Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
MEDIAing?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

MEDIAing?

Oct 23, 2018, 1:05 PM

So let's just break this down for a second. Media outlets assign stars to high school kids. The more stars a school has, the greater the media, and now public, expectation of performance. The greater the expectation, the higher the media ranks a team. When said team falls short of reaching or maintaining the media expectation, instead of tipping a cap to another team or owning that perhaps they were wrong, we find fault and slam the team that lost. In doing so, the media creates terms that places their own shortcomings on someone else, in this case the team/university.

Ok, got it.

I'm no Buckeye fan, but I'm a football fan. OhSt has looked mediocre several games this year. They weren't #2, but the AP put them there.

When Clemson was Clemsoning, we would win games we shouldn't and then lose a game we should win. Who else on the planet doesn't do the same thing? From international soccer, tennis, NFL, NBA, etc.. Nothing wrong with critiquing programs, but blanket statements are just lame. So until they stop trying to categorize teams that do what sports teams do, win and lose, perhaps its best to just be chalked up to another example of media just mediaing.

Message was edited by: soywaker®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: MEDIAing? I agree

Oct 23, 2018, 1:08 PM

especially the teyong part. Whatever that is. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its this Nor Cal thing.. you wouldn't get it.***

Oct 23, 2018, 1:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: MEDIAing? I agree

Oct 23, 2018, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: MEDIAing? I agree ]

The teyong part is the part that dongles

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: MEDIAing?

Oct 23, 2018, 1:09 PM

Absolutely agree 110%!! And I alluded to this in the comments section on this exact point in DHood’s article about this. Thumbs up.

It's the dumbest thing ever. Teams lose games in sports.

Oct 23, 2018, 2:05 PM

It's hard to go undefeated.

As good as Saban has been at Bama, he has only had one undefeated team. Sometimes, the bounce goes the other way or whatever.

Ohio St, for example, still has a clear path to the playoff and the National Championship. It's just lazy journalism.

Oct 23, 2018, 4:08 PM

Mediaing or not, as one of the top 10-15 teams in the country, you should not lose to teams like Iowa and Purdue by 4+ touchdowns.

Struggling with teams like that is one thing, and I love the parity in college football, but Ohio St didn't even show up on Saturday. Great win for Purdue though!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2018, 4:13 PM

Agree100%! They create a narrative of their choosing then are surprised when teams don’t measure up. Dabo has the right mentality. Polls don’t matter until the CFP in November.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2018, 4:16 PM

I think anytime anyone says something to this affect, we need to call them out. Make it a thing.

Oct 23, 2018, 4:16 PM

I think anytime anyone says something to this affect, we need to call them out. Make it a thing.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic