn, and Wisconsin to play in their Championship game. Those 2 teams played their way out of the playoffs. They say the Conf. Championship really doesn't matter, but if you lose, it sure matters.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's BS. We have the 4 best teams in the country

Dec 13, 2017, 8:36 AM

in this playoff. Bama was #1 all year long until losing to a really good Auburn team on the road. Think about what you're saying here, you're saying that Penn State should have a chance to make the playoffs while conference champ USC stays home? Or last year you're going to give Michigan a chance to play their way in even though they got absolutely dismantled by Penn State?

Look, it's really hard to argue that the 4 best teams haven't gotten in every year...regardless of winning a conference championship or not.

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I never said the winner of this "game" gets in

Dec 13, 2017, 9:02 AM

I still want the committee to pick the best 4 teams. Just don't let teams sit while others battle for the playoff. If 10 teams play a game, two others who are playoff worthy should. No backing in. Play the games.

I never said the winner of this "game" gets in

Dec 13, 2017, 9:02 AM [ in reply to That's BS. We have the 4 best teams in the country ]

I still want the committee to pick the best 4 teams. Just don't let teams sit while others battle for the playoff. If 10 teams play a game, two others who are playoff worthy should. No backing in. Play the games.

its time for an official CFP Play-In Game

Dec 13, 2017, 8:49 AM

I would like to see a Play In game in the CFP and it must all be conference champs. Last year would have been OU vs OSU for the fourth spot. This year it would pin USC vs OSU (sorry Ala). This game to be played at the higher ranked team’s stadium two weeks after the conference games. I’m a huge fan of Cinderella or underdog teams.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure how getting destroyed by Clemson

Dec 13, 2017, 11:52 AM

on 01/01/2018 is benefiting Alabama?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Get rid of rankings

Dec 13, 2017, 11:55 AM

Pick which 4 conference champs are in and get to it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Get rid of rankings

Dec 13, 2017, 11:55 AM

Pick which 4 conference champs are in and get to it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

The thing I don't get about Bama's jump...

Dec 13, 2017, 12:13 PM

How'd they jump Auburn?? Auburn beat the brakes off of them the last week of the season. Bama didn't play another game, and Auburn played a top tier program and lost. So... how does Bama jump them?

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic