Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm so confused about the kneeling...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

I'm so confused about the kneeling...

Sep 25, 2017, 12:01 AM

I do think their is racial bias in the US. But I don't understand the kneeling. Every person I ask who supports it says it's about black being killed by cops and the protest to hold cops accountable for that. So my question is this:

Why only advocate for the innocent blacks killed and not ALL of those wrongfully killed?

Kneelers say Trump made a "divisive" comment, but isn't the premise of only advocating on behalf of one race divisive in and of itself? We all dream of a united America, but for some reason the biggest movement getting attention right now has set the standard that people of one race should only set out to right the wrongs of their own race.

I would love nothing more than to look at a man and see a man, not a black man or a white man. I would love to see a mistake or an injustice happen to a man, and not a white man or a black man. I feel like making everything about race simply perpetuates an already existing racial divide. Does it exist, yes. I experienced it first hand as a child until I moved out of the area I was in.

But I truly believe racial issues go away once we stop talking about them. We can address injustices, but stop making it injustices towards a particular race.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm so confused about the kneeling...

Sep 25, 2017, 12:19 AM

Thats the irony of the whole movement. The only thing kneeling accomplishes is pissing off more white people.Trump's reaction just created more kneelers. If Trump was a smart president he would have the NFL band together with cops, players, and community members to do some type of community building/bonding activity- similar to Habitat For Humanity. This wouldn't rectify the situation but it would be a start.

Read this-

Sep 25, 2017, 12:22 AM

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/08/10/nfl-allow-dallas-cowboys-wear-arm-arm-decal-helmets-games

Re: Read this-

Sep 25, 2017, 12:26 AM

I don't get it. How is that different that wearing a decal honoring a deceased owner or former player?

Really, really good question!***

Sep 25, 2017, 12:27 AM

it's only cool to dis whitey. and black cops that are really

Sep 25, 2017, 1:51 AM

white supremacists. or straight people. or really anything previously considered normal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another reason people don't partner with the NFL-

Sep 25, 2017, 12:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Read this- ]

Trying to raise awareness gets shot down:

https://www.today.com/health/nfl-fines-william-gay-deangelo-williams-uniforms-highlighting-domestic-violence-t52886

Sep 25, 2017, 1:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Read this- ]

I don't care about tiger net pulse but I'm confused how I would get a thumbs down for a question. Would you care to stand up #######?

Bc people on here like to disagree w/o posing a counter.

Sep 25, 2017, 1:13 AM

I have no problems with anything you've said.

you must be white. or cis-normative.***

Sep 25, 2017, 1:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2017, 1:39 AM [ in reply to Read this- ]

"If Trump was a smart president..." - not sure if you're calling our POTUS stupid or not. Maybe I read or interpreted that differently than what you meant to say. Freudian slip???

Sep 25, 2017, 5:30 AM

Ok- for the other post. I get it. Thanks.

Players can't wear pink unless otherwise designated...

Sep 25, 2017, 12:26 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm so confused about the kneeling... ]

as a breast cancer awareness game, they can't wear decals to supports troops, officers, etc. It seems the only thing the NFL won't regulate is an issue where race is involved. Bottom line, they don't wanna #### off their players and viewers by making a decision, but rather differing to their rights as to remain indifferent. The NFL's decision to allow this isn't one of rights, or morality, but one of money.

Sep 25, 2017, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm so confused about the kneeling... ]

If Trump were smart? How about if the lead protester against "oppression" we're smart enough to not wear a Castro shirt as he lectures others about oppression. Then maybe there would be something to this. Instead it's nonsense. It's politicizing sports which in turn will hurt it and his so called cause. Kneeling for the national anthem has nothing to do with "innocent" men being killed by cops. Protest in a meaningful way that actually helps not divide.

No confusion needed. The kneeling during the

Sep 25, 2017, 12:26 AM

National Anthem is plain wrong and stupid. There are more issues to be concerned about. IMO, Trump should stick to national issues rather than getting into an issue that the media loves to slam him about. What the NFL "kneelers" forget, or never have understood, is that this nation is still at war and our young men are still being killed in action in Afghanistan. They come home covered in an American flag. For God's sake NFL, get on an issue that unites us not divides us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2017, 1:24 AM

i wish my forefathers had picked their own cotton.
This issue will never end.

mine did. doesn't matter.

Sep 25, 2017, 1:56 AM

and none of these protesters have ever been slaves either, if that matters. Millionaire football players included.

mine too.***

Sep 25, 2017, 6:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I picked cotton as a kid - in the 60's - 2 cents a pound

Sep 25, 2017, 8:04 AM

And I can tell you, a pound is a LOT of cotton...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Oh this is just wrong but hilarious.***

Sep 25, 2017, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm so confused about the kneeling... ]

Snowflake Basher........Out

Sep 25, 2017, 1:36 AM

It is about R-E-S-P-E-C-T for those who have fought and are currently fighting to preserve the freedom we all enjoy. My guess is that most Black people have no forefathers that actually fought for our freedom, nor do they even know anyone in their family that has fought for our freedom, so they take freedom for granted. It means NOTHING to them, but it sure does to people like me whose dad was on Omaha Beach 6/6/44 fighting to conquer the most diabolical person that has ever lived. If Hitler had won WWII (that's World War II for those who have no freaking clue), then there woudl not be a single Black person left on earth because he hated Blacks. If any Black soldiers were captured during WWII, the Germans were ordered to murder the Blacks in cold blood, ignoring the Geneva Convention for prisoners. I guess Black people will never appreciate anything that is important to the rest of us.

BTW: I boycott everything NBA and NFL and their sponsors. Here are some of their sponsors if you are fed up:

NFL SPONSORS: Anheuser-Busch InBev, Barclays, Bose, Bridgestone, Campbell’s, FedEx, McDonald’s, Microsoft, Nationwide, Nike, PepsiCo, Ticketmaster, Under Armour, and Visa.

man, there are a TON of reasons to boycott Ticketmaster.***

Sep 25, 2017, 1:54 AM

Holy sh*t, I don't even know where to begin on this

Sep 25, 2017, 7:02 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm so confused about the kneeling... ]

other than - if this is truly how you think - to hope that the protests rise. My assumption is you also honor the confederate flag, which your total disrespect from the winner in that war, America.

Sep 25, 2017, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm so confused about the kneeling... ]

> It is about R-E-S-P-E-C-T for those who have fought
> and are currently fighting to preserve the freedom we
> all enjoy. My guess is that most Black people have
> no forefathers that actually fought for our freedom,
> nor do they even know anyone in their family that has
> fought for our freedom, so they take freedom for
> granted. It means NOTHING to them, but it sure does
> to people like me whose dad was on Omaha Beach 6/6/44
> fighting to conquer the most diabolical person that
> has ever lived. If Hitler had won WWII (that's World
> War II for those who have no freaking clue), then
> there woudl not be a single Black person left on
> earth because he hated Blacks. If any Black soldiers
> were captured during WWII, the Germans were ordered
> to murder the Blacks in cold blood, ignoring the
> Geneva Convention for prisoners. I guess Black
> people will never appreciate anything that is
> important to the rest of us.
>
> BTW: I boycott everything NBA and NFL and their
> sponsors. Here are some of their sponsors if you are
> fed up:
>
> NFL SPONSORS: Anheuser-Busch InBev, Barclays, Bose,
> Bridgestone, Campbell’s, FedEx, McDonald’s,
> Microsoft, Nationwide, Nike, PepsiCo, Ticketmaster,
> Under Armour, and Visa.

This comment in itself is just dumb. I wouldn't say it's racist but in my opinion as a Black man it is definitely ignorant. You sit here and bring up your past and are proud of it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You didn't fight in WWII but your dad did just like my grandfather (a Black man) yet Black people are supposed to forget everything that happened in the past just because a couple generations have gone by. My grandfather was discriminated against went to war to fight for "OUR" freedom and came home and face the same #### treatment. So it seems to me we can remember some of the past and celebrate it but on another hand some of it just needs to be let go like it never happened. So in response to your ignorance yes I do have Forefathers that fought for my freedom, yet my forefathers had to fight against terrorism foreign AND domestic because it was even harder living here than fighting overseas. Let me ask you this...What were my forefathers doing on July 4th, 1775 when America was officially free? I wonder what they did the next 90 or so years down here in the south? I'm sure they were taking their freedom for granted back then to. I don't think you have the right to be mad at me or ridicule me if I don't feel patriotic bc the freedom of this country was not intended for me or for my race.

Dude, you are part of the problem.

Sep 25, 2017, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm so confused about the kneeling... ]

"My guess is that most Black people have no forefathers that actually fought for our freedom, nor do they even know anyone in their family that has fought for our freedom, so they take freedom for granted."

Shame. This is one of the most ignorant things I've ever read. You, sir, are part of the problem.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Sep 25, 2017, 5:48 AM

The reason it is suddenly an issue is because he called the players that kneel (in a non violent protest) "sons of #######". A few weeks ago, he called white supremacists "very fine people".
It is that contrast that has so many people upset. It is not about our flag or our veterans. No one is protesting our military.

well, not sure how old you are or how much history

Sep 25, 2017, 6:59 AM

you've looked into, but if there are major civil or governmental issues that fixed themselves when everyone just quit talking about them I'd love to hear the examples. This isn't how our country, or any other that I know of, has ever fixed any problems and grown as a society. On a fundamental issue I do believe that over time younger generations take this as a way of life, quit thinking in the same manner as an older generation did. But only after those voices and protests changed society and government.

I'd love to know why the NFL decided to start putting players on the field for the anthem in '09. Me thinks it was marketing and money. While that's also the American way, it also doesn't make it right.

Re: well, not sure how old you are or how much history

Sep 25, 2017, 9:23 AM

I have read many post recently concerning this issue. A very good post was entered last week concerning the proper protocol when our National Anthem is played, which covered the military and civilians. A lot of you have said you may not agree with those who disrespect protocol when our National Anthem is played, but you will defend their right to protest. You have tried to make this a First Amendment issue. The more I read on this board the more it becomes aware that very few even know what is in the First Amendment or the true intentions of the Founders when it was written and adopted.

Amendment 1
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, (Congress shall not adopt a national religion such as The Church of England) or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;(Many colonist were persecuted in their home countries for worshiping God in their own way) or abridging the freedom of speech, (Colonist were not allowed to express their thoughts in the form of speech unless it was sanctioned by England) or of the press; (Colonist were not allowed to print anything that was contrary to the government in England) or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, (Colonist were not allowed to gather in the town square for fear of arrest by the government in England) and to petition the government for a redress of grievances (The government of England refused to hear any grievances addressed by the colonist against it)

Please see the Declaration of Independence for a more concise explanation of redress of grievances.

Now if you are true to yourself, there is no way these people who disrespect the anthem are protected under The First Amendment. They are employees of a company and should be subject to the rules set forth in company policy. It is the responsibility of each team to regulate the behavior of it's employees. If the company chooses not to correct a particular behavior then it certainly falls within the bounds of the consumer to not use that particular companys product!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When something legit happens that is racial it's one thing..

Sep 25, 2017, 10:56 AM [ in reply to well, not sure how old you are or how much history ]

but people in this country like to sensationalize everything into being about race when it isn't always like that. The media beats you over the head with the race card to the place where it breeds resentment rather than sympathy and it incites anger rather than understanding.

It sucks when anytime a white conservative speaks their mind they must automatically be racists. Dez Bryant himself was under attack from Jemele Hill because he refused to kneel during the anthem and protest. Bottom line, if you don't agree with the movement you are automatically the enemy. There are no reasonable minds that may have a different view point while still admitting there are problems, and there are no people who should be allowed to remain indifferent in the eyes of a lot of BLM and kneelers.

I'm done with the nfl after Sunday

Sep 25, 2017, 8:17 AM

I totally support your right to stay in the locker room during the nationational anthem. I hope you support my right to stay in my house and watch something else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I'm done with the nfl after Sunday

Sep 25, 2017, 9:49 AM

Have fun.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic