Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It is just me or did our AD complicate “fill(ing) the Hill”?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

It is just me or did our AD complicate “fill(ing) the Hill”?

Jun 21, 2018, 10:20 AM

I feel like the solution is rather simple: go back to what worked. When I was student it was first come first served ticket distribution by class on a specific day. The Hill was always full. Plus, anyone could buy a GA ticket to sit on the Hill. Why stop a system that works?

And don’t give me that Fire Code crap some of y’all offered last year. What exactly will catch on fire in a brick, concrete, steel, and glass structure?! You telling me we can put 20k people in a top deck- with only one exit- but can’t put 8k-10k on the Hill?!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is just me or did our AD complicate “fill(ing) the Hill”?

Jun 21, 2018, 10:28 AM

Agreed...

IMO, the issue is they keep trying to fill it with only students...students that have seemed to have issues attending or staying in the games. They need to go back to the following system:

1) Allow general admission tickets to be sold to the general public as it used to be for hill seating.
2) For the students, go back to how they used to camp for the tickets...the ones that really want them bad enough and would stay in the game would be the ones that will be willing to camp to get them.

The Fire Marshall is a jerk and will have his way.

Jun 21, 2018, 10:46 AM

So, if the Fire Marshall limited hill capacity, there's not much that can be done about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

The Fire Marshall is a nazi coot***

Jun 21, 2018, 8:54 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Fire Marshall is a jerk and will have his way.

Jun 21, 2018, 9:59 PM [ in reply to The Fire Marshall is a jerk and will have his way. ]

Was it this guy?

Jun 21, 2018, 11:43 AM

I think the best way would be for students to pay a small fee for tickets. That way, the students who get tickets will be the ones who want them and will most likely use them since they have to pay for them. Any tickets not sold to students or not used should be general admission tickets.

Kegs would help tremendously. Just my 2 cents.***

Jun 21, 2018, 12:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2018, 1:20 PM

If the fire Marshall said they have to limit the crowd on the hill then how are we supposed to fill the hill? That logic doesn't seem to work out.

Feels like they over corrected with all the security measures which kept a lot of people from being able to get in on time according to my cousin who's a student now. That combined with the new ticketing system turned it into a comedy of errors.

Jun 21, 2018, 5:38 PM

This country needs an enema...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There you go thinking again. Don't you know that's

Jun 21, 2018, 7:02 PM

dangerous?

The hill has never been a problem for decades. Then they decided to charge students for tickets and the students rebelled so they they made a really ######## ticket system where a lot of upperclassmen that want to go to games don't even get tickets. Now there seems to be problems everywhere you look.

But it's the students' fault, not the ############# that changed the system.

Some fire codes are only fire codes because...

Jun 21, 2018, 9:55 PM

the fire department administers code. If you consider that stuffing too many people into a building and the potential issues that would require them to get out quickly it makes perfect sense.

The probability that Death Valley will have an issue which requires mass evacuation is low but if it happened the suffering from being over capacity could bring civil and criminal actions to the Fire Marshal. I can think of a few charges which would ruin the man's life.

I think there's a reasonable way to fill the stadium without putting the fire marshal in jeopardy of losing his job.

Young folks seldom have the ability to see the perspective of those who disagree with them due to being overwhelmed by their emotions. Sure Clemson is sacred to some of us but we'd suffer too if we had a problem in Death Valley and it would be a lot worse than losing a game there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic