Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks like the writing is on the wall for Hurts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Looks like the writing is on the wall for Hurts

Jul 18, 2018, 9:47 PM

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24131732/alabama-nick-saban-unsure-whether-qb-jalen-hurts-roster-opener

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He should learn another position, ala Patrick Sapp

Jul 18, 2018, 9:49 PM

He is a great football player, but doubtful he will get to NFL as QB

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like the writing is on the wall for Hurts

Jul 18, 2018, 9:51 PM

Sure sounds like it after reading that article. Interesting that he graduates in December and could transfer them without sitting out. Wonder if he loses the job if he just redshirts!?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2018, 7:36 AM

It's kind of strange that in July, they don't know if a December grad will be in school in August. Wonder what else is going on there?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Such a huge difference between

Jul 19, 2018, 8:21 AM

Saban and Dabo. I can't envision such a remark coming from Dabo. I can't. Saban is so disconnected. That article should be a clarion call to future prospects and, frankly, the current roster.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a little bit more to this story

Jul 19, 2018, 8:30 AM

Hurts' father said some interesting things in an interview last year.

"Coach Saban's job is to do what's best for his team. I have no problem with that," Averion Hurts said. "My job is to do what's best for Jalen—and make no mistake, Jalen is a quarterback, and he wants to play quarterback. He loves Alabama, loves Coach Saban and everything about that place. But he wants to play, and he will play…"

Averion stops mid-sentence because the idea of his son not playing for Alabama isn't one he takes lightly. What if Jalen doesn't win the job, he is asked?

He shakes his head slowly, answers begrudgingly. "Well, he'd be the biggest free agent in college football history."

He doesn't just hint at the possibility, he basically just comes out and says Hurts will transfer if he doesn't win the job. Saban obviously knows there's a strong possibility that Hurts will transfer if/when Tua is named the starter so how could he know if Hurts will remain with the team?

I don't know what Saban should say or what people want him to say, but he tends to be a pretty straight shooter about that kind of thing so I'm not surprised.

Re: Such a huge difference between

Jul 19, 2018, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Such a huge difference between ]

Saban could've easily lied or deflected but he shot it straight. Their 3rd string qb Mac Jones looked light years better than Hurts throwing the ball in their spring game. He's a great athlete but he doesn't know how to play qb. Like the op said, according to that article, the writing is on the wall.

Jul 19, 2018, 8:53 AM

He is a running back playing the QB position . His WRs need to be wide open and running free for him to be relied upon in the passing game .
Saban would be a fool to start him over Taigavaloa in my unexpert opinion .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic