Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't particularly like Trump or Jerry Jones
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

I don't particularly like Trump or Jerry Jones

Sep 25, 2017, 7:31 PM

But after their statements about these ignorant football players .
I'm kinda starting to warm up to both of them.
A football field is not a stage to throw your political views on people .
It's not the flags fault that Trump is the president.
I just can't believe these players are falling for Trumps agenda.
Those Tweets by him are by design and will make him even more popular.
I love this is a free country and these players can do what they want.
But disrespecting everything that makes this country great is disturbing.
The national anthem is about freedom so stand up and respect it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your last sentence made me laugh out loud.***

Sep 25, 2017, 7:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why??

Sep 25, 2017, 7:39 PM

Are you a closet commie

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Why??

Sep 25, 2017, 7:42 PM

No he is a racist

Uhhh, I think he's out of the closet.***

Sep 25, 2017, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Why?? ]

Made me laugh too...

Sep 25, 2017, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Why?? ]

Among those freedoms the anthem stands for is freedom of speech. You seem to have it backwards- it's under communism you can't make political statements.

Re: Made me laugh too...

Sep 26, 2017, 9:16 AM

> Among those freedoms the anthem stands for is freedom
> of speech. You seem to have it backwards- it's under
> communism you can't make political statements.

You're correct. However, laughing out loud does not make you immune to criticism. That's also freedom of speech. We can laugh at you also. There are consequences for stupid actions or statements. Disrespect disrespect during the National anthem is disrespect for the entire country. There's no other way to interpret that. There is also no logical connection to disrespect for the country and "protesting" oppression or police brutality or anything else. It simply irrational.

^^ This!

Sep 26, 2017, 9:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why??

Sep 26, 2017, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Why?? ]

Chuck is probably the biggest racist on the board ignore everything he says.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Re: Your last sentence made me laugh out loud.***

Sep 25, 2017, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Your last sentence made me laugh out loud.*** ]

Chuckston - bless your little ANTI-AMERICAN, RACIST heart. We will take a knee and PRAY for you.

Re: I don't particularly like Trump or Jerry Jones

Sep 25, 2017, 7:34 PM

The Art of The Deal! Trump will get enough mileage out of this to coast to reelection

Sep 25, 2017, 7:42 PM

Everything that he says is calculated and done with great discipline. This is obviously meant to cover his knee jerk reactions to North Korea.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2017, 12:13 AM

Knee jerk? Now that made me chuckle.
Trump has yet to match Jung Un and his daddy in the war of threats yet he's a reactionary? How have the tactics of Billy Jeff and every President since him worked out? I say tactics since its obvious none of them had a strategy other than to pass the buck to the next man up. Let's not forget ol' Harry Truman too, the original buck stopper!
Why don't you try to understand something instead of spouting off borrowed fear mongering.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope so. Jones' Cowboys are about

Sep 25, 2017, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't particularly like Trump or Jerry Jones ]

to become my favorite team.

Sep 25, 2017, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't particularly like Trump or Jerry Jones ]

Message was edited by: keith75®

Sep 25, 2017, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't particularly like Trump or Jerry Jones ]

Meanwhile his border wall is chicken wire wrapped around a 4x4 post, Muslim ban got laughed out of court and Obama Care is law of the land.......awesome job dude!

Hillary, what a total loser. LOL.***

Sep 26, 2017, 12:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2017, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't particularly like Trump or Jerry Jones ]

> Meanwhile his border wall is chicken wire wrapped
> around a 4x4 post, Muslim ban got laughed out of
> court and Obama Care is law of the land.......awesome
> job dude!

To Keith 75. Where did you get all of that incorrect information? From the TV? Half of the border wall is planned with concrete. It is not a Muslim ban but a terrorist country origination band. It is in effect right now. Obamacare is a total disaster with an average doubling of Premium rates when it was sold to us as in total and utter lie. Obama promised that it would cut the average family of four insurance premiums by $2,500. It is gone 100% the other way. Of course you can keep your doctor but you can't keep your doctor nor can you keep your health plan that you originally signed up for which was most cost-effective. The law stinks and needs to be repealed or let it implode.

Yup, keith is simply repeating what the antagonistic media

Sep 26, 2017, 9:30 AM

wants him to believe. Keith is nothing more than a lemming in this regard. Plus, he's wrong.

Are you aware it was the military that started this

Sep 25, 2017, 7:39 PM

whole thing by paying the NFL millions of dollars to have players out on the field during the anthem for PR purposes? Prior to 2009, NFL players in primetime games were never on the field at the time the anthem was played.

Re: Are you aware it was the military that started this

Sep 25, 2017, 7:44 PM

Well then they need to carry their behinds in the locker room and not be seen kneeling

Sep 25, 2017, 7:50 PM

My point is it isn't just these protesting athletes who are guilty of mixing sports with politics.

Sep 25, 2017, 7:52 PM

I really don't have a problem with them protesting for what they believe in , that's fine.
But to kneel during the national anthem is communist.

Sep 25, 2017, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Are you aware it was the military that started this ]

Where did you come up with that fact? I remember seeing players on the field during the anthem in the late seventies and eighties as a kid and it bothered me then that some of them weren't singing along or have their hand over their heart.

He either made it up or some clown media monkey told him.***

Sep 26, 2017, 9:31 AM

Please show the link? Missed it.***

Sep 25, 2017, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Are you aware it was the military that started this ]

Sep 25, 2017, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Are you aware it was the military that started this ]

JD - provide some links - otherwise, I call BS.

Besides that, you still have no respect IMO, so I place you in the ANTI-AMERICAN category. You guys do not seem to understand chit.

I thought it was Betsy Ross and Francis Scott Key...

Sep 26, 2017, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Are you aware it was the military that started this ]

all this time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL- no they didn't.

Sep 26, 2017, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Are you aware it was the military that started this ]

Don't be ridiculous!

Wrawwwng. Complete BS.***

Sep 26, 2017, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Are you aware it was the military that started this ]

Sep 26, 2017, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Are you aware it was the military that started this ]

I figured Chucks other racist buddy would be here spewing nonsense.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Sep 26, 2017, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Are you aware it was the military that started this ]

This is absolute nonsense! Where did you get that false information??? Tell us where you got it so you and everyone else can NOT believe that source next time! Players have been present and standing on the field for decades. I remember this myself. Here are some sources...from a former NFL player and a Pentagon spokesperson.

What the Pentagon SHOULD do is DEMAND a refund from the NFL for monies paid to promote military activities. Just send the NFL the bill.

Jason Puckett, KVUE 7:28 AM. CDT September 26, 2017

CONNECT

TWEET

LINKEDIN

GOOGLE+

PINTEREST
AUSTIN,TX - It's a viral image with a wild claim.

This photo came out in response to controversy around NFL players taking a knee during the national anthem and has been shared thousands of times on social media

It reads:

"NFL players only started coming on the field for the National Anthem in 2009.

The reason: The govt. paid them to stage patriotic displays to boos military recruitment.

The Department of Defense and the National Guard paid the NFL a combined $12.3 million between 2011 and 2015. So the next time you think NFL players should stay out of politics, just remember that politics injected itself into the NFL first, and these players never got a say in being used as army recruitment tools."

The statement is overall false, though it does include some factual information. To break it down further, we spoke with former NFL player John Haines and used statements from Pentagon Spokesperson Army Major Dave Eastburn.

When Haines, who played for the Minnesota Vikings and Indianapolis Colts, read the text, his immediate response was, "That's crazy."

He added that the message made "no sense."

According to Haines, during his time in the NFL in the 80s, he was expected to be on the field for the national anthem and even had training for how to stand and look appropriate.

He said the claim that "NFL players only started coming on the field for the national anthem in 2009," is "completely false."

"I think you can go look at any game film," he said. "We're out there before the game starts. You run on the field, you have the national anthem, kick the ball and good to go."

KVUE reporter Jason Puckett asked Haines if he'd ever been paid or received incentives to participate in the anthem and responded, "No. No one's paid us, no one did anything other than say, 'Here's what we're asking you to do.'"

Pentagon Spokesperson Army Major Dave Eastburn gave a statement to CNN in 2017 that backed up Haines comments. He said, "The DOD does not require or request that athletes be on the field during the playing of the national anthem when military members are part of the patriotic opener."

KVUE can verify the claim that NFL players only started coming on the field for the anthem in 2009 is False.

The second part of the text, however, did have truth to it.

Republican Sens. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) and John McCain (R-AZ) released a statement on an investigation into DOD payments for "patriotic tributes" between 2011 and 2014.

Their statement in part said:

"clearly show that DOD paid for patriotic tributes at professional football, baseball, basketball, hockey, and soccer games. These paid tributes included on-field color guard, enlistment and reenlistment ceremonies, performances of the national anthem, full-field flag details, ceremonial first pitches? and puck drops. The National Guard paid teams for the “opportunity” to sponsor military appreciation nights and to recognize its birthday. It paid the Buffalo Bills to sponsor its Salute to the Service game. DOD even paid teams for the “opportunity” to perform surprise welcome home promotions for troops returning from deployments and to recognize wounded warriors. While well intentioned, we wonder just how many of these displays included a disclaimer that these events were in fact sponsored by the DOD at taxpayer expense. Even with that disclosure, it is hard to understand how a team accepting taxpayer funds to sponsor a military appreciation game, or to recognize wounded warriors or returning troops, can be construed as anything other than paid patriotism."

While KVUE can verify that DOD and the National Guard did spend money on "patriotic" events at NFL games, there is no connection showing they ever paid or required players to be involved. That coupled with the fact that players participated in the national anthem long before 2009 allow us to say the entire statement is false even though some of it's elements are factual.
© 2017 KVUE-TV

Sep 25, 2017, 7:48 PM

The Jerry Jones thing going around is fake. Jones never said or wrote any of that. Check Snopes or Factcheck.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Snopes is a liberal a=wipe.***

Sep 25, 2017, 8:40 PM

Re: Snopes is a liberal a=wipe.***

Sep 25, 2017, 10:39 PM

Snopes is strictly fact-based, and thus leans naturally to the left. Reality has a well-known liberal bias.

Oh boy, that's a good one!***

Sep 25, 2017, 10:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link?***

Sep 25, 2017, 11:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Snopes is a liberal a=wipe.*** ]

TL;DR***

Sep 25, 2017, 11:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Snopes is a liberal a=wipe.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OMG...too funny...that's so cute that you believe that.

Sep 26, 2017, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Snopes is a liberal a=wipe.*** ]

Snopes is two libs, working out of their house on their laptops not some huge fact finding enterprise.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got jokes I see.

Sep 26, 2017, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Snopes is a liberal a=wipe.*** ]

Wait, you were joking, right?

Sep 25, 2017, 7:51 PM

Sep 25, 2017, 7:54 PM

From hearing players speak about it. Sounds like more of the kneeling yesterday was in part to him calling them sons of #######

That’s what I think bothered them most. If he would have gave his opinion without that remark probably would have had a lot less players kneeling yesterday

Sep 25, 2017, 7:57 PM

But what does the Flag and the National Anthem have to do with Trump.
The American people voted him in yes but I'm sure these players don't want to live anywhere else.
The Flag represents the USA not Trump

Sep 25, 2017, 8:36 PM

Well, we know JD is a Hillary lover and is still mad about the election like the NFL and NBA players.

Sep 26, 2017, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't particularly like Trump or Jerry Jones ]

What does Trump have to do with our National Anthem and Flag? Seriously??? He is President of the United States. I'm embarrassed how he has represented us but he is our president. His comments matter.

Uh, but he didn't called them sum beotches....read up and...

Sep 26, 2017, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't particularly like Trump or Jerry Jones ]

...and get it right as to where and what he said. Down with propaganda!

jones just kneeled***

Sep 25, 2017, 8:34 PM

You talking about Jones and entire team standing for anthem?

Sep 26, 2017, 10:10 AM

https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboys-take-knee-team-national-anthem-005655363.html

Sep 25, 2017, 8:52 PM

Jerry Jones just kneeled during the anthem. Do you still like him ?

Sep 26, 2017, 9:14 AM

No he didn't.

Jerry Jones statement was fake news by the way.

Sep 25, 2017, 8:55 PM

It's been debunked.

Sep 25, 2017, 11:51 PM

Sep 26, 2017, 8:06 AM

That was before the Anthem, they stood during it.

That's how they should always do it if they want to make...

Sep 26, 2017, 10:28 AM

a point. That was a good call on their part.

Fake news.***

Sep 26, 2017, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't particularly like Trump or Jerry Jones ]

Snowflake Basher........Out

READ and LEARN

Sep 26, 2017, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't particularly like Trump or Jerry Jones ]

https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboys-take-knee-team-national-anthem-005655363.html

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic