Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is the jury still out on our Offense?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Is the jury still out on our Offense?

Sep 24, 2017, 8:10 PM

There's no question about our defense. We know we have a great unit there. However, I just don't know about our offense yet. We've played three Power 5 opponents. It looked good vs Louisville, but it was shaky vs Aub and for 85% of the BC game it didn't look too good either. In those 3 games, we've probably played poorly on that side of the ball more than we've played well.

Now the sample size is still relatively small and some of our offensive issues can be corrected with some tweaks in personnel (ie. #FreeTravis), but I don't think anyone can honestly say one way or the other right now what we are on Offense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is the jury still out on our Offense?

Sep 24, 2017, 8:17 PM

I think so. BC showed the zone defense we hadn’t seen much of this year. KB just has to take what he is given and not try to force it or get frustrated when things are tough

He also needs to just pull the trigger sometimes. I think he’s thinking too much on some plays. Especially under pressure. Trust what he knows and let it fly. He’ll learn. I still think he is our best option

Sep 24, 2017, 8:21 PM

I don't think the jury is out as we are a good - very good O. The thing is we are still a work in progress. KB2 is a junior but has played very little. He will only get better.

The jury is still out on every team in the country.***

Sep 24, 2017, 8:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

So we should put you down as a "yes" then?***

Sep 24, 2017, 8:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: The jury is still out on every team in the country.***

Sep 24, 2017, 8:28 PM [ in reply to The jury is still out on every team in the country.*** ]

That's a dumb answer. OP asked about our offense, not anyone else's in the country. I put one in the "yes" column. Defense looks lockdown, but offense looks suspect as hell under any kind of pressure ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The jury is still out on every team in the country.***

Sep 24, 2017, 8:38 PM

That's a dumb answer. OP asked about our offense, not our defense. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I think we'll know a great deal more after this weekend...

Sep 24, 2017, 8:35 PM

VT on the road can be tough...and remember how they played us last year.
However, I think our offense will be up to the task and will continue to improve. And I think the running back rotation will be shaken up this week. But I love having 4 quality backs to rotate and wear down the defense. It really showed against BC Saturday night.
Go Tigers!!

Re: I think we'll know a great deal more after this weekend...

Sep 24, 2017, 8:46 PM

I was not aware the case had been given to the jury. I do believe that closings arguments must be made first then the judge charges the jury before giving the case to said jurors. A little legalese here. The fat lady ain't sung yet!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah, but the case wasn't given to jury...they couldn't find

Sep 24, 2017, 9:07 PM

12 of our peers!
Go Tigers!!

Sep 24, 2017, 8:58 PM

Not many programs in the country that wouldn't trade our offense for theirs.

That said, we need another receiver to step up. We are missing a big receiver to fight for jump balls. Pass pro could be better. KB needs to get a pass rush clock in his head as well.

2 intercepts and only one his fault, and some are down on KB

Sep 24, 2017, 9:00 PM

Well, by this time last year, DW4 had a few more, that being said, the great news is that Overton looked like Mike Williams on that catch, so expect him to be targeted alot more. Then that will open up more opportunities for Cain down the field. KB will keep getting better in my opinion, now that he has faith in Overton.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope, they came back hung

Sep 24, 2017, 9:02 PM

Way low

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 9:56 PM

Why do so many people act like we blew out every team last year? We won pretty big Saturday. I know it wasn't pretty, but even DW and the rest of the offense had more than one less than stellar performance last year. There will be more close games this season, as long as we get the win, I'm good??

It's coming in now.

Sep 24, 2017, 9:59 PM

Our offense is found guilty, guilty in the first degree. Guilty of being loaded for Turkey.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic