Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have the money but don’t really want to spend it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

I have the money but don’t really want to spend it

Dec 12, 2018, 7:10 PM

Should i or should I not go to the playoff game?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Witch Juan?***

Dec 12, 2018, 7:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Witch Juan?***

Dec 12, 2018, 7:12 PM

Coots vs UVA.

Dec 12, 2018, 7:17 PM

Oh wait! That one! Seriously NO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Witch Juan?*** ]

Miami. Personally, I'm not much of a fan, but I can see how it would be a good draw in the middle of winter.

Re: I have the money but don’t really want to spend it

Dec 12, 2018, 7:11 PM

Why not?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 7:13 PM

I know it will be a one time chance but my thinking is I could use that money on stuff I actually need

Dec 12, 2018, 7:16 PM

That’s another story. Be smart with your money. If it’s not in the budget, don’t do it. Needs come first.

I hear ya’. I’m going to everything I can since this success won’t last forever.

Dec 12, 2018, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I have the money but don’t really want to spend it ]

If it does last forever I guess I’ll never retire!

Dec 12, 2018, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I have the money but don’t really want to spend it ]

If you have more than enough, do it! I felt the same way about the Sugar Bowl last year, but I don't regret going at all. Who knows how many chances you'll get to see them.

Dec 12, 2018, 7:12 PM

That’s going to be an awesome venue! Great town to visit that surely knows how to do it up right. Plus we need to show up to support our team. I’d go in a heartbeat if I could!

Dec 12, 2018, 7:24 PM

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! You may get like me one day, and not be able to go health wise!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 7:25 PM

It’s far more enjoyable to watch the game from the comfort of your home, near your kitchen and bathroom, then to go halfway across the country, sit in a loud stadium, and be forced to stand half the time because of some ####### in front of you. You couldn’t pay me to physically attend a game.

Dec 12, 2018, 7:30 PM

Dang, you prefer to stay home and never support the team as a fan in the stands, then you will attempt to convince another fan to do as you do, and stay near your bathroom!!!

That's a WOW me moment, and I am a stander through most of the game doing what the 12th man does, and that is to trash my vocal cords trying to make the game for our opponent as disruptive as I possibly can. Go Tiger fans and be a solid 12th man against the Rainbow chasers!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2018, 12:11 AM

The most inspiring response anyone could have made to that horrendous post. I’ll be there with you doing my part. #12th man always Stands

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!

Dec 13, 2018, 6:03 AM [ in reply to Re: I have the money but don’t really want to spend it ]

Sitting and cheering in a loud stadium is the best experience in sports ... for the fan .
I can't go because my employer jeeps a schedule , but I would if I could .
Different Strokes .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 13, 2018, 9:22 AM

Being a Tug Boat Captain is a demanding job, on demanding schedules. I found that out with a Very brief experience on a Tug Boat when I live in Honolulu!!!

Depends on if it's worth it to you

Dec 12, 2018, 7:46 PM

I went to the Orange Bowl whupping of Oklahoma playoff game, and was also in Tampa.

Both of those were worth every cent.

that's kinda the risk though

Dec 12, 2018, 8:38 PM

the enjoyment level is heavily dependent on how Clemson does. Last year I went to the Sugar Bowl and while the pre-game stuff was fun, what happened in the game greatly reduced the overall enjoyment as opposed to previous years when I went to the Fiesta and Orange Bowls.

Re: Depends on if it's worth it to you

Dec 12, 2018, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Depends on if it's worth it to you ]

My last game as a fan in the stands was the Tampa game, and it took weeks for me to recover from that. But for as long as I can, if I can find an affordable Ticket, I will make the coot game every other year that we play them here in cootlumbia bc it's only about a 8 mile drive from my house to the stadium!!!! Goooo Tigers, crush the Rain Bow chasers!!!

Dec 12, 2018, 8:26 PM

I don't have the money! Want to give it to me?

Dec 12, 2018, 8:34 PM

Go if you can. I have always enjoyed the times I traveled to watch the Tigers and being part of the atmosphere at big games. May not have liked the outcome a couple times, but never, ever, regretted supporting the Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only go if we're going to win.***

Dec 12, 2018, 8:36 PM

Dec 12, 2018, 8:43 PM

My philosophy for playoff attendance has been to skip the semifinal unless it’s in driving distance because if we lose, it puts a damper on New Years and if we win, you want to turn around and spend just as much if not more money to go to the championship the next week-2 weeks later.

Only exception for me is if we make a Rose Bowl, can’t pass that one up.

Don't live with regrets, if you want to go - you should go!

Dec 12, 2018, 9:30 PM

This run we are on will not last forever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Dec 12, 2018, 11:01 PM

I'm wrestling with this one too. As another person said, if we win, then of course, we'll want to go to Cali. In 2016 I went to the Phoenix beat down of OH and then two weeks later to the Natty. I don't regret a penny of it. I estimate it's going to cost us roughly $2,000 for three days at Cotton Bowl. Really want to go since it's Notre Dame. Will probably sit it out though and plan for Cali.

Message was edited by: tigernation2000

Dec 12, 2018, 11:53 PM

It is a part of Tiger history that will be in your memory to your end, but you will have left that memory for your family to tell until their end. It's worth more that you will ever have to pay in money!!!

Dec 12, 2018, 11:52 PM

If I had the money, I would be there FWIW

Dec 12, 2018, 11:53 PM

When you say "I have the money", I'm curious about how much $$ someone has to have in order to "feel like" they have enough to spend on the game?!

Hum...

I went in 2016 to Phoenix. It was worth

Dec 12, 2018, 11:54 PM

every dime.

Glad I did, since my oncology sked will not allow me this year.

Re: I went in 2016 to Phoenix. It was worth

Dec 13, 2018, 12:01 AM

You will be in my thought and prayers, and just remember, God doesn't call any body home that he isn't ready for!!!

Dec 13, 2018, 12:51 AM

I definitely think if you have the money and are healthy enough to go, then absolutely go. Regardless of the outcome, I think we beat ND) handlily the experience is worth it. By the way if you want to take two wayward orphans my husband and I would love the opportunity

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 13, 2018, 6:22 AM

I definitely think if you have the money and are healthy enough to go, then absolutely go. Regardless of the outcome, I think we beat ND) handlily the experience is worth it. By the way if you want to take two wayward orphans my husband and I would love the opportunity

I am in the same boat. I have the money but can’t justify $3k to see a football game. Plenty of more productive uses for that money when I have a front row seat in my living room

Dec 13, 2018, 6:33 AM

Put it on your retirement account and watch game on tv with friends.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2018, 8:31 AM

I'm in the same boat as it has been a tough decision due to the venue. I ran the numbers and can get there Solo, meeting up with some friends, and enjoy the experience for somewhere around $1500 if I am frugal and $2000 if I do some additional stuff while in the area.
My wife will not go as she is still drying out from the ACCCG and while that makes it less expensive, it's even more tough to rationalize spending the money. I have the green light to go, but we all know that comes with strings attached.
I think this year I am going to have a watch party and watch it on the TV, at home. However, I hope everyone making the trip stays safe and has a blast. Go Tigers!

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic