Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is UNC football tanking this season so that the NCAA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Is UNC football tanking this season so that the NCAA

Sep 20, 2017, 12:53 PM

will take it easy on them come Dec ?

Wouldn't be the first time that school tried to push football on the sword in order to save Hoops.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

December of what year?***

Sep 20, 2017, 12:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yeah NCAA needs to poop or get off the pot....

Sep 20, 2017, 3:12 PM

... are they gonna do anything or not?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah NCAA needs to poop or get off the pot....

Sep 20, 2023, 9:41 PM

Never trust anyone that talks out the side of his mouth. (Fedora). Swafford is running interference for the tarholes behind the scenes IMHO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2017, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Yeah NCAA needs to poop or get off the pot.... ]

The NCAA is taking their time because UNC has done alot of trickery and legal BS to try to evade punishment (i.e. withholding violations every year to prolong investigation, arguing that the NCAA has no jurisdiction because it has to do with "academics" etc).

The NCAA just wants to be meticulous and compile as much evidence as possible so that they have the precedent and support to throw UNC off of a proverbial cliff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2017, 6:27 PM

While I agree somewhat with your comments in the first paragraph, I think the NCAA is the problem also. INMO there are certain schools that are considered to be above the fray UNC being one of them. I hope that they are forced to give up every conference title and any national title they won in the last twenty years. But the reality of the situation is they will probably be given minimal punishment if any. We all know that they and many others have cheated for years and always slipped under the radar because of their so called status.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: December of what year?***

Sep 20, 2017, 3:45 PM [ in reply to December of what year?*** ]

Yea, I like Mark Packer, but I remember callers back in 2007 or so it seems saying that they would get off from any punishment. Packer gave the PC answer of "let's wait until next Spring before we rush to any judgement.." Think it's been 10 years of nothing but crickets now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic