Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think many people are under-estimating how good BC is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

I think many people are under-estimating how good BC is

Sep 25, 2017, 2:21 AM

I may be wrong here, but in the past 2 games (ND and CLEMSON), BC was neck-and-neck with both until the 4th quarter. I think their depth became an issue for BC late in those two games. Not sure what happened in their game with Wake because I did not watch it. In any case, if depth did not cause their last 2 losses, and if CLEMSON was not seriously holding back for VT, then we will have issues going forward. Other teams can see our strengths and weaknesses just like BC was able to do. From what I saw, BC is a very competitive team and will do well the remainder of their schedule. They did beat the team that beat Nebraska, so they are not a cupcake team by any means.

Now I'm more worried about Wake. :) Okay - just kidding.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think many people are under-estimating how good BC is

Sep 25, 2017, 3:40 AM

Against Wake they had 5 turnovers, that was the only reason they lost.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Sep 25, 2017, 7:58 AM

Your are absolutely correct

BC is good, old fashioned, football. 80's style.

Sep 25, 2017, 8:29 AM

nm

Sep 25, 2017, 8:45 AM

BC is trash.

They Would Be LA Tech by 20 Though***

Sep 25, 2017, 8:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

la tech is an elite team that would win the acc every year.***

Sep 25, 2017, 9:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 25, 2017, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: I think many people are under-estimating how good BC is ]

did you know pen1s is in your nickname?? so weird....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Sep 25, 2017, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: I think many people are under-estimating how good BC is ]

I posted this in another topic...

Boston College will honestly surprise you in what we actually played.

Team Passing Efficiency Defense & Rushing Defense:
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/40
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/24/p3

Boston College now sits at #16 in the nation at Team Passing Efficiency Defense, and #127 in Rushing defense...and you wonder why the run game was the plan? o_O I wouldn't say #16 in team passing efficiency defense is trash.

And then for a total defensive look, let's take a look at the updated NCAA S&P+, which factors in playing cupcakes, garbage time TD's, etc that skew basic "total defense" rankings only looking at total yards and not counting where they come from....the S&P removes the crap and gives a better look into overall efficiencies:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa2017

After ND ran all over them the prior game, they were still sitting at #27 S&P+ Defense last week. Now, they are at #40 after Clemson put 27 unanswered on them in the 4th quarter, but still in the top 50 defenses. And as much as people think NC State has a decent defense, they sit at #39 in S&P+ defense...one rank spot higher than BC, just to give some insight.

And for comparison, they are better than Old Dominion, ECU, and have a better S&P+ defense than WVU (#85 S&P+ defense btw)....for those Hokies out there not looking at Clemson's #3 S&P+ defense.

For those coots, LA Tech has a better offense S&P+ than BC (not like BC has really been known for offense much, and they only scored 7 on Clemson), but a much worse defense, #112 in S&P+ defense, than #40 S&P+ defense BC. LA Tech also has much worse Special Teams S&P+ defense (#89 vs #21). And you only won by 1?? lol.

So BC is good but OU and OSU suck? Got it!***

Sep 25, 2017, 9:46 AM

Naw, BC ain't that good...we were flat...no excuses

Sep 25, 2017, 9:49 AM

Glad we won big in the 4th....it was getting frustrating and embarrassing for the defending national champs.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic