Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you haven't watched Thinking out loud broadcast
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

If you haven't watched Thinking out loud broadcast

Jan 21, 2019, 1:00 PM

during the game, it is priceless. It was part of megacast and you can pull it up on ESPN3 go to replay and schedule jan. 7 all sports. Go all the way down past espn and sec network to thinking out loud. The look on McElroy's face throughout. The female moderator is a former gmaecock athlete. She decided to wear garnet and black to the event. She says something at the first about how she has a "concern" about Clemson's secondary and since South Carolina threw for 500, she felt Bama would do even more.

I am actually grateful to the South Carolina game. We treated them as an afterthought on defense and they had some success against our secondary. Not enough success to ever make it a game after the 49-14 run which made the score 49-21 in the third quarter, but some success. I feel that the secondary's performance on that night is a key reason why we won the National Championship! Ole Venables and crew really tightened things up after that, 10 points for Pitt, 3 for Notre Dame and a whopping 16 for Alabama. Thanks Gamecocks!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you haven't watched Thinking out loud broadcast

Jan 21, 2019, 1:06 PM

that whole secondary performance was a head fake by BV. he got ND and Bama to scheme for weaknesses that weren't really there and it paid off. that first INT by Tua was a mastermind thing of beauty.

the coots may crow about all the points they scored in a 21-point beat down, because they are idiots, but they played a puppet's role in bringing down the Elephants. congrats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 21, 2019, 3:52 PM

Yeah, they can crow that their starters scored twice on our 3rd/4th string defense, while our 2nd/3rd string offense scored once on their starters in the 4th quarter. I mean it was 49-21 with 10 minutes left or something like that. It's not like anything that happened in the last ten minutes really mattered...kinda like the last ten minutes of the national championship...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS is TRUUF***

Jan 21, 2019, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: If you haven't watched Thinking out loud broadcast ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Monday Night Football was the best broadcase, imo.

Jan 21, 2019, 1:12 PM

I couldn't get over McShay telling Joe and Jason that Trevor wasn't eligible for the NFL this year. McShay held out as long as he could but eventually admitted that if Lawrence and Ross went pro this season he'd have them both in his top ten. It got worse.

Todd also admitted that Trevor would be the first QB picked and would probably be the first player drafted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The pregame comments about our secondary by the coot girl

Jan 21, 2019, 1:26 PM

were actually at that same table but on the SEC studio broadcast that led into this boradcast. It was at the end of that 2 hour broadcast. That is also available on ESPN3 on the same page and was a good production.

Another thing funny about this production was that at the first they said their main thing they wanted to see was how would Trevor Lawrence hold up on this stage against this defense in this game. Well, they got to see it. LOL

Also no mention of how Bama might be tired from their schedule and such.

Jan 21, 2019, 2:34 PM

I have given the Carolina game some thought over the past few years and can only draw one conclusion-we use them as the bye week before championship season.

Jan 21, 2019, 3:23 PM

Carolina is in Chapel Hill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 21, 2019, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: If you haven't watched Thinking out loud broadcast ]

You mean SCAR? Or UofSC as they like to call themselves now?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

McElroy needs to outgrow his frat boy persona, but his

Jan 21, 2019, 3:20 PM

explanations of the QB and DB reads and decisions was very entertaining, I thought. Had me thinking, "Dang, how do these players learn all this stuff and then do it on the fly like that?" It was complex stuff, handled at split second speed. And that's looking down on it: at ground level it can look pretty crazy.

Spears was really good, I thought. No nonsense and very heady approach to what the players are thinking and doing. For a bunch of SEC guys, I thought they handled the commentary very even handedly. They put Clemson in a very positive light, I thought. Even Tebow, who was all sec all the time prior to the game, was forthright about what was going on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic