Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just found out WOW
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 1

Just found out WOW

Jun 20, 2018, 8:48 PM

It's is now known that students are going to pay to come to games, that my friends is ridiculous. I have heard it over the last few years but it is going to happen. This place is becoming more and more like a business instead of a place to learn. I have watched over the last 30 years where a wonderful place to brag about is going down the drain. I love my tiger's, but soon fans, students,needed to stand up .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just found out WOW

Jun 20, 2018, 8:53 PM

No, it's becoming more and more like every other school out there. Clemson was one of, if not the last, to charge students for tickets. If the students had quit whining about having to pay a whopping $250 for seasons tickets a few years ago, they'd have a specific seat every week for about $30/game. But the students had to be big babies about it.

Jun 20, 2018, 8:54 PM

I agree

Jun 20, 2018, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Just found out WOW ]

When I was at Carolina, they did a lottery based on a points system. You got so many points for whatever year you were and then you’d get points for attending other sports events to give yourself higher chances of getting a ticket. I thought there is an athletics charge in cost of tuition and every student at every major university should have the opportunity to attend all home games for no more cost and enjoy the game. I agree that universities are selling out like big corps these days.

Jun 20, 2018, 10:44 PM

No one cares what they do in Chapel Hill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 21, 2018, 3:24 PM

Carolina is USC - THE university of South Carolina! Don’t be a tool!!!

Jun 21, 2018, 6:39 PM

No one cares what they do in California.

Jun 21, 2018, 5:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Just found out WOW ]

Tough loss vs Oregon State.

Jun 21, 2018, 7:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Just found out WOW ]

This is mostly by the schools that are in the TOP 25 year in and year out in one or two of the major sports. For Clemson over the past 8-9 years it has been FB. But I do agree 1000%%% that kids that attend a university full time, sporting events should be very low cost or free for at least the first 2000 students applying for the tickets. But it also should be checked that the students getting the low cost/free tickets are attending the games for the first full half. If they aren't, don't allow that student to apply again after missing two or more games bc the name of the game is the fans in the stands for what ever the sport!!! With the tuition cost of a major university, the students should have the chance to attend their school's sporting events for free or very LOW cost, and on the front lines of the events, and not in the nose bleed sections, Just adding my penny to the conversation, and what I believe IMO is right!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2018, 3:26 PM

The problem that lies within at both schools is Greek life. The fraternities throw huge tailgates and they want all of the hot sorority girls there. It’s filled with kegs and handles of alcohol and at some point these students stop caring about the actual game and they just want to go back to the tailgates and party.

Jun 21, 2018, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Just found out WOW ]

I stopped reading at"when I was at Carolina"

Nobody cares***

Jun 21, 2018, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Just found out WOW ]

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

it is astonishing and shows the absolute lack of any pride

Jun 21, 2018, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Just found out WOW ]

that usuck students and the people of ONLY columbia refer to your f'n school as carolina

there is only one carolina - and its in chapel hill. for reference, ask anyone from l.a. to london.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

London, Kentucky?

Jun 21, 2018, 10:24 AM

It's important

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

lol.******

Jun 21, 2018, 10:35 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

london, arkansas

Jun 21, 2018, 10:40 AM [ in reply to London, Kentucky? ]

moran

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

So why would I ask someone about the real Carolina

Jun 21, 2018, 10:41 AM

between Louisiana and London, Arkansas?

That's

Jun 21, 2018, 10:46 AM

Lower Alabama. hth moran. lol.

they ask lots of questions

Jun 21, 2018, 10:56 AM [ in reply to So why would I ask someone about the real Carolina ]

in those parts

Re: it is astonishing and shows the absolute lack of any pride

Jun 21, 2018, 3:36 PM [ in reply to it is astonishing and shows the absolute lack of any pride ]

Then why is it when I meet ANYONE from the state of SC they ask me, did you go to Clemson or Carolina?

To determine if you can discuss college football

Jun 21, 2018, 3:42 PM

intelligently?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: To determine if you can discuss college football

Jun 21, 2018, 3:46 PM

You know what I mean.... there are many different ways to talk about it:

USC
South Carolina
Carolina
University of South Carolina
S.C.

I could go on. My SEC counterparts and good friends I have met from moving all over and now residing in FL said that we ARE the real USC and we can own that claim because we were a state before Southern cal was even a thought. Also, when was the last time UNC was relevant in college football? Oh that’s right, I can’t remember either... moving along.

Jun 21, 2018, 4:11 PM

UNC:
Year Conference Overall record Conference record
1895 SIAA 7-1-1 5-0
1922 SoCon 9–1 5–1
1946 SoCon 8–2–1 4–0–1
1949 SoCon 7–4 5–0
1963 ACC 9–2 5–1
1971 ACC 9–3 6–0
1972 ACC 11–1 6–0
1977 ACC 8–3–1 5–0–1
1980 ACC 11–1 7–0

SCU:
Southern Conference Champions: 1 (1933)
ACC Champions: 1 (1969)

It would appear UNC was last relevant in 1980 and SCU was last relevant in 1969.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Don't forget, they were 7-4 the year they won the ACC!

Jun 21, 2018, 4:23 PM

Outstanding!

Jun 21, 2018, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: To determine if you can discuss college football ]

hey! why don't you just call yourself pitt or bama? same principle. usc is southern cal. carolina is unc. everyone on this planet knows that.

#simpleton

Jun 21, 2018, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: To determine if you can discuss college football ]

Battle of the Carolinas
The Battle of the Carolinas is a rivalry that began in 1903. North Carolina holds a 34–19–4 overall leads the series. While no longer a conference rivalry, since South Carolina left the ACC in 1971, the teams still meet occasionally. In the 2010s decade the series have been played on a Thursday. It was announced in September 2015 that UNC and USC will play every four years in 2019 and 2023. ~ ~Wikipedia

Silly cooter. Nobody thinks SCar is the "real USC" except

Jun 21, 2018, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: To determine if you can discuss college football ]

for your feathered brethren. The others are just making fun of you.

Here's a couple tidbits for you since you seem a bit confused: your school became the University of South Carolina in 1865. California became a state in 1850 (since you probably can't "math", that's 15 years prior to your school being named USC). Also noticed that you seem to think that SCar is a state...interesting.

Carolina certainly hasn't had a ton of great years in recent memory but they have many more conference championships, bowl wins, victories, NFL players, etc than SCar. All y'all have is a 5 year streak.

As you know, Carolina is in Chapel Hill. USC is in California. Clemson is THE University of SC.

You lost me at "When".***

Jun 21, 2018, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Just found out WOW ]

Jun 20, 2018, 8:53 PM

Uhhhhh, I would have gladly shelled out a few bucks to see a competitive product take the field 6 times a year rather than the free tickets I got to see Tommy West’s hot garbage during my time at Clemson. Like anything in the world, if you want a luxury brand (which CU football is right now), you pay for it...

Jun 20, 2018, 9:47 PM

About like trying to be a Tiger football fan as a student in the early 70's...Ugh.

Jun 20, 2018, 8:55 PM

We had to pay back in 2003. Even the nerds that didn't want to go paid.

Maybe we're due for an expansion. Our average attendance is still around 77k?

Welcome to the real world kid

Jun 20, 2018, 9:54 PM

We had to pay back in 2003. Even the nerds that didn't want to go paid.

Maybe we're due for an expansion. Our average attendance is still around 77k?

Welcome to the real world kid

TigerDominance must not have actually attended Clemson. I was there from 03-08 and never paid for a ticket. Students got them for free

Jun 20, 2018, 10:00 PM

if you were there, you paid thrpought athletic fee, I had one all the way back to the 60's

Cheap ticket, fee was minor.***

Jun 20, 2018, 10:30 PM

The athletic fee has never paid for event tickets.

Jun 21, 2018, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Just found out WOW ]

It has ALWAYS funded things like Fike, intramurals and Y beach, etc. HTH

Besides, when I was a student iit was only like $60...

I don't think what you thought is what you think

Jun 21, 2018, 6:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Just found out WOW ]

That is to say. The athletic fee in your tuition was for the use of fike and intramural sports. ..had nothing to do with athletics.

If you were part time you could pay a fee to get tickets.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jun 20, 2018, 8:55 PM

Where did you hear this? The AD just announced student tickets will be free. Clemson is one of the few schools that does not have a student ticket fee.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2018, 9:26 PM

We always had some sort of athletic fee in our tuition. It was around $200. Maybe 180.

No such thing as a free lunch

Wrong.***

Jun 21, 2018, 8:45 AM

What exactly do students learn

Jun 20, 2018, 8:57 PM

Texting during the first half of a game and then leaving for a party

Maybe learning where the parties are?

Message was edited by: under11par®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What exactly do students learn

Jun 21, 2018, 3:39 PM

Like I said before,

All college kids these days care about is where is the party? They want to blast music, dance, drink, have a good time, and get as messed up as possible. If it doesn’t involve alcohol most don’t care. Most of them don’t stay for the entire game because they start to feel that they are losing their buzz, and staying the entire game sobers them up when they just want to go back to the tailgates and party and keep drinking.

Maybe if they have to pay for their tickets they will

Jun 20, 2018, 9:00 PM

actually show up and stay for the games.

Re: Maybe if they have to pay for their tickets they will

Jun 20, 2018, 11:01 PM

That could said about a lot folks

Jun 20, 2018, 9:02 PM

Education is a business.

Jun 20, 2018, 9:14 PM

Students should be charged but it’s not happening.

Well he never came back to respond...

Jun 20, 2018, 9:19 PM

Looks like he’s just a good old fashioned 5 pt, low pulse, coot troll. Give him plenty of TDs and move along folks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well he never came back to respond...

Jun 20, 2018, 9:23 PM

we had a student athletic fee when I went and that was a long time ago ..

Re: Well he never came back to respond...

Jun 20, 2018, 10:09 PM

I remember an activity fee, which i suppose is the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was for activities (Fike, Y beach, intramurals, etc)

Jun 21, 2018, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Well he never came back to respond... ]

Not for event tickets.

Jun 20, 2018, 9:36 PM

This was announced three years ago. Plenty of time to get a piggy bank and save your allowance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2018, 9:47 PM

We paid a fee as part of tuition back in 1983. It was for tickets to sporting events. Of course it was a lot cheaper then.

Wrong...

Jun 21, 2018, 8:50 AM

It’s funny how many people think the activities/athletic fee was for tickets. It wasn’t. Never has been.

Thanks for the TD. It's not my fault that you're wrong...***

Jun 21, 2018, 1:25 PM

LOL, your coot pulse is giving that drain a good cleaning

Jun 20, 2018, 10:28 PM

out too!!!

Jun 20, 2018, 10:29 PM

Maybe the Hill will finally be full

As a place of learning....

Jun 20, 2018, 10:49 PM

wouldn't you agree that teaching the students the valuable lesson of paying their own way is an excellent addition to the curriculum?

TANSTAAFL

There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch !!!

Economics 201

If something seems like it is free, there is always a cost, no matter how indirect or hidden.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: As a place of learning....

Jun 20, 2018, 11:03 PM

Did you pay??? H ell no

So, just because we've "always done it that way"...

Jun 21, 2018, 10:55 AM

is justification to be intolerant or defiant against change?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Easy come, easy go.

Jun 21, 2018, 12:31 AM

Students are notorious for leaving games and wasting the seats. Easy come, easy go. If they have to buy their tickets the seats won't be wasted. I know this cuts into their party money but life is tough everywhere else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From someone here who hates change, it is inevitable...

Jun 21, 2018, 2:35 AM

Things change & people die. Cherish them all while you can.

Jun 21, 2018, 6:47 AM

We hear you cooter, but you really should be talking about what it has come to for the chickens, folk are making it easier to get them in the supper markets.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/yardbird-chicken-plucker-1168778?cm_mmc=Banner-_-Social-_-FacebookDPA-_-1168778?cm_mmc=Social-_-Facebook-_-NS-_-1&utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=NS&utm_content=1&utm_id=155074925&k_adid=155074925

Jun 21, 2018, 7:59 AM

The money is not that important. It is letting students that want to go to the games a guaranteed ticket. It will improve attendance. My nephew who loved Clemson football, rarely was able to get a ticket through the lottery, while seats went empty.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now don't you look stupid?

Jun 21, 2018, 8:21 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Board-of-Trustees-to-Radakovich-Fill-The-Hill-17001

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

To be fair, she looked stupid before...***

Jun 21, 2018, 8:51 AM

I smell chicken crap...***

Jun 21, 2018, 8:39 AM

When I was in college we were forced to attend games

Jun 21, 2018, 8:45 AM

funny how things change

Jun 21, 2018, 8:49 AM

You need to watch the Radakovich presser. He said that free student tickets were a tradition at Clemson and he had no intention of changing that policy.

do a little research on Ohio State...I think they pay around

Jun 21, 2018, 8:54 AM

250-300 and have been for 15-20 years... The bigger schools all do this in some form or fashion. Maybe this will incentivize the students who actually like football to come b/c they have an investment to take care of instead of the willy-nilly crowd who show up for the 1st qtr and leave will fans are sitting at home wishing they could've gotten in but couldnt' without paying 250 bucks a ticket b/c there are little to none left. This will free up alot of room for people that want to go and stay to WATCH the game.

I does stink b/c its not free i know. I would've complained about it too but it would be no question that i'd pay the fee to get in for the year. Since you're paying for them now i wonder if they'll let you legally sell them? Probably not.

They looked a gift horse in the mouth....

Jun 21, 2018, 10:44 AM

and left for a party.

I once got free tickets. Stayed the whole game and cheered my throat out. Literally. Times have changed. They expect free with them giving nothing in return. I know this is not true with all. Some the parents have actually done a good job.

Jun 21, 2018, 4:05 PM

The change to the lottery system sounds like a disaster. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that. When I was in school we would leave the game each Saturday and immediately set up a tent to camp out for tickets for the next game. We'd have a group that manned the tent for a week or two (depending on how long until the next game) and got front row seats every time. The people that wanted to be there were, and we didn't have to spend money we didn't have as broke college kids.

Jun 21, 2018, 4:20 PM

What a load of horsehockey... You young stihs must have numnutz...even back in 1969, it was a line on the bill your parents received the "extracurricular activities" were billed... you Obama voters are not getting shortchanged. You are just too busy walking around with you Smartphone stuck up you ssa to think straight.

Replies: 70
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic